• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anywhere to get both the potstickers and bread pudding from Ohana without going to Ohana? We are likely cancelling our ADR there, but I would still like to get both of those things if possible. I wasn't sure with the recent Tambu Lounge reno if that was still an option. Thanks!

Is there anywhere to get both the potstickers and bread pudding from Ohana without going to Ohana? We are likely cancelling our ADR there, but I would still like to get both of those things if possible. I wasn't sure with the recent Tambu Lounge reno if that was still an option. Thanks!
We had both at the Tambu Lounge at the end of December. :)

Fantastics news! That's all I wanted from my Ohana ADR anyway! This will save some serious $$$ that could be used at Trader Sam's instead :)
Since the items are not on the menu, our server has said on two separate occasions, hold on, let me check to make sure I can get those items for you. So while I don't think it's a 100% guarantee, they'll get it for you if they can. :)

Hi all! We are headed for a 5 day trip On March 15 to the Poly. Last time we stayed there we had a 2 year old. We now have 3 grown teenagers 13,16 and 19. We are booked for a standard view. What's your favorite standard view location? Looking to see where I should request my room. Also interested in the twilight feast. Is it worth it? How many should we order for a family of 5?

We had both at the Tambu Lounge at the end of December. :)

Random question - but just checking...is it acceptable to bring little ones to the “lounge” like Tambu or Brown Derby Lounge at HS? I assumed so since it is WDW but I would never show up to a “lounge” with my kids in tow anywhere else.

Random question - but just checking...is it acceptable to bring little ones to the “lounge” like Tambu or Brown Derby Lounge at HS? I assumed so since it is WDW but I would never show up to a “lounge” with my kids in tow anywhere else.

Well, one of these was for me, one was a virgin version not for me.

If it’s wrong to sit here and enjoy a pineapple beverage with a little one (an 8 year old in this particular instance), then well, judge away! Lol!

IMG_4986.jpg

But in all seriousness, other than the 21+ age requirement after 8pm at Trader Sams, I don’t really think twice about it. It’s not like we’re hanging for very long at either Tambu or Trader Sams and these aren’t exactly wild and crazy bars to begin with.

I did go in Trader Sams once pre 8pm where the crowd was a little loud/adult/raucous and my son was with me, so I decided it wasn’t the right setting and bailed. But we’ve been in there when it’s pretty empty and quiet, so no worries.

In my view it’s all good.

Last edited:
I've never been to Brown Derby, but the kids are always with us eating at the bar at the Tambu Lounge. It never even occurred to me that they shouldn't be at the bar. :rotfl:I think it's because the bartenders have always been so welcoming and friendly. Plus we tend to go on the early side, around 4:30-5:00pm, before it gets too crowded and Ohana gets backed up.

Hi all! We are headed for a 5 day trip On March 15 to the Poly. Last time we stayed there we had a 2 year old. We now have 3 grown teenagers 13,16 and 19. We are booked for a standard view. What's your favorite standard view location? Looking to see where I should request my room. Also interested in the twilight feast. Is it worth it? How many should we order for a family of 5?

I can't answer your questions, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip! Hopefully others will be able help with the twilight feast and room suggestions :flower3:.

When we go we always request Samoa using touring plans, even though most of (if not all) of them are pool view etc... We get it quite a lot to be fair! We got Niue this past time which is right by the lobby and was a great location close to everything. I know some people prefer being a little further away or closer to the TTC but we prefer being close to the pools and the lobby.

Here is a map from the Poly Lobby:

ojUODgSR4Ml996y_r-ilUIaWPVPIuPn7AYZUbPxWLfWYupmMjJjSFVUHG5UY3C2Pfua4GhrpOGYHr1KUwK_eOS-neSl3jtSbgAH_1RttXYTzFQcV-wcA3TxzzdO-WOhXKCprJd2zzg=w2400

I can't believe it's finally here! We'll be arriving at the Polynesian tomorrow -- first time even seeing it in person. I requested Fiji (the views on standards look nice!), but I'll be happy with pretty much anything. We have Ohana reservations at 8. We'll probably get there around 4-5 so wondering what to do while we wait, other than explore! Do you have any arrival traditions?

I can't believe it's finally here! We'll be arriving at the Polynesian tomorrow -- first time even seeing it in person. I requested Fiji (the views on standards look nice!), but I'll be happy with pretty much anything. We have Ohana reservations at 8. We'll probably get there around 4-5 so wondering what to do while we wait, other than explore! Do you have any arrival traditions?

How exciting! We had a great room in Fiji last year, we were facing the small beach with a lovely view of the lake and GF.

We usually go to the pool after we arrive, we find it's a nice way to relax after a long drive.

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Lucky you!!! We like to just check out our resort on arrival day, if there is just a bit of extra time. Keep us posted!!! Have fun!

When we go we always request Samoa using touring plans, even though most of (if not all) of them are pool view etc... We get it quite a lot to be fair! We got Niue this past time which is right by the lobby and was a great location close to everything. I know some people prefer being a little further away or closer to the TTC but we prefer being close to the pools and the lobby.

Do you request specific rooms or just the building using TP? We used the TP room fax request last time for Samoa rooms but ended up in Aotearoa. It was fine, but I would love being closer to the GCH and pools. Niue seems great!

Do you request specific rooms or just the building using TP? We used the TP room fax request last time for Samoa rooms but ended up in Aotearoa. It was fine, but I would love being closer to the GCH and pools. Niue seems great!

We always request the same room number from the TP fax request, we have had the exact room once, a couple of rooms away twice and this last time we were in Niue. It may be something to do with the time we go and their availability but we have always been lucky I guess?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter