Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I know of, but you could take the big ferry to the TTC and then walk back to the Poly.

Yeah, this would be my choice as well if all heck is breaking lose with the Resort Monorail or Poly Resort Launch.

There have been reports of buses added during extreme situations (eg, New Years) (and of course when the monorail is down) but I'm not sure I'd want to be wondering around the MK bus station trying to figure it out. The Ferry would be an easier option under most circumstances.

I think I am just going to put down the first available on my Poly reservation, because it is only for two nights just to tour the resorts and such for Christmas. Pretty sure I will be sticking with this resort choice because I just booked a non-refundable hotel in Valdosta for the night before. I have a odd feeling that I won't enjoy this resort as much as I thought I would because the resort itself is an "attraction". Many people, like myself, visiting it that are not staying there. But that is fine because we have done it numerous, numerous, times. So a two night stay here might just be perfect.

I leave for Disney World in 8 days! I can’t believe it is in the single digits...it feels like last week when I first booked the hotels and it was over 300 days away!

We are doing a split stay with the first week at AKL and the second week at the Poly! I am so excited to just wander around the Poly...it looks like such a pretty resort! I am hoping for a first floor room so that I can sit on the patio and drink tea and enjoy the views :)

8 more days!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

We’ve had a great couple days here so far! We had a fun intro to Trader Sam’s last night, I highly recommend the chicken Thai pizza and Zombie Head.

We have an 8a breakfast in Epcot tomorrow, I was planning to head out and walk to the Epcot monorail at 7am but wondering if we should really get started a bit earlier?

We have an 8a breakfast in Epcot tomorrow, I was planning to head out and walk to the Epcot monorail at 7am but wondering if we should really get started a bit earlier?

May want to check the Times Guide, I don’t think the Epcot line starts until 7:30AM... just FYI.

While possible if you’re at the TTC catching the first monorail over there, in the past I have opted for Minnie Van/Taxi/Uber/Lyft for an Epcot PPO ADR just for the convenience factor.

Glad you’re having a fun trip!

What’s the best way to get to Epcot for early EMH? I see the monorail doesn’t usually start until 7:30 and that’s cutting it a little close for my taste. We would normally drive ourselves, but we only have one day for the F&W Festival and don’t want to have to worry about driving back. We have an almost 3 year old, so a car seat is a necessity. I’m not opposed to taking one ride in a Minnie Van if that’s my best bet.

What’s the best way to get to Epcot for early EMH? I see the monorail doesn’t usually start until 7:30 and that’s cutting it a little close for my taste. We would normally drive ourselves, but we only have one day for the F&W Festival and don’t want to have to worry about driving back. We have an almost 3 year old, so a car seat is a necessity. I’m not opposed to taking one ride in a Minnie Van if that’s my best bet.
Uber / Cab / Minnie Van for sure. That’s how we’ve always gotten to our PPO breakfasts at Epcot.

We’ve had a great couple days here so far! We had a fun intro to Trader Sam’s last night, I highly recommend the chicken Thai pizza and Zombie Head.

Glad you're having a great time :).

One week! I think the suitcases might finally come out tomorrow :cheer2:

It'll be here before you know it! Have a great trip :goodvibes.

Only 3 more days of work and I'm on vacation. Here we come poly! See you bright and early on Friday!

Have a great time :yay:.

We'll be there in less than 48 hours! Last minute question - is there any difference between checking in at the desk and checking in online? I want to make sure they got our request to be away from any smoking areas and I was disappointed to learn only my travel agent can confirm those requests over the phone.

I love the idea of walking in and receiving a lei! I usually do online check in and just get a text when my room is ready. So...silly question but if we walk in to check in, will they still text us when our room is ready?
We just returned yesterday from an 8 night stay at the Poly. I did online check-in. When we arrived via Magical Express, a cast member was waiting as we stepped off the bus, providing leis to all arriving guests.

We'll be there in less than 48 hours! Last minute question - is there any difference between checking in at the desk and checking in online? I want to make sure they got our request to be away from any smoking areas and I was disappointed to learn only my travel agent can confirm those requests over the phone.

When it comes to having your requests granted there's zero difference between checking in online or in person.

is there any difference between checking in at the desk and checking in online

Moreover, online one can only choose a preference of Longhouses. The earlier to your check date yields the most options. When staying CL, the preference is which floor. There is no free form field to enter a custom request that I have seen (such as yours).

You should be covered by your Travel Agent or if your room is not assigned and text'd to you by the time you arrive, I would head to the front desk to ensure best odds. Given your request, I would do all I could myself as that is also my top priority in location

Hi all. I know there is always questions about supplies but can someone please tell me if there is body wash or only bar soap? Also, I assume there is lotion but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter