Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was everyone happy with choosing poly? For those that have stayed at other deluxes, how does it compare?
We are going for my 40th and it will also be our 15 year anniversary and staying at poly has been on my bucket list so we booked it for September 2019. But now that I can stay anywhere I want I’m started to rethink and want to make sure it’s the best choice!

My daughter and I loved The Poly it was my daughter's dream resort and it totally lived up to her expectations on her Sweet 16 trip. I loved it as well but I give a slight edge to AKL as I loved the view and the Theming and I love Boma!

Last edited:
Just called the resort, there is no delivery fee if the order comes while you are checked in. If the delivery comes prior to check in, there’s a $5 fee.

If alcohol is part of the order, they hold it at the front desk and it must be signed for by someone of legal age.

Thanks so much for this suggestion!

Has anyone had beer delivered from prime now? I know we have with garden grocer and you just emailed a copy of your license, so it was with the rest of the order and didn’t have to sign for it.

Hi everyone! We haven’t been to the poly since 2015 and we will be back at the end of August. So excited!
I haven’t read all the posts so I’m sorry if this has been answered already but does anyone know if Lapu Lapus will be available while the Tambu Lounge is closed? I mean as a bar or takeaway drink. We are not doing dinner at Ohana or Kona.
Thanks!

I have A couple more questions:
Where can you see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from the Polynesian resort if you don’t have a fireworks view room?
Which is the best longhouse to request if staying in a standard room?
Where does everyone watch the electrical water parade from the resort?

Anyone had any luck getting into a Dvc room early??
That's a tough one! When we were there the last 2 times, the DVC mousekeeping crew arrived at 11 am daily, so the odds of getting in before 12 were slim, unless you were going into a previously unoccupied room. Maybe that has changed? We are there again in 35 days and hope this has changed. Does anyone else know if this is still the same?

Hi everyone! We haven’t been to the poly since 2015 and we will be back at the end of August. So excited!

Hope you have a great time! :wizard:

Getting so excited for our first poly stay! We're currently enjoying our last day on our beach vacation in north myrtle beach. We check into the poly in 55 days.

You will be arriving at the Poly before you know it! Hope you have a great trip :).

Where can you see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom from the Polynesian resort if you don’t have a fireworks view room?

The beach :goodvibes.

I haven’t read all the posts so I’m sorry if this has been answered already but does anyone know if Lapu Lapus will be available while the Tambu Lounge is closed? I mean as a bar or takeaway drink. We are not doing dinner at Ohana or Kona.
Thanks!
Word is they will still have bar service set up at a temporary location but until it’s up and running no one knows the menu of drinks. Lapu Lapu appears to be their big money maker so it would be hard to imagine they would go without it but they may due to shortage of space. I’m sure someone will weigh in once the refurb starts!

11 days until our check in. I can almost hear the music and taste the cocktails :wizard:

Here’s what I’m doing right now: Pandora Hawaiian Radio + homemade Lapu Lapu on the screened porch. It helps get me through until we return to the Polynesian next February. :music: :drinking1

Hope you have a wonderful trip, have a Lapu Lapu for the rest of us!

F245A748-4DA6-4276-A3A0-F471CD3AB046.jpeg

Here’s what I’m doing right now: Pandora Hawaiian Radio + homemade Lapu Lapu on the screened porch. It helps get me through until we return to the Polynesian next February. :music: :drinking1

Hope you have a wonderful trip, have a Lapu Lapu for the rest of us!

View attachment 335397
Excellent! Poly in the winter has to be the best. Escape the cold and get tropical!

I have A couple more questions:
Which is the best longhouse to request if staying in a standard room?
Where does everyone watch the electrical water parade from the resort?
Fireworks can be viewed from many places...main pool, lawn in front of main pool, over by docks before fiji. All great. My fav is from pool. Same goes for parade. Our favorite long house are raratonga and samoa

What's in homemade lapu lapu?

From partythroughtheparks.com:
  • 2 parts Myers's Dark Rum, 2 parts pineapple juice, 3 parts orange juice, 1 part sweet and sour mix, topped with 1 part Bacardi 151 rum floated on the top. Shaken with ice.
I personally like to throw in a little amaretto and maybe a half dash of falernum to add depth to the flavor. I wonder if the bartenders at Tambu have a secret magical ingredient because theirs always taste soooo good! Probably fresh juices and the pineapple shell. Yum!

From partythroughtheparks.com:
  • 2 parts Myers's Dark Rum, 2 parts pineapple juice, 3 parts orange juice, 1 part sweet and sour mix, topped with 1 part Bacardi 151 rum floated on the top. Shaken with ice.
I personally like to throw in a little amaretto and maybe a half dash of falernum to add depth to the flavor. I wonder if the bartenders at Tambu have a secret magical ingredient because theirs always taste soooo good! Probably fresh juices and the pineapple shell. Yum!
Sounds Great!! I might have to try it as I don't think I can manage another 35 days until the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter