Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Input please!
We check in this coming Friday, 10/27. We booked a DVC Studio with lake view.
Should we request a high floor for a better view? Building preferences and why?
It's just us, no kids. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you booked a Lake View DVC Studio, you’ll be in Moorea. The first floor rooms have a patio, second and third have balconies (the DVC longhouses are different than the resort side longhouses, which don’t have balconies on the second floors). If this were me, I’d want to request a third or second floor so you’ll have a better MK view over the bungalows.

Hope that helps!

No, it won’t impact your requests. Although if you do choose to make room requests during online check-in, you don’t want to pick something that conflicts with whatever you phoned in as you can leave the room assignor not knowing exactly how to best meet your requests.

Personally, I call in my requests and do online check-in, but I leave the room request options blank on online check-in.

Thanks ! I will do that.

Question for you experienced Poly people: How important is it really to have a longhouse near the GCH if you are trying to minimize walking time after a long day at the parks? Meaning, is the Polynesian campus big enough to really have to worry about walking distance, or should I focus on other room request (like 1st/3rd floor)?
Standard room.

Just booked a trip for August with a magical deal - standard room. It will be our 2nd time staying at the Poly.

Congrats on the great deal! Hope you have a great return trip to the Poly :wizard:.

Us too!! We're there 8/17-8/21 before switching over to the WL for the remainder of our stay.

Two great resorts! Have fun planning, hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

It took 48 minutes on hold today, but I booked an Oasis Patio for the second afternoon of our trip! I can’t wait!

Sorry your hold was so long, but glad you were able to get it booked :cloud9:.

Just back - we had a standard view of the monorail in Aoteara and we loved it. The location was actually perfect for my family and we did not have any problems with noise from the monorail or the luau. We had the Twilight Feast for room service: one adult portion was more than enough for 2 adults and an 11 year old girl. Drinks at Tambu Lounge and the Oasis pool bar were amazing. For everybody who has an upcoming trip: enjoy!!! I miss it already.

Thanks for posting about your trip, sounds like you had a great time! :)

We check in this coming Friday, 10/27. We booked a DVC Studio with lake view.

Have a great trip :yay:.

Question for you experienced Poly people: How important is it really to have a longhouse near the GCH if you are trying to minimize walking time after a long day at the parks? Meaning, is the Polynesian campus big enough to really have to worry about walking distance, or should I focus on other room request (like 1st/3rd floor)?
Standard room.

I don't think it takes long to get around the grounds as the Poly isn't that spread out. Some longhouses are closer to the main areas than others, but nothing is really that far away, IMO. If walking isn't an issue for you, I would focuse on a patio or balcony if that is a priority. Have a great time :wizard:.

Hello! We will be having our first stay at the Poly this coming February for my 40th Birthday. We are beyond excited. It will be myself, DH, DD7, & DD2 in a Standard View. Looking for Room request suggestions. With the girls it is much easier if we are close to the monorail, bus, and the Grand Ceremonial House. Second to that I wouldn't mind having something nice to look for a view. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Back from my week at the Poly...we were there 10/14 - 21 (well, we checked into Poly 10/15, first night was at Pop)

My only request was for a third floor balcony (decided to take off longhouse request and just go with 3rd floor as it was my priority, but was hoping for Rarotonga), since I'd booked standard view.

We ended up being "upgraded" to Hawaii, and CL. I put upgraded in quotation marks, because I think someone else may have enjoyed the experience more. We were given a first floor wheelchair accessible room. The door closed on a delay, and we had to stand and wait for it to close when we came and went. Our shower also flooded the bathroom floor every time we used it (which was two to three times a day - morning and evening). It wasn't a new problem just for us either, there was a lot of water damage and discoloration on the back of the bathroom door. When I asked about it at the CL concierge desk, we were given a shrug and a sorry. They didn't seem overly concerned, so we just dealt with it. I wanted to ask for a room change, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful. Honestly, we'd have enjoyed a regular plain ol' room just as much or more. We didn't ever use our patio b/c it was right by the walkway to and from the quiet pool, and people were out there all the time.

Aside from check in, the CL concierge CMs weren't very helpful. One morning MDE was down on my phone, and I went to ask if they were able to see what time my FPs were for, b/c I wasn't quite sure on the timing of the first one. The other two I remembered. When I asked, the CM just said, "it's down for us too, I can't help you." and then picked up his phone and turned his back on me. The next time I tried to ask them something was halfway through the trip when I was going to ask if I could pay off our room charges there or if I needed to go to the main front desk. One CM was on the phone trying to help a bell services CM figure out a room issue for luggage. The other was typing something. I said, "Excuse me, I have a quick question," and she said, "I'm busy." and turned her chair away. I left and went into the main lobby and took care of it in two minutes. The final time we tried to ask them for help, my mom asked if they could access a vacuum so she could use it for her space bags (OMG, she overpacked, LOL!!). The man said, "I don't even know where we could get something like that." The woman rolled her eyes and said, "Housekeeping. Call them instead." So mom called housekeeping and left a message, but we never heard back and I managed to get the suitcase closed.

Now, the negative aside, the lounge CMs were awesome!! They were all so friendly and helpful. Lipoa was there, who some of you may recognize as the previous entertainment at 'Ohana. The food in the lounge was just ok, but a few things were excellent. You can't beat unlimited access to POG juice. We watched Happily Ever After one evening from the lounge, which wasn't my favorite experience. It was loud in the crowded room and they didn't dim the lights so while you could see the fireworks, they were marred by the glare of the lights and reflections of the other people in the room. Daytime views from the lounge were gorgeous though!!

My favorite part of the Poly is the lobby, and being in the Hawaii building did isolate us a little from it. I didn't feel very connected to the resort, which I realize sounds ridiculous, LOL!!

Overall, I enjoyed the resort. The grounds are beautiful and it's magical in the evening with the torches lit...and it was a special touch to walk by the movie area in the evenings when they played Moana or Lilo and Stitch - the music in the background of such a perfect tropical setting really transports you. Shopping options at the resort are great, with a varied mix of items. We enjoyed watching fireworks from the beach! Our check in was great, and the main desk CMs were beyond helpful and amazing. They were all warm and friendly. The access to transportation was great - the walk to the TTC wasn't bad at all to catch the Epcot monorail. We never had any issues with buses, boats, or monorail crowds. Everything worked well.

I understand why so many love this gorgeous resort, but for me it will probably just be a dining destination in the future. I just can't get past my love of the Wilderness Lodge. The Poly had always been my imagined "dream resort", and I am so happy and fortunate to have been able to enjoy a week here!

Back from my week at the Poly...we were there 10/14 - 21 (well, we checked into Poly 10/15, first night was at Pop)

My only request was for a third floor balcony (decided to take off longhouse request and just go with 3rd floor as it was my priority, but was hoping for Rarotonga), since I'd booked standard view.

We ended up being "upgraded" to Hawaii, and CL. I put upgraded in quotation marks, because I think someone else may have enjoyed the experience more. We were given a first floor wheelchair accessible room. The door closed on a delay, and we had to stand and wait for it to close when we came and went. Our shower also flooded the bathroom floor every time we used it (which was two to three times a day - morning and evening). It wasn't a new problem just for us either, there was a lot of water damage and discoloration on the back of the bathroom door. When I asked about it at the CL concierge desk, we were given a shrug and a sorry. They didn't seem overly concerned, so we just dealt with it. I wanted to ask for a room change, but I didn't want to seem ungrateful. Honestly, we'd have enjoyed a regular plain ol' room just as much or more. We didn't ever use our patio b/c it was right by the walkway to and from the quiet pool, and people were out there all the time.

Aside from check in, the CL concierge CMs weren't very helpful. One morning MDE was down on my phone, and I went to ask if they were able to see what time my FPs were for, b/c I wasn't quite sure on the timing of the first one. The other two I remembered. When I asked, the CM just said, "it's down for us too, I can't help you." and then picked up his phone and turned his back on me. The next time I tried to ask them something was halfway through the trip when I was going to ask if I could pay off our room charges there or if I needed to go to the main front desk. One CM was on the phone trying to help a bell services CM figure out a room issue for luggage. The other was typing something. I said, "Excuse me, I have a quick question," and she said, "I'm busy." and turned her chair away. I left and went into the main lobby and took care of it in two minutes. The final time we tried to ask them for help, my mom asked if they could access a vacuum so she could use it for her space bags (OMG, she overpacked, LOL!!). The man said, "I don't even know where we could get something like that." The woman rolled her eyes and said, "Housekeeping. Call them instead." So mom called housekeeping and left a message, but we never heard back and I managed to get the suitcase closed.

Now, the negative aside, the lounge CMs were awesome!! They were all so friendly and helpful. Lipoa was there, who some of you may recognize as the previous entertainment at 'Ohana. The food in the lounge was just ok, but a few things were excellent. You can't beat unlimited access to POG juice. We watched Happily Ever After one evening from the lounge, which wasn't my favorite experience. It was loud in the crowded room and they didn't dim the lights so while you could see the fireworks, they were marred by the glare of the lights and reflections of the other people in the room. Daytime views from the lounge were gorgeous though!!

My favorite part of the Poly is the lobby, and being in the Hawaii building did isolate us a little from it. I didn't feel very connected to the resort, which I realize sounds ridiculous, LOL!!

Overall, I enjoyed the resort. The grounds are beautiful and it's magical in the evening with the torches lit...and it was a special touch to walk by the movie area in the evenings when they played Moana or Lilo and Stitch - the music in the background of such a perfect tropical setting really transports you. Shopping options at the resort are great, with a varied mix of items. We enjoyed watching fireworks from the beach! Our check in was great, and the main desk CMs were beyond helpful and amazing. They were all warm and friendly. The access to transportation was great - the walk to the TTC wasn't bad at all to catch the Epcot monorail. We never had any issues with buses, boats, or monorail crowds. Everything worked well.

I understand why so many love this gorgeous resort, but for me it will probably just be a dining destination in the future. I just can't get past my love of the Wilderness Lodge. The Poly had always been my imagined "dream resort", and I am so happy and fortunate to have been able to enjoy a week here!

Seems like quite a negative review! Hopefully you'll be able to look back more fondly on your experience. Bummer!

Hello! We will be having our first stay at the Poly this coming February for my 40th Birthday. We are beyond excited. It will be myself, DH, DD7, & DD2 in a Standard View. Looking for Room request suggestions. With the girls it is much easier if we are close to the monorail, bus, and the Grand Ceremonial House. Second to that I wouldn't mind having something nice to look for a view. Any suggestions?

Hope you have a great time and enjoy your first Poly stay :wizard:.

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry about the issues you experienced, but hope you had a nice trip overall :wizard:.

My dad just mentioned that he might want to book Poly for our bounce-back in March! Fingers crossed it works out, it would be amazing to stay there!

Good luck! Hope it works out :).

We were given a first floor wheelchair accessible room. The door closed on a delay, and we had to stand and wait for it to close when we came and went. Our shower also flooded the bathroom floor every time we used it

We had a wheelchair accessible room in Rarotonga one year and I hate it for the same reasons. The flooded bathroom was a mess. I hated that we dirtied every single towel in the room everyday just trying to keep the water somewhat contained. It really seems like there has got to be a better way to have a roll in shower than to just let the bathroom flood everytime anyone turns it on.

Seems like quite a negative review! Hopefully you'll be able to look back more fondly on your experience. Bummer!

It wasn't a bummer or a negative overall experience, but I feel like it deserves to be described truthfully. Flooded bathrooms after every shower are no fun, and CMs who aren't very helpful aren't fun either. However, great CMs are awesome, ambiance is awesome, and spending a week with my mom to celebrate two years post chemo is definitely something to remember fondly.

We had a wheelchair accessible room in Rarotonga one year and I hate it for the same reasons. The flooded bathroom was a mess. I hated that we dirtied every single towel in the room everyday just trying to keep the water somewhat contained. It really seems like there has got to be a better way to have a roll in shower than to just let the bathroom flood everytime anyone turns it on.

It's comforting to know we weren't the only ones who struggled with that! I agree there should be a better way - for guest comfort AND for Disney to have less mess and damage to deal with. It was so odd!

No, it won’t impact your requests. Although if you do choose to make room requests during online check-in, you don’t want to pick something that conflicts with whatever you phoned in as you can leave the room assignor not knowing exactly how to best meet your requests.

Personally, I call in my requests and do online check-in, but I leave the room request options blank on online check-in.

Did you just call the reservation line to put in that request?

EDIT - Nevermind! :)

Last edited:
After reading a few comments about the accessible rooms in Hawaii and the showers “flooding” the room, it made me think a bit about my room request for May.

I’ve reserved standard view CL and requested ground floor as my only request. After experiencing the bathroom “flooding” in a Marriott accessible room over the weekend - ugh I don’t want 9 nights of this!

And... I’d really prefer not to have a connecting room. So is there a way to add these additional requests...which I know are requests only? I need to stop reading lol! The more I read the more the “negatives” jump out to me and I want to remain excited:)

This time tomorrow, we will be on our way "HOME" for the first time as Poly DVC members.
Can't wait! Any last minute tips or advice?
Congrats and have fun! We just got back from Poly 10 days ago. I would suggest you take advantage of the free laundry in Morea as a DVC member. It was so nice to go home with clean clothes! Just be aware the soap vending machine only takes credit cards!

After reading a few comments about the accessible rooms in Hawaii and the showers “flooding” the room, it made me think a bit about my room request for May.

I’ve reserved standard view CL and requested ground floor as my only request. After experiencing the bathroom “flooding” in a Marriott accessible room over the weekend - ugh I don’t want 9 nights of this!

And... I’d really prefer not to have a connecting room. So is there a way to add these additional requests...which I know are requests only? I need to stop reading lol! The more I read the more the “negatives” jump out to me and I want to remain excited:)

You can call the regular reservation number or call/email DSS and have the additional requests noted (or you can do both) ;).

Just so you know, there are very few rooms in Hawaii that are 1st floor, non-connecting and non-accessible. Maybe 5 or 6 tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter