Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!! Universal first then to the POLY!!! :banana::banana::banana::jumping1:

Hope you're having a great time! :cool1::cool1:

The Bungalows are beautiful. That said..... The portable air conditioner that they put in the Master Bedroom to help with heat issue works great! However, It is placed in what used to be the door going out to the patio from the Master Bedroom and It's loud. It didn't bother us too much but for what we pay (points) there should be a quieter solution. The Master bedroom windows were dirty. We did get daily housekeeping. I had asked at the front desk and they were vague about it but they did show up daily. There should be a rug or Mat just inside the slider going out to the deck. We were in the plunge pool (LOVE IT) and it started pouring down rain. There is a mat outside but not inside and it was very slippery after coming in from the wet deck. They don't or didn't provided pool or extra towels for the plunge pool. I called and they wanted to charge me for extra towels, because they said we should use the towels in the bathrooms, I told them we weren't going to use the same towels for the pool. They said okay and sent additional towels. I suggest you ask for additional towels when checking in or see if you can get pool towels from the pool.

The lighting, in my opinion, in both the Master bath and bedroom is too dark even at it's highest. I do like the blackout shades on all the windows.

The TV in the master bath mirror is so cool - there's even a waterproof remote for it.

I highly recommend ordering the Ohana Hawaiian- style feast for room service.

It was delicious. We called dining late morning and ordered it for 6:30pm. They actually recommend we order for 3 instead of 4, we are glad we did because we had a lot of leftovers. Which we brought home, since we are locals (couples staycation).

The view of the fireworks and boat parade are unsurpassed. There is a knob on the wall outside to turn up to hear the music. We could even see Tinker Bell flying form Cinderella's Castle.

We throughly enjoyed our stay and despite the few issues I listed will book the Bungalows again, hopefully everything I listed will be either improved or fixed.

Every cast member we encountered were friendly and professional.

Thanks for your review of the bungalows :).

Can't wait.. single digits... :yay:

:jumping1:

Your trip will be here before you know it! :goodvibes.

Just Booked the Poly for April 2017! AHHHHH! So excited!

How exciting! :yay:

Happy planning :wizard:.

View attachment 193593 we ordered the twilight feast for one last weekend, and i just wanted to share a pic of all. the. food. we had a ton of leftovers.

a couple notes - we subbed out the shrimp for more of the other meat, and the veggies are under the potstickers.

That's alot of food! Thanks for sharing about the twilight feast ;).

Oh man... was making great time on our drive, and then the second we hit just past downtown Orlando nothing but traffic. Typical.

Had a lovely first day here! Looking forward to trying out that rain shower when we get back to our room. We are at Epcot, but have to say I am VERY disappointed that the monorail isn't running at park close. Instead they are bussing us to the TTC...and the bus line was backed up from the bus stop all the way back to the park entrance. Unacceptable.

It looks like the Poly's sinks are inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower. Is this true of all the standard rooms/longhouses? Do any longhouses have them outside of the bathroom?

It looks like the Poly's sinks are inside the bathroom with the toilet and shower. Is this true of all the standard rooms/longhouses? Do any longhouses have them outside of the bathroom?
We've only ever stayed in Fiji but I'm almost positive the layout is the same in all longhouses.

Got a great room in Tokelau! First floor facing the gardens. Very peaceful. Rooms are big and we'll appointed. Clean and in great shape. They honored our request of adjoining rooms, so we've kept the connecting door open so we have a big "suite"! At MK now...heading back for the pool after lunch at Skippers Canteen.

Got a great room in Tokelau! First floor facing the gardens. Very peaceful. Rooms are big and we'll appointed. Clean and in great shape. They honored our request of adjoining rooms, so we've kept the connecting door open so we have a big "suite"! At MK now...heading back for the pool after lunch at Skippers Canteen.
Yay! Your rooms sound perfect. Any construction/refurbishment going on around the resort?
Enjoy MK today and please tell us how you liked Skippers Canteen

So, we are complete Poly "newbies". We have reservations for a Standard View room, beyond that I have no idea what to request for the room. One of my sons thinks it would be cool to watch the monorail, but with that view do you also get the parking lot? I think that we would like to be close to the TTC and the bus stop (maybe, I really have no idea!)

We just got back from staying in Raratonga. We had a view of the monorail. We could see the parking lot but it was in the far distance. The monorail blocks most of the parking lot views. The view was beautiful and lush. The location was awesome!!! Just steps away from the GCH out one end of the building and only a little bit further from the bus stop out of the other end of the building.

Yay! Your rooms sound perfect. Any construction/refurbishment going on around the resort?
Enjoy MK today and please tell us how you liked Skippers Canteen

Skippers was fantastic. Lots of flavor. Our skip was awesome! So funny and playful. Rode a bunch of rides and now we are heading back to the Poly for a midday swim break!

I've been reading to prepare for our upcoming trip, so excited to get back to the Poly and we are staying CL GV this time. We are taking my SIL and family along with us. My SIL knows we are going to the Poly but not the CL part. My nephews (10 & 8) have not idea

I put in a request for 1st floor rooms that are next to or near one another since I was thinking that we could send the kids out the patio door to meet up with each other.

I am assuming there is something that divides one patio from the next. Can you walk straight out the door and get to common area. Is it grass? Does foot traffic pass by?

Thanks for any info.

Yes you can. FWIW my family had three adjoining first floor rooms in Nieu. kids loved it (so did grandparents!) as they walked outside sliding door to each other and our room. Wall separates and sitting on patio watching them was great. Loved that building as Oasis pool right outside and GCH just short walk. Enjoy

Thanks, Pepa Noel, so much for the quick reply! I now feel like I have everything but packing done. I can't wait to go!!

Darn it. Had been looking forward to watching the Hallowishes fireworks from the Poly beach ever since we booked 7 months ago. Tonight we waited out on the beach with the crowd...no sound. What a disappointment. On the plus side, the 360 finale looked stunning from that vantage point.

Those who are familiar, was the lack of sound a glitch or is that normal? I asked here up thread before we left home and I thought someone answered that there was music on the beach.

Darn it. Had been looking forward to watching the Hallowishes fireworks from the Poly beach ever since we booked 7 months ago. Tonight we waited out on the beach with the crowd...no sound. What a disappointment. On the plus side, the 360 finale looked stunning from that vantage point.

Those who are familiar, was the lack of sound a glitch or is that normal? I asked here up thread before we left home and I thought someone answered that there was music on the beach.
There was sound last night as I was walking back to my room, and every night that we watched the last 10 days. The only thing I can think of is they were Hallowishes from the party tonight, so maybe they didn't have that music??

There was sound last night as I was walking back to my room, and every night that we watched the last 10 days. The only thing I can think of is they were Hallowishes from the party tonight, so maybe they didn't have that music??
It was odd...but I figured it was because it was Hallowishes. We were right near Hawaii and I could barely make out that they had music in the lounge.

For those that have stayed in the DVC Studio at Polynesian, has anyone done it with a family of 5? (We have 2 adults, 5,11,13) Comfortable or too cramped? We don't spend load of time in the room, usually get a 1 bedroom but have always wanted to stay at the Polynesian. Thanks!

We definitely had music on the beach in July, but I've heard reports that sometimes some speakers work better than others. What a bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter