Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add me to the list of people disappointed with the new Kona lunch and dinner.

Kona, don't touch that breakfast dial!

Really? What about it? I thought they upgraded the choices quite a bit from what it was before. Seems almost like a signature menu at dinner now, and I thought all the sushi options for lunch looked scrummy.

BTW, I'm probably well behind on this, but when did the in-room Twilight Feast go to $60 per guest?

Ive asked a couple times, and maybe I just missed all the replies, but could you tell me where exactly you eat this feast? I assume the balcony, but what if you dont get/have one? As I remember, there are no tables/chairs in the room. Is it only for DVC rooms?

but have only eaten at Ohana once 5+ years ago

I eat breakfast there every visit, on our last day. For dinner, Ive only been 2x. I can never get a decent time reservation :(

I want to know if they have sticky wings lol. Love em!

The current Kona menu for lunch and dinner is just awful. We used to eat there every trip several times a year. All of our favs are gone.

We used to eat at Kona most of our trips but the menu change turned us off completely so arrival day we switched our dinner to the Grand Floridian Cafe. Monorail ride is a bonus!!

What is available in regards to bottled wine at Moana Mercantile? Is there a pino grigio and if yes how much? Also how much are cases of water on resort - cheaper than ordering?

Have any characters been seen visiting at poly?

Stitch and Pluto were out on 7/21 on the fake grassy area outside the Pineapple Lanai. Time stamp was 2:45pm on my pic - I'm not sure when they came out or how long they stayed.

Like with any characters at the resorts, YMMV! If I'm not mistaken, these are often done for training purposes.

I'm just curious-is that the entire menu? And is Kona open straight thru from noon to midnite? I thought that they, like the Grand Floridian Cafe does, closed for a couple hours between lunch and dinner.

Sorry, that's just one page from the in-room dining menu. It's not the Kona menu.

What is available in regards to bottled wine at Moana Mercantile? Is there a pino grigio and if yes how much? Also how much are cases of water on resort - cheaper than ordering?
I often buy wine at the resorts when not CL. I stay at poly and gf often too. I am not sure of what there is today but it is common to find bottles $10 and up with decent quality.

When is your trip? I will be there the end of August, I can check .

Oh gf, cr and poly have some the same , some different so monorail shop if needed.

Water is not cheap but convenient at the resorts. It is cheaper to buy in the shops vs at the parks. I often get the liter size and stick in fridge. Cheap and easy to do.

Last edited:
Ive asked a couple times, and maybe I just missed all the replies, but could you tell me where exactly you eat this feast? I assume the balcony, but what if you dont get/have one? As I remember, there are no tables/chairs in the room. Is it only for DVC rooms?

View attachment 421313

View attachment 421314

I eat breakfast there every visit, on our last day. For dinner, Ive only been 2x. I can never get a decent time reservation :(

When we had the Twilight Feast last fall, the person delivering the meal set it up the little roll out table that slides underneath the desk when not in use. We took plates out to the balcony, but the table could easily be moved by the chair or sofa if that wasn’t an option.

hey there! some questions i have as a first time guest of the poly.. i have a lakeview dvc room booked any suggestions of room number or floor ..and is the twilight feast all you care to enjoy? any other info is greatly appreciated !

hey there! some questions i have as a first time guest of the poly.. i have a lakeview dvc room booked any suggestions of room number or floor ..and is the twilight feast all you care to enjoy? any other info is greatly appreciated !
One good thing with that category , there are balconies/patios on all 3 floors.

Floor one you can walk right out to grass/ beach area but views somewhat blocked by the bungalows. So it all depends on your preference. Upper floor with better view ? Or ability to go right out?

Care to enjoy? I think you mean refills ? No they bring the feast once but it is very large from what people post.

This touring plans tool may help:
https://touringplans.com/hotel_maps...[sound]=&filters[balcony]=any&date=2019-07-30

Last edited:
So, I was just looking over the Touring Plans description of the Poly and the commuting times to parks...it has the time to Epcot about 38 minutes? I haven't stayed there if several years, so I can't remember, but I'm trying to get a handle on departure times in the morning - does that sound about right? We'd be walking to the TTC for the Epcot monorail and not taking the monorail from Poly/transfer...I'm sure the double security check adds some time! Thanks!

So, I was just looking over the Touring Plans description of the Poly and the commuting times to parks...it has the time to Epcot about 38 minutes? I haven't stayed there if several years, so I can't remember, but I'm trying to get a handle on departure times in the morning - does that sound about right? We'd be walking to the TTC for the Epcot monorail and not taking the monorail from Poly/transfer...I'm sure the double security check adds some time! Thanks!

Security and you have to allow time in case you just missed the prior monorail to EPCOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter