Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't used DME in a while but in the past it has stopped at WL and CR first before Poly. I think maybe once it was just Poly and GF. It can change depending on crowds.

Last April when we were there, ME stopped at Poly first before GF. I will be using it tomorrow night and can report at what the current route is.

We used DME this past January on way to Poly. We were the first stop and then it was heading to GF. :thumbsup2

I just read that there are no longer direct buses to the water parks. So, people staying at the Poly, how do you get to the water parks? What's the options or the quickest route?

I just read that there are no longer direct buses to the water parks. So, people staying at the Poly, how do you get to the water parks? What's the options or the quickest route?

They started this last year and I hate it, to be honest. Unless this has recently changed you can still get there by bus, you just have to connect somewhere.... for TL I think it's Disney Springs, for BB I think it's AK. Hopefully someone can correct me if my info is out of date. But it's annoying.

I got fed up last summer and just took an uber there/back.

Can anyone suggest the quietest Studio longhouse? I'm worried Moorea will be noisy with boat horns, worried that Pago Pago will be noisy with cars/busses and worried that Tokelau will be noisy with Pool-goers.

Can anyone suggest the quietest Studio longhouse? I'm worried Moorea will be noisy with boat horns, worried that Pago Pago will be noisy with cars/busses and worried that Tokelau will be noisy with Pool-goers.
Are you booked Standard View?

For quiet, Moorea is actually fine for SV. SV faces away from the boat horns.

Random question... We are staying in a Deluxe Studio in May. We are DVC so we do not get daily maid serve. Is there a place in each DVC longhouse that we can dump our trash if needed. When we stayed at AKV and BCV there were places to dump trash is the laundry room. Thanks!

Random question... We are staying in a Deluxe Studio in May. We are DVC so we do not get daily maid serve. Is there a place in each DVC longhouse that we can dump our trash if needed. When we stayed at AKV and BCV there were places to dump trash is the laundry room. Thanks!
Yes, there are trash rooms.

We are water park people and plan to taxi/uber to the water parks. No way do I want to mess with a bus transfer.

Which makes me wonder.....is there a good place to watch the sunset at the Poly? I have seen the sun rising over the lagoon while walking from the bus drop off to the Magic Kingdom for early breakfast reservations....and I remember returning to the MK on a boat while the sun was setting after an 'Ohana dinner.....but I don't have my bearings over where it would be and where to watch from the resort.

Hi there,

We are looking at booking into a DVC Studio at the Polynesian, and had a question about the studio room.

We have 2 young kids (4yrs & 1.5 yrs) and were wondering if the 2nd bath area would have enough room to set up a playpen and use as sleeping area for the baby?
Would there be enough space to set one up?
Do the sliding doors provide any kind of noise barrier to keep a baby sleeping?

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)

I think I want the "regular" hotel side. What's confusing me is using the room finder on Touring Plans. The only option in the search area for a standard room is "standard/deluxe studio" which displays only rooms in the DVC buildings. Which of the longhouses have standard view rooms? Maybe that's the place to start.

Thanks for explaining. That makes sense.
If you look at the map, one of the houses is perpendicular to the water (end with exits on the ends). It's also the same closest to the "quiet" pool. And obviously the ones off the water are standard view.

Hi there,

We are looking at booking into a DVC Studio at the Polynesian, and had a question about the studio room.

We have 2 young kids (4yrs & 1.5 yrs) and were wondering if the 2nd bath area would have enough room to set up a playpen and use as sleeping area for the baby?
Would there be enough space to set one up?
Do the sliding doors provide any kind of noise barrier to keep a baby sleeping?

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers :)
Most definitely. The 1st one closest to the entry door has a sink, the toilet and a tub/shower. This is huge. The 2nd one has another sink and the very nice shower. It is not large enough for a playpen. BTW, units have pack-n-plays in them already. If a unit doesn't have one, it is because either someone took it or housekeeping took it out for some reason and didn't replace it. Call front desk.

GADisneyDad answered your question about the rooms, but I wanted to say that the Poly is an amazing resort! If you choose to stay there, you will love it! Happy planning :wizard:.

I think it's a good request and not too much :).
Not too much. I have actually requested specific room #'s. I call front desk directly and have them add to reservation. I give them anywhere from 4-5 room #'s. I do this so I can book a standard room but get a room down at the end of a longhouse towards the water. Had a nice view of water and GF last time.

Look in to point renting carefully before you do. Poly is very popular and it is hard to find points from someone who owns there. Given you are looking at January you might have luck renting at the 7 month mark (when they will accept reservations from any DVC property owner, not just Poly) but if you are hoping to book soon you might just want a regular cash hotel room.

Funny, I am in the exact same boat as you. We stayed at BLT and I absolutely love the Contemporary but after walking around Poly and having drinks at Trader Sam's it is at the top of our short-list for our next trip.
I am a member at OKW and at Poly (1st and last). I need to book reservations at Poly for christmas/new years period in next couple of days before it is available for 7 month window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter