Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know - did Poly recently reclassify the rooms in Rarotonga? We stayed there last February, and I'm positive we were in a Standard View room (and the Touring Plans room finder showed many of the rooms in Rarotonga to be standard view). I went to make a room request for a trip in April, and Touring Plans is showing that none of the rooms in Rarotonga are classified as Standard View. Anyone know if this was a recent change? (I'm guessing that lots of people requested Rarotonga since it's next door to GCH, so they wanted to add a premium to the price by reclassifying those rooms.)

Not sure, we stayed in Rarotonga Standard View in August, we were 1st floor facing the Oasis pool but it was basically facing the grass/walkway. We loved the location, I hope it's still SV for our next trip.

Headed to Poly on March 15-19. We are booked for a standard view room. Has anyone tried upgrading to club level at check-in? Was curious if they may give better upgrade deals at check-in if there are CL rooms still available. Has anyone received an upgrade offer or asked for an upgrade to club level?

Headed to Poly on March 15-19. We are booked for a standard view room. Has anyone tried upgrading to club level at check-in? Was curious if they may give better upgrade deals at check-in if there are CL rooms still available. Has anyone received an upgrade offer or asked for an upgrade to club level?

You won't get any deals for upgrading at check in. Is there availability for CL now? If so, that cost is what you would pay if there's still availability at check in. There are some guests that have received a free upgrade at check in but they are extremely rare and are surprises, not asked for.

I am here. I am in love. I have eaten pulled pork nachos.

I can't figure out the best way to post a picture. Uploading a file seems to take forever (large file size?).... I want to share my joy and my view with all of you, lol! Is there some easy-peasy way to post a pic that I'm missing!

Your question has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Glad you're having a great time :goodvibes.

I can't figure out the best way to post a picture. Uploading a file seems to take forever (large file size?).... I want to share my joy and my view with all of you, lol! Is there some easy-peasy way to post a pic that I'm missing!
I had to practice bc it's been awhile, but I select upload a file, then click the pic from my photo roll. Is that what you tried? I do it from my phone, but haven't tried from my PC

The problem is the file size. I have an iPhone, not sure if this is how it works with other products. When in a pinch, I email the photo to myself and select the medium or large file size option. When I get the email, I’ll then save the photo to my images, then post that image on the DIS (via Upload a File). Not exactly efficient but I’ll do it in a pinch.

There are various photo sharing services (PhotoBucket and similar) where you can embed a link, but I’ve never really looked in to those services.

0B068D1C-C2E7-4111-AD73-29547FFE3752.jpeg

I tried that resize app . I just got this mini version of my “poly lovin’” pin .

Unfortunately it made a loud noise /commercial with use so I deleted it . Rats , it was easy .

Maybe I’ll look to purchase one. I love posting but it’s so much work resizing pix .

I have a BC trip next week but we will head to Poly for sure . Mama needs a spikey pineapple !

View attachment 380801

I tried that resize app . I just got this mini version of my “poly lovin’” pin .

Unfortunately it made a loud noise /commercial with use so I deleted it . Rats , it was easy .

Maybe I’ll look to purchase one. I love posting but it’s so much work resizing pix .

I have a BC trip next week but we will head to Poly for sure . Mama needs a spikey pineapple !
OMG I love that pin! That’s pretty much what I’m celebrating every trip...plus recapturing my sanity :rotfl2:

Headed back "home" in November, but hit the dreaded waitlist for the last 2 nights we had planned. I need pixie dust or we will have to switch resorts. I don't think I can convince everyone we are travelling with to split stay. UGH.

So, if any of you have waitlist stories to share, I would love to hear them.

Headed back "home" in November, but hit the dreaded waitlist for the last 2 nights we had planned. I need pixie dust or we will have to switch resorts. I don't think I can convince everyone we are travelling with to split stay. UGH.

So, if any of you have waitlist stories to share, I would love to hear them.

We just bought DVC last fall so I don't have a lot of experience yet, but I would make sure to stalk the website and not just rely on the waitlist. I had a waitlist for one night in June for AKL, and I was checking the website every morning and grabbed it before my waitlist came through.

Good luck!

We just bought DVC last fall so I don't have a lot of experience yet, but I would make sure to stalk the website and not just rely on the waitlist. I had a waitlist for one night in June for AKL, and I was checking the website every morning and grabbed it before my waitlist came through.

Good luck!
This for sure! Only once did I have a waitlist come through before I saw it online myself!

ETA: one of those were November Poly nights, too! Good luck! :)

We are considering renting DVC points for a Poly stay in August - does anyone know the general availability of studios now for late August? Am I kidding myself that we might be able to get one? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter