Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, you may know this but just making sure. They only do the campfire on select nights of the week. Per the August activity calender, this month it's Mon-Wed-Fri-Sat. Probably revisionist history on my part but I have in my head that they used to do it every night when we first started going to Poly several years ago. Again, you probably already know that - just making sure. Have fun!

Thank you for the tip! So nice of you to look that up!

I have a room request question:

I know you get to choose one of the options from the drop down menu, but what about these email requests I keep hearing about.

I am thinking of booking a standard view room and I would love to have a view of the monorail. Is that something I would email separately and hope for the best?

Also, FYI if you have booked with the specific travel agency that a lot of people book with on these boards you will have to notify your agent for room requests. I didn't want to bug my TA since we are checking in on Sunday and got shot down by Disney. TA got it in no problem though!

Beautiful shots! Do you remember where these two shots are from (I don't know why the flickr link isn't showing as the actual picture)? I'm a sucker waterfalls like this and definitely want to get a couples pictures of these!
Yes is at the front of the resort right before you go into the lobby.

Are the majority of you finding you are getting your room texts before you arrive?
We should be arriving at the hotel by 11:30 if all goes well. Just wondering if we will get our room number before that! :)
I did not get a text.

Early May, 2018 shows rack rates of
$562/night standard view
$635/night pool marina view

Standard room view description continues to include view of pool/marina (as of this afternoon).

This afternoon, Disney website allows selection of the pool/marina view category.

Thanks! I looked at our trip dates this October and nothing is available. At all. If they are releasing rooms at that rate for October (and other previously booked trips) I feel that they should at least send an email to those already booked with a standard view who won't know about the new category. Just to give them the chance to upgrade if they so choose, because it wasn't a category when we all booked.

Also, FYI if you have booked with the specific travel agency that a lot of people book with on these boards you will have to notify your agent for room requests. I didn't want to bug my TA since we are checking in on Sunday and got shot down by Disney. TA got it in no problem though!
I usually just do everything myself but that is good to know! Thank you :)

Here now - drove down this past Sat arriving just before 9. No text, but on ride down remembered I could look in the app - was there in the app when I looked around 5.

I know I only come here to ask alcohol related questions BUT has anyone ever successfully ordered a Lapu Lapu with their breakfast at Ohana?

Here now - drove down this past Sat arriving just before 9. No text, but on ride down remembered I could look in the app - was there in the app when I looked around 5.

Will your room number show up in the MDE app?

Checking in tomorrow! :banana:

Have a great time! :yay: :yay:

Early May, 2018 shows rack rates of
$562/night standard view
$635/night pool marina view

Standard room view description continues to include view of pool/marina (as of this afternoon).

This afternoon, Disney website allows selection of the pool/marina view category.

Thanks for posting this :flower3:.

Hope you're having a great time :jumping1:

Looking for December APH rates and see the Pool or Marina View selection for the first time. No rate available.

I just checked our dates (early Dec 2017) and they have added the Pool/Marina view. No prices as there is no availability at all at the resort.

SW

Thanks! I looked at our trip dates this October and nothing is available. At all. If they are releasing rooms at that rate for October (and other previously booked trips) I feel that they should at least send an email to those already booked with a standard view who won't know about the new category. Just to give them the chance to upgrade if they so choose, because it wasn't a category when we all booked.

If there is no availability at all for your dates, there wouldn't be any rooms for you to upgrade to.

If there is no availability at all for your dates, there wouldn't be any rooms for you to upgrade to.

There was no availability before they added this new category. I'm saying they should let people already booked at standard know it's now available for their dates in case they'd like to upgrade to that view - giving them the opportunity to have a pool/marina view for certain. Otherwise what is the point in now telling people they can't have their room request met because they didn't book that category if they aren't offering them that category?

Say all standard views are booked for October - which they are. All of us going should have received an email letting us know they added a new category. If we pay whatever amount more, we can get a guaranteed pool/marina view. Then anyone who wants to upgrade can, until those views run out. At that point, no complaining if you don't get the view you want, you got what you paid for. Fair is fair.

I would assume if they didn't do that, standard would still be getting marina/pool views, but we keep getting reports of people being told they didn't book that category when trying to get their room requests.

Last edited:
There was no availability before they added this new category. I'm saying they should let people already booked at standard know it's now available for their dates in case they'd like to upgrade to that view - giving them the opportunity to have a pool/marina view for certain. Otherwise what is the point in now telling people they can't have their room request met because they didn't book that category if they aren't offering them that category?

Say all standard views are booked for October - which they are. All of us going should have received an email letting us know they added a new category. If we pay whatever amount more, we can get a guaranteed pool/marina view. Then anyone who wants to upgrade can, until those views run out. At that point, no complaining if you don't get the view you want, you got what you paid for. Fair is fair.

I would assume if they didn't do that, standard would still be getting marina/pool views, but we keep getting reports of people being told they didn't book that category when trying to get their room requests.
If the resort has been fully booked before they added the pool/marina category which was fairly recent, then few to none of the bookings should have the new room types on them.

It's possible that the people being told that they haven't booked the correct room type are just receiving bad information from the front desk. With the resort being so full as of late, it might be hard for the rooms controller to fulfill room requests.

...buy yet again. Who knows?

I know I only come here to ask alcohol related questions BUT has anyone ever successfully ordered a Lapu Lapu with their breakfast at Ohana?

Lol - never had breakfast at Ohana before, buy I like your style ! I know that I once ordered a glass of Caymus Cabernet and a bagel from the stand near the monorail station on my way into the Magic Kingdom one morning.

One way or another, I think they booked everything at Standard for October. Some of those who booked Standard will find themselves in Samoa and Fiji.

Those who don't, though, are likely to be told "full up, sorry" and/or "different room category" if they complain about their room assignment.

I would expect this ongoing through year-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter