• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have just decided to book the Poly for our trip next August. It will be our first stay at the Poly and we are all really looking forward to it. We have visited and had dinner and breakfast on property and really liked the atmosphere there. With an agency deal, it was too hard to pass up staying there for our next trip.

We just booked our Poly trip for next August also. Our first Poly stay was this past August and we had a great time.

We have just decided to book the Poly for our trip next August. It will be our first stay at the Poly and we are all really looking forward to it. We have visited and had dinner and breakfast on property and really liked the atmosphere there. With an agency deal, it was too hard to pass up staying there for our next trip.
We just booked our first stay at the Poly for August also! We stayed at the Beach Club last August and loved the location, but the price for Poly was so good we had to go for it. We've done dinner there, too and always hoped to stay there one day.

Room request question:
I am renting DVC points for my stay this January, is there any way to note a room request without actually doing online checkin? I prefer to physically check in at the desk. I usually use touring plans but I remember reading that those requests aren't usually granted for DVC rooms.
Thanks in advance :goodvibes

Room request question:
I am renting DVC points for my stay this January, is there any way to note a room request without actually doing online checkin? I prefer to physically check in at the desk. I usually use touring plans but I remember reading that those requests aren't usually granted for DVC rooms.
Thanks in advance :goodvibes
The DVC member you have rented from needs to place the request via DVC Member Services.

I believe it was GADisneyDad that posted the awesome CL TPV view pics with a particular room number, but I searched and can't find that post. I'm way ahead of our stay but want to make a note somewhere of what room number that was. =)

During our Thanksgiving stay we had to unexpectedly take the boat launch to MK and walk back to the CR since the monorail was down and we just missed one boat, but a few minutes later another one came along and they seemed to be headed in different directions. Is there a place to look-up what boats service the Poly and where they go? TIA

The Poly boat launch is a different dock. There is one dock with a boat that serves GF and Poly.

When we were there we only saw one dock to the right of the lava pool. We know there's a boat that picks up at the GF, then Poly then MK. Was just wondering if there was a separate boat that went direct from the Poly to the MK.

When we were there we only saw one dock to the right of the lava pool. We know there's a boat that picks up at the GF, then Poly then MK. Was just wondering if there was a separate boat that went direct from the Poly to the MK.
Nope.

I was discussing the docks at MK.

At Poly, there is one dock, one boat. It's not like the flag launches at WL and CR. One boat. On the way out it goes Poly, GF, MK, and reverses that from MK, stopping at GF first.

Nope.

I was discussing the docks at MK.

At Poly, there is one dock, one boat. It's not like the flag launches at WL and CR. One boat. On the way out it goes Poly, GF, MK, and reverses that from MK, stopping at GF first.

Thank you! Guess our other alternative is to walk to TTC and catch that bigger boat there, although it looks like its a pretty slow mover.

Just booked a trip for June 2017! The DVC studio room was actually cheaper than a non-DVC standard room so we booked that. Crossing fingers for a discount down the road though! i have a quick question though - how comfortable / or uncomfortable is the pull out sofa in the DVC studios? Can anyone who has slept on it give your opinions please?

I slept a couple of nights on the pull out, and in my opinion, it was fine. Firmer than the regular bed, and wouldn't be my first choice, but not at all your typical bad sofa bed (no bar in your back, etc.). I had a good night's sleep in it.

So this may be an odd question considering the season but I'm planning my trip for next summer and I have a pool question.

Will lifeguards allow use of pool noodles in the main pool at the Polynesian? We stayed at the Grand Floridian this past summer and didn't have an issue using the noodles (also used them when we stayed at BWI and BC) but I know the pool at the Polynesian seems much busier and I thought maybe noodles wouldn't be allowed because of how full the pool stays. I need the noodle in the pool and cannot get in the pool without it, I'm in a wheelchair I've found the best way for me to use a pool is to float around with a pool noodle. I know you can wear life vests in the pools but honestly I don't want to do that as vain as that may be, but the noodle will hold me up so my feet/legs don't scrap the bottom of the pool as I lounge around. It's okay if it's against the rules at the Polynesian I'd just like to know before we go so I can be prepared wither way.

Thanks for any info about this I appreciate it!

Will lifeguards allow use of pool noodles in the main pool at the Polynesian? We stayed at the Grand Floridian this past summer and didn't have an issue using the noodles (also used them when we stayed at BWI and BC) but I know the pool at the Polynesian seems much busier and I thought maybe noodles wouldn't be allowed because of how full the pool stays.

Anecdote: They were permitting them in October, but only well away from the slide exit, and they did ask some people to stop using them because of the ways they were using them. (No using them to bonk people.)

If what you want is to lounge, though, I would suggest the Oasis pool. It is much better as a "lounge and float" pool.

So this may be an odd question considering the season but I'm planning my trip for next summer and I have a pool question.

Will lifeguards allow use of pool noodles in the main pool at the Polynesian? We stayed at the Grand Floridian this past summer and didn't have an issue using the noodles (also used them when we stayed at BWI and BC) but I know the pool at the Polynesian seems much busier and I thought maybe noodles wouldn't be allowed because of how full the pool stays. I need the noodle in the pool and cannot get in the pool without it, I'm in a wheelchair I've found the best way for me to use a pool is to float around with a pool noodle. I know you can wear life vests in the pools but honestly I don't want to do that as vain as that may be, but the noodle will hold me up so my feet/legs don't scrap the bottom of the pool as I lounge around. It's okay if it's against the rules at the Polynesian I'd just like to know before we go so I can be prepared wither way.

Thanks for any info about this I appreciate it!

You should be good, I've seen them used before. If for some reason they are not allowing them in the main pool given crowds or some other reason, the Oasis Pool is a great option as @_auroraborealis_ suggests. No lifeguards there and it's typically more chill. FYI, both pools have zero entry points if that is of any help.

HI! Me and DS7 will be staying at the Poly for the first time next week. How kid friendly are the Tambo Lounge and Trader Sam's? Is it okay to pop in to either early in the day with him for just a quick drink/appetizer?

HI! Me and DS7 will be staying at the Poly for the first time next week. How kid friendly are the Tambo Lounge and Trader Sam's? Is it okay to pop in to either early in the day with him for just a quick drink/appetizer?

You'll be fine in either. The inside of Trader Sam's does become 21+ after 8PM but kids can be on the outside Tiki Terrace part.

You say "earlier in the day" - note Trader Sam's opens at 4pm.

My son is just a bit younger than yours, we love going to the inside part of Trader Sam's.

Have fun!

You'll be fine in either. The inside of Trader Sam's does become 21+ after 8PM but kids can be on the outside Tiki Terrace part.

You say "earlier in the day" - note Trader Sam's opens at 4pm.

My son is just a bit younger than yours, we love going to the inside part of Trader Sam's.

Have fun!

Great thank you!!

If I have a breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest prior to the Magic Kingdom opening, what is the best way to get there from the Poly? We had been hoping to take the boat over, but it sounds like it may not be running early enough from what I've read. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter