Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at Poly in early July!! Since we are driving and will have our car, I'm planning to just drive to Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Does anyone know how long this will take? Never driven on property and have no concept of traffic, parking lots, etc. Planning rope drop for those days to do Pandora rides at AK and Jedi Training at DHS....so how early do we need to leave the poly to get to the parks by 8:15-8:30???

We just stayed there a few weeks ago and it was heaven! We also used cabs instead of the buses to get to AK and HS and while it was still a 10-15 minute drive, it wasn't nearly as bad as the buses. I would leave at least 30min before you want to be IN the park. It will be a 10-15 minute drive, and then parking, and then walking. If I was super cautious I would leave 45 min beforehand.

Oasis Pool Cabanas/Patios ~ The middle structure looks taller in pictures than the other two on each side of it...but is it larger with more furniture? Is there a difference in the amount of shade provided?

The middle one is a slightly larger structure and is taller, particularly the front portion that faces the pool. I don't "think" the furniture is any different but I can't quite tell from my photos. I'm going to Poly this weekend and will look to confirm.

I can't speak specifically to the sun/shade patterns but I suspect that middle one gets slightly less shaded square footage during certain parts of the day to the high/arched roof. But I'm just guessing at this.

I don't "think" the furniture is any different but I can't quite tell from my photos. I'm going to Poly this weekend and will look to confirm.

Thank you that would be helpful! We will have a baby with us next May and hoping to catch as much shade as possible when she sleeps. I know sometimes the shadow/shade is actually cast outside of the structure which we'll deal with.

Hi! We are getting ready for our first stay at the Poly over 4th of July week. We have only had breakfast at O'Hana and loved it, but have reservations for dinner this year. Has anyone been to O'Hana for dinner recently? It looks like they changed the menu from when I made the reservation - no more chicken or shrimp? The website says "your feast of sausage, beef, turkey and pork..." Is this a new menu? My one daughter doesn't eat meat, and the other only eats chicken and shrimp. We may need to rethink this reservation... Any help is appreciated!

Hi! We are getting ready for our first stay at the Poly over 4th of July week. We have only had breakfast at O'Hana and loved it, but have reservations for dinner this year. Has anyone been to O'Hana for dinner recently? It looks like they changed the menu from when I made the reservation - no more chicken or shrimp? The website says "your feast of sausage, beef, turkey and pork..." Is this a new menu? My one daughter doesn't eat meat, and the other only eats chicken and shrimp. We may need to rethink this reservation... Any help is appreciated!

Not sure where you are seeing this. The disney website says chicken, steak and shrimp are the skewers, and you still get the dumplings, wings, veggies and noodles. Now I'm hungry!!!

Not sure where you are seeing this. The disney website says chicken, steak and shrimp are the skewers, and you still get the dumplings, wings, veggies and noodles. Now I'm hungry!!!

Hmmm.. on the DVC site under the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows it says the other items I mentioned. That seems strange to me. Maybe I should call? I'd hate to get there and my daughters not be able to eat anything but veggies and noodles...

Hmmm.. on the DVC site under the Polynesian Villas & Bungalows it says the other items I mentioned. That seems strange to me. Maybe I should call? I'd hate to get there and my daughters not be able to eat anything but veggies and noodles...
I do know they got rid of the chicken for a while, but it's since come back. Not sure what replaced it, but maybe be you are just seeing outdated info?

Aloha!
My BF and I had the pleasure of staying at the Poly this past January for 5 wonderful nights in a deluxe DVC studio. I've been dying to return and have finally convinced him to let me book us trip back for my birthday in August :flower:
I'm an AP, so the current summer offer would allow us to stay either TPV (non club level) or GV club level for the same price. We are planning on a "staycation", just 3 nights/4 days of hanging around our favorite resort (no planned park days). Which room category would you choose??

TPV (non club level) or GV club level for the same price

I would stay GV CL in a minute, especially since you don't plan on any park days and just want to enjoy the resort. You can always walk around the building to the beach side to enjoy the view of the castle. Having the lounge breakfast, snacks and beverages included would be worth way more to me than the pretty view out the window. Plus I think the non-TPV in Hawaii is pretty nice - no parking lots to look at.

Staying at the Poly for the first time before our cruise this October! Beyond excited!!! Just joined touringplans the other day and didn't know about the room views. That's really cool to see a picture of the view from lots of different rooms!

Hope you have a great trip! :wizard:

So excited, the rest our our trip just opened up this morning, so no more split stay, we will be back at poly for 11 nights. I have one happy bunch this morning.

Glad you were able to get all 11 nights at the Poly :).

Hi! We are getting ready for our first stay at the Poly over 4th of July week.

Congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay. The Poly is amazing, you're going to love it! :goodvibes

Checking in TOMORROW for 8 nights!! Can't wait!

Have a great time! :jumping1:

I would stay GV CL in a minute, especially since you don't plan on any park days and just want to enjoy the resort. You can always walk around the building to the beach side to enjoy the view of the castle. Having the lounge breakfast, snacks and beverages included would be worth way more to me than the pretty view out the window. Plus I think the non-TPV in Hawaii is pretty nice - no parking lots to look at.

I'd also go with GV CL :thumbsup2.

For anyone at Poly last night, how were the new fireworks? Could you see a lot and could you hear the music. Just 3 weeks until we are watching from the beach or CL Lounge in Hawaii.

For anyone at Poly last night, how were the new fireworks? Could you see a lot and could you hear the music. Just 3 weeks until we are watching from the beach or CL Lounge in Hawaii.

I will give a better report when I get back, but here are some pics from a second floor TPV room a few doors down from the lounge. I was worried, but I thought the viewing from here was great, just as good as always. Maybe a couple of spots in between transitions where seeing the castle projections would enhance the experience, but viewing from here is still a perfectly valid way to enjoy the show in my opinion. There was a TON of pyro.

The volume on the beach is still too low, but that's been going on awhile. The volume from a TPV room was OK, could have been a touch louder for a better experience. I poked my head in the lounge half-way through and the volume seemed fine in there.

Sorry for the quick report.

IMG_9029.JPG IMG_9035.JPG IMG_9040.JPG IMG_9138.JPG IMG_9218.JPG

No reason to call. The current menu is bread, salad, noodles, wings, potstickers, vegetables, chicken, shrimp, steak and the amazing dessert!
Ohana really isn't a great value for vegetarians in general.

Was just there last week and can report there was both chicken and shrimp.

I will give a better report when I get back, but here are some pics from a second floor TPV room a few doors down from the lounge. I was worried, but I thought the viewing from here was great, just as good as always. Maybe a couple of spots in between transitions where seeing the castle projections would enhance the experience, but viewing from here is still a perfectly valid way to enjoy the show in my opinion. There was a TON of pyro.

The volume on the beach is still too low, but that's been going on awhile. The volume from a TPV room was OK, could have been a touch louder for a better experience. I poked my head in the lounge half-way through and the volume seemed fine in there.

Sorry for the quick report.

View attachment 236981 View attachment 236982 View attachment 236983 View attachment 236984 View attachment 236985
Thank you so much. It still looks amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter