• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Just passed Poly on the monorail on the way to GF, and I took some construction pictures for the board...
Thanks for the Glide by could you try it again later and see if you can get pics of anyone actually working to get this work done by July. It looks abandoned.

Dave

Lol!

Pretty sure they’re only working at night after the monorail stops and GCH closes, at least from what I saw last week.

They were actively working on some of the longhouses during the day though.

Done. There is ONE guy. Does that count?! 😂
Thanks for the timely update. I took your original post literally when you said "... for the board". I was board sitting here waiting for my file image to upload. Your pictures brightened my day as I thought about next Summer when things may be back to a more normal state.

Next time you glide by please make sure that he has moved. He might just be a Cardboard Cutout that escaped from the NBA bubble cardboard people stack left over at the GF.

Dave

Thanks for the Glide by could you try it again later and see if you can get pics of anyone actually working to get this work done by July. It looks abandoned.

Dave

pretty sure a lot of the work is inside work...

Hey Poly people. My first trip to WDW was to the Poly in May 1972 and would like to go back for our 50th anniversary. Been going to WDW every 12-18 months for the last 20 years and something ALWAYS happens to make me choose another resort (hint- it's mostly the money).

I am 100% going to the Poly in May 2022. Hopefully the WDW 50th will still be going full swing. Any suggestions on saving a few dollars? I'm going to make my reservation at 499 out and see if anything materializes from a discount standpoint. Is it 499 from the check out date?

Hey Poly people. My first trip to WDW was to the Poly in May 1972 and would like to go back for our 50th anniversary. Been going to WDW every 12-18 months for the last 20 years and something ALWAYS happens to make me choose another resort (hint- it's mostly the money).

I am 100% going to the Poly in May 2022. Hopefully the WDW 50th will still be going full swing. Any suggestions on saving a few dollars? I'm going to make my reservation at 499 out and see if anything materializes from a discount standpoint. Is it 499 from the check out date?
I can’t help on your question regarding 499 days, but I’m sure that someone else can with that one. As far as discounts go—I can relate for sure as I have a beer budget and champagne tastes and Poly is my favorite 😂. Now my experience has mostly been in pre-covid times and I’m not sure how things will change with discounts etc as a result but these are things we have done to save money on our Disney stays:
1) watch for discounts—they are usually announced here in the Disney Discount Codes and Rates sub-forum pretty quickly and there is often a “buzz” before they are to be released. Mousesavers.com also has a lists of historical discounts offered.
2) Find a good travel agent. We have used one before that had agency exclusives and they were great. I know some people like to exclusively use travel agents because they can help you pretty quickly when a new discount gets released and you don’t have to get stuck calling or locked into the website limbo when the Disney website inevitably gets overwhelmed on release day. Keep in mind, however, the travel agent will have control over your reservation so you will not be able to communicate with Disney directly and will have to go through the agent.
3) If you are pretty set that you are 100% going on your trip dates and can make due with a queen bed, sofa bed, and small (almost twin sized) murphy bed consider renting points. I hesitate to suggest this after all of the issues many people had renting points when Disney closed this year, but it is a good way to save. We rented points several times before we purchased a DVC contract at Poly ourselves and became hooked. With this option you will have no option to cancel or modify (unlike booking with Disney directly).

Have a great trip 🌺

I can’t help on your question regarding 499 days, but I’m sure that someone else can with that one. As far as discounts go—I can relate for sure as I have a beer budget and champagne tastes and Poly is my favorite 😂. Now my experience has mostly been in pre-covid times and I’m not sure how things will change with discounts etc as a result but these are things we have done to save money on our Disney stays:
1) watch for discounts—they are usually announced here in the Disney Discount Codes and Rates sub-forum pretty quickly and there is often a “buzz” before they are to be released. Mousesavers.com also has a lists of historical discounts offered.
2) Find a good travel agent. We have used one before that had agency exclusives and they were great. I know some people like to exclusively use travel agents because they can help you pretty quickly when a new discount gets released and you don’t have to get stuck calling or locked into the website limbo when the Disney website inevitably gets overwhelmed on release day. Keep in mind, however, the travel agent will have control over your reservation so you will not be able to communicate with Disney directly and will have to go through the agent.
3) If you are pretty set that you are 100% going on your trip dates and can make due with a queen bed, sofa bed, and small (almost twin sized) murphy bed consider renting points. I hesitate to suggest this after all of the issues many people had renting points when Disney closed this year, but it is a good way to save. We rented points several times before we purchased a DVC contract at Poly ourselves and became hooked. With this option you will have no option to cancel or modify (unlike booking with Disney directly).

Have a great trip 🌺

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter