• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying there in sept with DH and DD age 4. Think best to be near transportation. Which longhouse would you recommend? Thanks

We stayed in Rarotonga and I can't imagine anything more convenient. We walked out one side of the building and practically out the door was the bus stop. Go out the door on the other side and you literally step into the GCH for the monorail. Can't beat it. Also super easy to walk to TTC. We had a monorail facing room and that just made my daughter's trip.

We just booked the POLY!! It's our first deluxe stay and have always wanted to stay here. Just got a deal too good to pass up. I'm so excited to stay here, I spent all day yesterday going through the pics and info on this thread. There's so much info here- answered all my questions ( for now) I was always the person saying that I'd never stay anywhere but value....until I tried moderate. I'm so afraid after staying here, I will never go anywhere else. :rotfl: Not only our first deluxe stay but also our first in a long time without the dining plan, which is a wonderful thing too. Be prepared for all of my questions.....
We moved up from moderate to deluxe for our 15 year anniversary 7 years ago and haven't gone back since. In fact we are now DVC owners. It's going to wonderful!

My nephew and I were scheduled to arrive this week and we were so excited! He passed away unexpectedly last Friday afternoon. We have visited DIsney World many times and were especially looking forward to staying at the Poly and had reservations for both Symphany in the Stars dessert party and the Club Villain. I don't think I will ever return to Disney as I can't imagine coming without him.

I will love and miss him everyday for the rest of my life. I am truly heart broken
We are still praying for you and am so sorry for your loss.

Hi everyone, I'm toying with the idea of switching our reservation to the Poly. The only thing I did not like our last trip to the poly (over 10 years ago) was the pool. The amount of people, chaos, etc. I read they now have a fence, but also read it does not help. This trip is myself and my adult daughter. The pics of the new Oasis pool look great. Will this be a "quiet" pool? That would make all the difference in my decision. Thanks!

I'll be checking in to the Villas with my DW and in-laws next month. I'm planning on arriving early to park and take the monorail to EPCOT for the day, and take our luggage to the room before dinner at Ohana. Do people have more luck with online check-in over speaking with cast members? I'd like to get the whole experience of checking in at the lobby (a bit silly I know, but I always look forward to that moment), but I'd be willing to trade that for a practical benefit, like guaranteeing that MBs work or having the right room ready.

Any suggestions on getting a non-parking lot view while avoiding the ferry boat horns?

We've never done OCI so I can't comment on that, but I don't think either way is better than the other as far as MBs working/not working, rooms ready/not ready, etc. With that said, I don't think it's silly at all checking in at the resort. I, personally, prefer checking in in person as I enjoy chatting with the CMs :goodvibes.

Thanks for posting this link :).

73d61479-4167-44a3-a2e2-85d797ea7dc4.jpg

9171db5d-70e3-4b19-b5d1-6609bbb29e87.jpg

b05585f6-58fe-4d89-88a6-f2270d15e1fb.jpg

dd225340-b855-4657-a3fc-d1279b268437.jpg

0940cb04-9755-40a3-b48a-8e9741ca8cff.jpg

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing :goodvibes.

By the way, lots of torches-might be very cool at night.

I agree ::yes::.

Jade1 - Those pictures area amazing, thank you so much for taking the time to post these.

:thumbsup2

That's what I'm afraid of......not really, I'm pretty positive that I will never go back.:rotfl:

Our first onsite stay was at CBR and while we had a great time and loved everything about it, once we tried a deluxe we haven't stayed anything else. It's very easy to get addicted to the deluxe resorts :laughing:.

Just got back from a 3 day/2 night stay and the Polynesian has replaced Wilderness Lodge as my favorite resort. I stayed in room 3217 in the Aotearoa building and I had a view of the monorail AND the castle. I went to Trader Sam's each night and added to my collection of souvenir mugs. Had Tonga Toast and Dole Whips every day. Staying on a resort on the monorail line is so convenient. I feel like I am rambling, but I just love this place. I wish i was at Trader Sam's right now. Already looking forward to 'Ohana in May. Thanks for all of the info from the other posters in here.

Hi all - first time at Poly coming up in November. We have a Standard room. Looking at the map and the Touring Plans room/building info, it looks like Niue has a really nice location (close to the main lodge, not too close to the monorail, etc.) Any other pros/cons I should consider? TIA.

It does not have balconies if that's a drawback for you.

Hi everyone, I'm toying with the idea of switching our reservation to the Poly. The only thing I did not like our last trip to the poly (over 10 years ago) was the pool. The amount of people, chaos, etc. I read they now have a fence, but also read it does not help. This trip is myself and my adult daughter. The pics of the new Oasis pool look great. Will this be a "quiet" pool? That would make all the difference in my decision. Thanks!

Yes, it is the quiet pool. :) enjoy! I can't wait to spend time at the pool/bar!

It is the "quiet" pool but it will now have a bar/grill and potentially some cabanas to reserve (maybe, eventually) so it has much more appeal than the old setup. I think this is GREAT because it has the potential to spread the pool crowd out a bit which is needed. Last June the main pool was a little like human soup later in the day - not terrible, but just not ideal. Time will tell what the new Oasis Pool will be like crowd wise, but I suspect it will all be positive - both for the Oasis Pool itself and impact on the main pool crowds.

Just got back from a 3 day/2 night stay and the Polynesian has replaced Wilderness Lodge as my favorite resort. I stayed in room 3217 in the Aotearoa building and I had a view of the monorail AND the castle. I went to Trader Sam's each night and added to my collection of souvenir mugs. Had Tonga Toast and Dole Whips every day. Staying on a resort on the monorail line is so convenient. I feel like I am rambling, but I just love this place. I wish i was at Trader Sam's right now. Already looking forward to 'Ohana in May. Thanks for all of the info from the other posters in here.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly. The Poly became our favorite, too, after just one stay. We still love the WL, but the Poly will always be our #1 choice. Enjoy the planning for your trip in May :wizard:.

It is the "quiet" pool but it will now have a bar/grill and potentially some cabanas to reserve (maybe, eventually) so it has much more appeal than the old setup. I think this is GREAT because it has the potential to spread the pool crowd out a bit which is needed.

I agree, I think the new "quiet" pool will alleviate the crowds at the main pool :).

When booking a villa here, they only show standard and lake views. Does that mean all of the former garden views are considered standard? I am booking standard, but don't want the Pago Pago parking lot views. I guess I just request Moorea or Tokelau? Hopefully, that will avoid the parking lot views? Anything else I should try and request?

We are here now and enjoying our second day relaxing by the new Oasis pool! It is fantastic! While apparently the official opening isn't until the 17th they are open for business! The furniture is comfortable and it's not too over crowded. The pool and deck area seem bigger than the old pool. There is also pool-side service for the bar & grill, with servers who will take your order and bring drinks and food to you. We're actually bummed we'll have to pack up later to head to the parks LOL

When booking a villa here, they only show standard and lake views. Does that mean all of the former garden views are considered standard? I am booking standard, but don't want the Pago Pago parking lot views. I guess I just request Moorea or Tokelau? Hopefully, that will avoid the parking lot views? Anything else I should try and request?

Yes, all of the former garden views are now standard view.

During our stays at the Poly, it was just two of us with no kids and we never visited the main pool. There was never more than a handful of people at the "quiet" pool any time we were there. The new bar and grill may come in handy; I hope the Oasis pool does not get too crowded when we visit in Septemeber making it difficult to find pool chairs.

Last edited:
During our stays at the Poly, it was just two of us with no kids and we never visited the main pool. There was never more than a handful of people at the quiet pool any time we were there. The new bar and grill may come in handy; I hope the Oasis pool does not get too crowded when we visit in Septemeber making it difficult to find pool chairs.
Right now the seating is maybe 1/3 full. Hoping this will stay the norm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter