Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked two nights in a DVC villa in December. Coming down to check out the Christmas decorations, do a little shopping, ect. This is my #1 resort choice that I have wanted to stay at, so I will get to check that off my list and see if it will replace the AKL as my favorite resort. So excited.

Booked two nights in a DVC villa in December. Coming down to check out the Christmas decorations, do a little shopping, ect. This is my #1 resort choice that I have wanted to stay at, so I will get to check that off my list and see if it will replace the AKL as my favorite resort. So excited.

Hope you have a great time! December is one of my favorite times of the year to be in Disney :goodvibes.

Does anyone know what time the Lava pool is closing these days?

It was 9am-11pm when we were there early July. At some point early fall they’ll shorten those hours, although not exactly sure when. For example, hours were 10am-9pm when we were there the first week of Oct 2017.

After doing a lot of reading, we’ve pretty much settled on Rarotonga I think. But I have some questions about its proximity to transportation. How is the walk to the TTC from there and where is the bus stop in relation to Rarotonga?
The bus stop is nearby. We didn't do the walk to TTC. We chose to ride the monorail to the TTC and transfer to the Epcot monorail. It was pretty quick.

So, we are home now, and I just spent an hour in my pool with Pandora playing Hawaiian music while I tried to imagine myself back at the Oasis Pool.

We had a spectacular time at the Poly. It is so relaxing and beautiful. We loved the Hawaiian music, the smells, and the friendly staff. My blood pressure lowered whenever we exited the monorail and entered the Poly. We didn't experience the Luau crowds or 'Ohana chaos that have been reported on DIS Boards. We never waited in line long for food at Captain Cooks, although, we are early risers and rope droppers. The only crowds we encountered were at the Lava Pool, so we spent our time at the Oasis Pool. My DD managed to go down the slide once at the Lava Pool, but she didn't linger because of the sea of humanity surrounding her. We never got around to trying Trader Sam's, but it will be on our list for next time.

We were very pleased to be in Rarotonga, Room 1814 and 1815. We had a King on the first floor as requested with a view of the Oasis Pool entrance which was extremely convenient. We actually viewed fireworks from our patio a few times. The other nights we viewed them from Cali Grill and from Seven Seas Lagoon during our private fireworks cruise. I had wanted to view them from the pool, but it probably would have been crowded, and that's not my thing. Our room (1814) had a hand held shower massage which we have at home, but DD (1815 on the monorail side) had a standard shower head, and she ended up showering in our room. Mousekeeping came in the morning while we were in the parks and were gone by early afternoon when we returned, so we didn't have to deal with the security checks widely complained about on the DIS Boards. No towel animals, but one day, they did leave one of our leis in the shape of a heart on our bed. Toiletries and towels were regularly replenished. Toilet paper not so much, but they responded quickly when we called for more, and as I said in another post, when DH needed conditioner, they came with a bag full of shampoo and conditioner.

The food at 'Ohana dinner was delicious, especially those noodles and szechwan steak. It was way too much food for us, and by the time dessert came, I barely touched it. DH enjoyed a Lapu Lapu in the pineapple, and we were not charged the extra $5.00 for the pineapple. The coconut races were tame and nobody got wild or loud during our 6:00pm reservation. Breakfast at 'Ohana was awesome as usual, and I got my bacon when requested. Captain Cooks was great as was Oasis Pool food service. The frosted pineapple was yummy. I did find that the drinks at Oasis were better than 'Ohana which seemed watered down.

The Polynesian Village Resort is our new home. We may split a stay for a night or two at the Beach Club for Stormalong Bay, and DD's wedding will most likely be at the Grand Floridian. But the Polynesian is our place where we feel the most comfortable, relaxed, and content.

We had a spectacular time at the Poly. It is so relaxing and beautiful. We loved the Hawaiian music, the smells, and the friendly staff. My blood pressure lowered whenever we exited the monorail and entered the Poly.
So glad you had such a great trip!!! I could not agree more with the bolded above, this is exactly how I feel each time I step into the Poly and why I love it so much!!

So glad you had such a great trip!!! I could not agree more with the bolded above, this is exactly how I feel each time I step into the Poly and why I love it so much!!
Third this! There is something calming about that quick ride from the crazy of MK to the cool and calming lobby of the Poly. Great point! It’s always busy but never jammed. It just feels like vacation.

My blood pressure lowered whenever we exited the monorail and entered the Poly.

Totally agree. I have several resorts I love but it’s when I get to the Poly that I completely relax. :beach:

Third this! There is something calming about that quick ride from the crazy of MK to the cool and calming lobby of the Poly. Great point! It’s always busy but never jammed. It just feels like vacation.

X4 from me too. It's the smell... there HAS to be something in it that's addicting. :-)

@Summer2018 - So glad you enjoyed your trip, thanks for the recap!

I have to be honest - when I see people post with as much excitement as you did leading up to your trip, there's always a little part of me that worries about the build-up / potential let down that can sometimes come with travel, be it Disney or anywhere, if they don't match expectations. But alas, so glad it worked out well for you.

@Summer2018 - So glad you enjoyed your trip, thanks for the recap!

I have to be honest - when I see people post with as much excitement as you did leading up to your trip, there's always a little part of me that worries about the build-up / potential let down that can sometimes come with travel, be it Disney or anywhere, if they don't match expectations. But alas, so glad it worked out well for you.
I’m truly grateful that our time at the Polynesian was so blissful. We were really shaken up when we finally arrived, and within minutes of checking in, we were transported to paradise. It was better than our honeymoon 25 years ago. I will never forget this special moment in time.

Thanks for your support before, during, and after. I love this thread, and I adore the Poly.

I’m truly grateful that our time at the Polynesian was so blissful. We were really shaken up when we finally arrived, and within minutes of checking in, we were transported to paradise. It was better than our honeymoon 25 years ago. I will never forget this special moment in time.

Thanks for your support before, during, and after. I love this thread, and I adore the Poly.

Since it looks like from your ticker your next stop is DL...is it safe to assume y'all are flying this trip? :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Aloha! I'm so pumped that I'll be spending a night at the Poly for my upcoming trip in October. I have three day park tickets and I'm there for four days, so I decided to spend my first day just hanging out at the Poly!

I had the pleasure of staying there last year and it was absolutely amazing, so I'm thrilled to be able to do it again. I just have a couple questions about food that may have changed.

1. Can you still get the bread pudding at Tambu Lounge?

2. Can you still get the pineapple-coconut bread and butter at Kona Island?

Thank ya fellow Poly fanatics!

Last edited:
Aloha! I'm so pumped that I'll be spending a night at the Poly for my upcoming trip in October. I have three day park tickets and I'm there for four days, so I decided to spend my first day just hanging out at the Poly!

I had the pleasure of staying there last year and it was absolutely amazing, so I'm thrilled to be able to do it again. I just have a couple questions about food that may have changed.

1. Can you still get the bread pudding at Tambu Lounge?

2. Can you still get the pineapple-coconut bread and butter at Kona Island?

Thank ya fellow Poly fanatics!

Glad you'll be getting in some Poly time during your trip.

Tambu... I have not followed the absolute latest but Tambu was/is supposed to be closing for what appears to be a major refurb soon. It may be closed already, I'm not sure. Hopefully someone who knows for sure can chime in, but keep on eye out if Tambu will be open during your trip. When we were there 7/4 week, they had set up a temporary bar near the monorail entrance (just tables and a few beer selections) that I was told was going to serve as the replacement when Tambu closed.

Not sure about Kona Island.

Hope you have a good trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter