Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a wonderful time! I miss the Poly so much!

It would be interesting to do a survey of people that booked a standard view room and recently visited:
1-How did they book their trip (through Disney directly or through a travel agent)?
2-Did they have a discount?
3-If they did any requests, what where those requests?
4-What longhouse did they get?

For us:
1-Booked through a travel agent
2-Had a very good group discount rate
3-Requested #1) 3rd Floor with Balcony, #2) Samoa or Fiji
4-Got Aotearoa 3rd Floor with Balcony facing the monorail (we really liked the room location)

I'm wondering if because we were booked with such a good discount that's why we didn't get Samoa or Fiji with the pool/marina views. The detail of room charges we got had a "Group Code" and a "Group Name" (that I won't put here; travel agency can't be mentioned). I wonder if we had booked through Disney directly and/or paid more for the room if we would have gotten Samoa or Fiji? We've booked with this same travel agent with the same discount for the last 3 (August) trips and we got Fiji the 2 years prior. I'm just curious.

Exact same for us:
2-Had a very good discount rate
3-Requested 3rd Floor with Balcony
4-Got Aotearoa 3rd Floor with Balcony facing monorail

I have a standard view, staying in October. I know all you can do is REQUEST it, but what long house should I request?

I think anywhere at the Poly is great, but our favorite is Samoa. We love it because the views are great and it's centrally located as it's just steps from the GCH, both pools, Captain Cooks, and the beach :).

Yes you can park there on your check in day before your room is ready. The new resort day starts at 6am. You can use any of the resort facilities or go to the parks. I would stop by the front desk even if I did online check in to let them know your there, I think it might increase your chance of getting the room ready text as it seems a lot of people who do online check in never get the text and end up stopping at the desk anyway

:thumbsup2

Checked in this morning with a standard room booked. We requested Samoa ground floor, but got Niue second floor, so we switched to Rarotonga ground floor. I'm thrilled and I love my room and location! :)

Sorry you didn't get Samoa, but glad you are happy with Rarotonga. Have a great time :wizard:.

Thanks! Like you, I can definitely see us getting caught up in the first-time Poly experience and not making it to MK for open, which I'm OK with. We've always gone commando at the parks and only really went to the resort to sleep, but we've only ever stayed at the values. We're already expecting to want to spend much more time at the resort this trip!

The Poly is a great resort for a little down time. Definitely spend some time enjoying it :cloud9:.

We arrive in 11 days and I cannot wait! Haven't stayed at Poly since I was a teenager and I am looking forward to exploring. We made a room request and will see what we get! I really hope we get a King and 3rd floor.

Have a great time! :yay:

I really don't think it matters how you book. I also got a great deal, probably through the same agency you used. It's really just availability when you check in. I know Samoa is popular. I was told I could switch tomorrow if I wanted to, because there was a ground floor Samoa available then. I also met and chatted with someone else using the same same TA as myself. They also booked a standard room and got their request of Third floor Samoa a few days ago when they checked in.

I agree ;).

We also booked through a travel agent with a great deal and are here now. We are three families travelling together, so most important was rooms together, on the first floor (so we can all sit together outside for a drink) and we requested Niue. We were given our rooms together and on the first floor, but are also in Aotearoa facing the monorail. We actually really like the location and are happy with our set up.

Glad they were able to keep everyone together. Hope you're having a great time and enjoying the Poly :wizard:.

Thank you Starwind! Unfortunately we did not have any book or booklet in our room. The only paper we we given at the front desk was the recreation paper with the movie times and a map of the resort. The only literature we had in our room was a bookmark about their mosquito policy and a booklet for in room private dining. None of them had anything additional with them.

Last edited:
Have a wonderful time! I miss the Poly so much!

It would be interesting to do a survey of people that booked a standard view room and recently visited:
1-How did they book their trip (through Disney directly or through a travel agent)?
2-Did they have a discount?
3-If they did any requests, what where those requests?
4-What longhouse did they get?

For us:
2-Had a very good group discount rate
3-Requested #1) 3rd Floor with Balcony, #2) Samoa or Fiji
4-Got Aotearoa 3rd Floor with Balcony facing the monorail (we really liked the room location)

I'm wondering if because we were booked with such a good discount that's why we didn't get Samoa or Fiji with the pool/marina views. The detail of room charges we got had a "Group Code" and a "Group Name" (that I won't put here; travel agency can't be mentioned). I wonder if we had booked through Disney directly and/or paid more for the room if we would have gotten Samoa or Fiji? We've booked with this same travel agent with the same discount for the last 3 (August) trips and we got Fiji the 2 years prior. I'm just curious.

I leave in 5 days and also booked through the TA...for those who submitted requests, how did you submit them? Calling, Touring Plans, or with the TA?

My only request is connecting rooms with my parents. I called the resort Wednesday and had my request noted in our reservations. Curious if they will be able to honor it.

You got some bad information from the front desk. Call 8844 from your room, that is the bounceback extension. Ask them for the details.

IN addition to the number another poster provided, the bounceback offer is often not its own sheet. It is integrated into a booklet about the parks or other information. It will be a page or two in that booklet, often near the beginning or end. So look through all the pages of the "guides" to the parks and other booklets they have provided in the room.

Thank you so much for the number! We didn't have any other literature in our room beside the private dining booklet which I looked at every single page, and a little mosquito info paper. I called the number and it was no problem at all to book. They didn't ask for a code, just my confirmation number on the reservation we currently had. We did the free dining for next August! Made the journey home a little less sad since we chatted what we would do next year! Children were still teary eyed, but excited for next year!

I leave in 5 days and also booked through the TA...for those who submitted requests, how did you submit them? Calling, Touring Plans, or with the TA?

My only request is connecting rooms with my parents. I called the resort Wednesday and had my request noted in our reservations. Curious if they will be able to honor it.
I called. I don't want to chance a fax getting lost or someone else dropping the ball.

I asked for connecting rooms on an upper floor. I also asked if they still do buttons for special occasions, because we are celebrating a special Birthday. The CM was very nice and advised that he made notations on the reservations for room requests and bday. There are still buttons at check-in and they will have one for our birthday guest. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get some pixie dust and our room request is fulfilled. :wizard:

I called. I don't want to chance a fax getting lost or someone else dropping the ball.

I asked for connecting rooms on an upper floor. I also asked if they still do buttons for special occasions, because we are celebrating a special Birthday. The CM was very nice and advised that he made notations on the reservations for room requests and bday. There are still buttons at check-in and they will have one for our birthday guest. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get some pixie dust and our room request is fulfilled. :wizard:

I felt the same as you, didn't want the fax to get lost. Guess I will find out soon enough! Happy to hear about the Birthday buttons, we arrive on DH's Birthday :-)

Does the Poly now also have the mounted H2O products in the bathrooms or is it still the individual travel bottles?

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked a million times...lol

Just returned from week at Poly. Someone recently asked whether there is a make-up mirror in the bathroom. Just want to let you know my room was located on 2nd floor of Rarotonga longhouse facing Oasis pool. And, yes, there was a make-up mirror in bathroom that you could pull out from the wall. Sorry totally forgot to take a photo.

Here now - drove down this past Sat arriving just before 9. No text, but on ride down remembered I could look in the app - was there in the app when I looked around 5.
Yes - it had a button that said room details. In there was the building name & room number.

Hope your requests are met and you have a great trip :wizard:.

Just wanted to mention (in case you weren't aware) that if you called the number associated with the Poly, you didn't actually speak to someone at the resort. The numbers associated with each resort are routed to a call center. They answer as if they are at that particular resort, but the calls go to a call center and not the resort itself.

Hope you have a great time :).

Just returned from week at Poly.

Hope you had a great trip and enjoyed the Poly :goodvibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter