Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick check in from the Poly!

Just wanted to confirm that the beach was definitely open to watch the EWP and Wishes last night. We did not encounter any CMs checking bands, but we also entered from the pool. No one really hung around after, but CMs were there ushering us off as soon as the fireworks ended.

Hot tub was working yesterday, and pool was surprisingly empty. But it was also pretty dreary and drizzly - I'm sure things will change today!

Was someone asking about water? Cases are available in the upstairs gift shop for $6.99. And the little tiki statute is back in stock downstairs (he was sold out when we were here in December).

Here till Tuesday, so if there's anything anyone would like me to check on, just let me know!

Hello to your family from ours at Poly! We sat on our patio during wishes and also noticed all the people on the beach. Most didn't linger much in the Hawaii area, but some stayed until quite late. It will be very interesting to see how Poly handles tonight and tomorrow night. There was marshmallow roasting going on. Movie was up in the grass. Earlier we got off boat at GF to hit the health club and noticed lots of inactivity at the beach pool and signs were up saying "Beach Closed," so I definitely think that is enforced at GF as I noticed CMs monitoring the area.

Hello to your family from ours at Poly! We sat on our patio during wishes and also noticed all the people on the beach. Most didn't linger much in the Hawaii area, but some stayed until quite late. It will be very interesting to see how Poly handles tonight and tomorrow night. There was marshmallow roasting going on. Movie was up in the grass. Earlier we got off boat at GF to hit the health club and noticed lots of inactivity at the beach pool and signs were up saying "Beach Closed," so I definitely think that is enforced at GF as I noticed CMs monitoring the area.
So happy to know marshmallows are still being roasted! Thanks! :)

Last edited:

I hope it was this thread someone was hoping for a bathroom tile pic..? I'm on my phone at present so searching hasn't been fruitful... :( Is she is here and it's not quite right I can try again..!

Thank you so much :flower3: It was @AThrillingChase who originally asked :)

Thanks so much guys!! And @JeninTexas too - I got some great options, so now I just have to crop appropriately and have them made into vinyl wall cling photos to recreate the wallpaper (because my Aunt informed me those actually exist!) I will definitely post photos when the bathroom is all done!

Thanks again :flower1:

Thanks so much guys!! And @JeninTexas too - I got some great options, so now I just have to crop appropriately and have them made into vinyl wall cling photos to recreate the wallpaper (because my Aunt informed me those actually exist!) I will definitely post photos when the bathroom is all done!

Looking forward to seeing your finished product. Very exciting!

BTW, they were handing out wristbands and checking reservations at the pool today.

:thumbsup2

Quick check in from the Poly!

Just wanted to confirm that the beach was definitely open to watch the EWP and Wishes last night. We did not encounter any CMs checking bands, but we also entered from the pool. No one really hung around after, but CMs were there ushering us off as soon as the fireworks ended.

Hot tub was working yesterday, and pool was surprisingly empty. But it was also pretty dreary and drizzly - I'm sure things will change today!

Was someone asking about water? Cases are available in the upstairs gift shop for $6.99. And the little tiki statute is back in stock downstairs (he was sold out when we were here in December).

Here till Tuesday, so if there's anything anyone would like me to check on, just let me know!

Thank you!

I have a vinyl cutting machine and a tracer if you want me to help out!

We are at the pool now and the scanners aren't working cause it's so hot out, so the CMs are walking around with a list and crossing off names when wristbands are handed out. As I look around, I see very few wristbands. Maybe people just don't wear them....

BTW, they were handing out wristbands and checking reservations at the pool today.
I wish they'd do this all the time. When we were there last year I saw several families in the pool that weren't staying at Poly, some were locals deciding to enjoy the pool before dinner ADR :mad:

here now sitting in our LV Hawaii room watching all the people accumulating on the beach. We saw a kid playing near the fence and a CM had to go tell him and the parents to move away. Otherwise kids and people are freely on the beach. We just now saw a CM approach people sitting in the grass here in front of Hawaii and say something to them and they all stood up and Left. So far so good
image.jpg

here now sitting in our LV Hawaii room watching all the people accumulating on the beach. We saw a kid playing near the fence and a CM had to go tell him and the parents to move away. Otherwise kids and people are freely on the beach. We just now saw a CM approach people sitting in the grass here in front of Hawaii and say something to them and they all stood up and Left. So far so good
View attachment 179156
The arificial turf area is PACKED. I don't see them checking anyone so far. The good spots in the lounge were taken also when we went up at 10 to 9 - I'm not sure how early we'd have needed to come up to get a front row spot.

Last edited:
The arificial turf area is PACKED. I don't see them checking anyone so far. The good spots in the lounge were taken also when we went up at 10 to 9 - I'm not sure how early we'd have needed to come up to get a front row spot.

Tomorrow there should be a roped off area on the beach for CL guests. Check that out if you want to view outside. Did you check the beach area tonight? There were a lot of people but still spots to sit.

We watched from the pool. Went down around 8 and we were able to get four seats at the back side of the pool (near the splash pad). Me and two of my daughters watched the fireworks while swimming. We could see the vast majority of the fireworks. Just couldn't see the train station, castle, or anything that was 'low'. Wife and other daughter watched from the seats and had a good view. I didn't see them checking anyone at the pool but I thought it was pretty nice that we could get seats that easily and the pool wasn't overly packed.

And, for a bonus, I saw Pete, Ryno, and Oliver as we were heading back to our room.

I have a room (building) request question. We are going early Sept and hope to have connecting rooms. It will be dh & I, our 4 kids and my aunt and uncle. So, 8 people total. We really want each room to have two queens. BUT we were also hoping for a room in Fiji. After looking on Tikiman's page, it looks like Fiji does not have any queen/queen connecting rooms. Does anyone know if that is accurate? Every connecting room seems to be a king/queen set-up. If we cannot get queen/queen connecting rooms, I need some recs on which building to choose. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter