Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, so I guess I shouldn't even try to fight it :teeth:

Nope :laughing:

4 days until my birthday Polynesian stay-cation!!!
Only 1 park day (on my birthday) the other 3 days will be spent lounging by the pool and drinking :drinking1
Doesn't get much better!!

Sounds like a nice, relaxing birthday trip.....enjoy :cloud9:.

Just a quick update from my split WLV and Poly 14 day stay..... Just transferred into the Poly and got placed (as requested) in the Samoa Building. We used Touring plans 'fax' service to request the rooms at both places and have been extremely happy with the results! We are 2nd floor overlooking the smaller of the 2 pools in a great location. I'll update with some pictures. As per my other posts in the WLV thread, if anyone has any questions or requests let me know!

Glad your request was met. We stayed in Samoa and loved it! Have a great time :wizard:.

The rooms are HUGE relatively speaking. An ECV fits no problem in a normal room.

We have put an ECV in w Wilderness Lodge room, which are small for deluxe resort rooms. And also in an Art of Animation Little Mermaid room. THOSE rooms were small, but still fit an ECV (with a bit of creativity).

SW
Great! Thank you for the info

How crowded is the first boat to the Magic Kingdom in the morning? Seems like it arrives around 8:30a for a 9:00a pro opening? Thanks!

Have they already done this? I have standard booked for next week and requested Samoa or Fiji?
Realistically speaking, they will have to assign Standard bookings to Fiji and Samoa for a while, but the preponderance of those requests is also why they're reclassifying.

I have a couple questions. I did ask these before I believe. With reading to many different things and a hectic life lately has made my memory bad, sorry.
Anyway is there still buses to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon from the Poly?

I have a couple questions. I did ask these before I believe. With reading to many different things and a hectic life lately has made my memory bad, sorry.
Anyway is there still buses to Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon from the Poly?

There is a bus from Poly to DS (usually stops at GF after Poly, then on to DS). To get to TL, you have to take the bus to DS then transfer to another bus from DS to TL, same in reverse (not to be negative, but this setup stinks IMHO).

Hope that helps.

There is a bus from Poly to DS (usually stops at GF after Poly, then on to DS). To get to TL, you have to take the bus to DS then transfer to another bus from DS to TL, same in reverse (not to be negative, but this setup stinks IMHO).

Hope that helps.
Aww yes now I remember. Yes maybe we will take Uber to and from TL. It does stink.
How long do you think it takes to get from the Poly to DS?

Hope that helps.

I should say, we took a cab to TL in the AM and then took the transfer bus back. Unless they constantly are changing the stops at Disney Springs, the drop off for TL is actually very close to the Poly's bus stop and the transfer was actually very painless and quick. The cabs at the Poly sit just to the left when you walk straight out of the Poly's lobby. It was just over $20.00 with a 20% tip.

So I'm officially booked at the Poly for December 17th of this year! I'm beyond excited!

Im new to the Disney Expierence in a way so I feel really honored to be staying at the Polynesian Resort with all its history. Can anyone recommend any tips to a first timer? Top Resturaunts or experiences? Requests for a standard room? Ways of getting around

So I'm officially booked at the Poly for December 17th of this year! I'm beyond excited!

Im new to the Disney Expierence in a way so I feel really honored to be staying at the Polynesian Resort with all its history. Can anyone recommend any tips to a first timer? Top Resturaunts or experiences? Requests for a standard room? Ways of getting around

I would definitely at least have one drink inside of Trader Sam's. I really wasn't expecting what I saw! It was really cool! We ordered the Uh-Oa (sp?) and the show that goes along with it is very fun. And have the Ohana Twilight Feast via room service at least once. It's a lot of food for one person and sharing is ok. ;) Ohana was always a must do for me but I've replaced it with the Twilight Feast. And if you can make a reservation for Kona breakfast one day, the Tonga toast is very good and a Poly must for me. That and the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes, also at Kona. There's so much to love about the Poly! Swimming in the pool while watching the fireworks, marshmallow roasting with a view of the castle, watching the electrical water pageant, the food, the theme, it's all amazing! You're going to have a blast!

I would definitely at least have one drink inside of Trader Sam's. I really wasn't expecting what I saw! It was really cool! We ordered the Uh-Oa (sp?) and the show that goes along with it is very fun. And have the Ohana Twilight Feast via room service at least once. It's a lot of food for one person and sharing is ok. ;) Ohana was always a must do for me but I've replaced it with the Twilight Feast. And if you can make a reservation for Kona breakfast one day, the Tonga toast is very good and a Poly must for me. That and the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes, also at Kona. There's so much to love about the Poly! Swimming in the pool while watching the fireworks, marshmallow roasting with a view of the castle, watching the electrical water pageant, the food, the theme, it's all amazing! You're going to have a blast!

What is the Twilight Feast??

can't wait to get home in Sept 2018! Stayed in Tahiti on our honeymoon with a castle view. loved it. Now so happy to have bought into Poly DVC!

Congrats on your Poly DVC purchase! Enjoy the planning for your trip :wizard:.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! For a room request, we love Samoa. It's centrally located so it's just steps from both pools, GCH, Captain Cooks, and the beach. There are so many things to love about the Poly, but I especially love walking around at night under the lit tiki torches, as well as sitting on the beach watching the fireworks. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

There's so much to love about the Poly! Swimming in the pool while watching the fireworks, marshmallow roasting with a view of the castle, watching the electrical water pageant, the food, the theme, it's all amazing! You're going to have a blast!

:thumbsup2

It's the Ohana dinner, just through room service. I haven't personally done it but people rave about the food, quality, and portion sizes. Plus no ADR stalking!

Does anyone know what the cost is? I'd like to add this to my "to do" list for our September Poly trip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter