Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing rumors that the monorail station will not be completed until mid Sept. Thinking of switching resorts fir trip at end of August. Anyone know anything?
We’re going to be there mid August. I’m going to stay optimistic. I think I saw the same post it did say not finished but maybe it will be operational before then. With Ohana opening I would think they’re really trying to get the main entrance open. I think I saw another post about them working around the clock so it seems like they’re trying to get it done as fast as possible.

We're going Sept 11-18 and we would love the monorail to be up and running but if it's not, there's no way on this green earth we would ever switch from the Polynesian. That's not even a consideration for us but for other's I can see why they would. Sending some pixiedust: pixiedust: to the monorail gods and the people arriving before me. :flower1:

We’re going to be there mid August. I’m going to stay optimistic. I think I saw the same post it did say not finished but maybe it will be operational before then. With Ohana opening I would think they’re really trying to get the main entrance open. I think I saw another post about them working around the clock so it seems like they’re trying to get it done as fast as possible.

I feel the same way - I think with ‘Ohana opening they will try really hard to at least get the station operational as soon as possible.

We're going Sept 11-18 and we would love the monorail to be up and running but if it's not, there's no way on this green earth we would ever switch from the Polynesian. That's not even a consideration for us but for other's I can see why they would. Sending some pixiedust: pixiedust: to the monorail gods and the people arriving before me. :flower1:
Same. Even if the monorail is not ready for our trip, there is no way I’m changing resorts. I’m still excited about the new rooms and our pool days.

Well in normal times/pre-covid, they’ve fenced off a spot on the main beach area in front of the Lava Pool - roughly between the boat dock and first bungalow - and it’s Poly guests only in that area. Non-Poly guests could go anywhere else on the grounds.

Without normal 7/4 fireworks, I’m going to guess (key word) they won’t be doing any sort of fencing off/restricting of access. I guess the only question is if they think HEA on 7/4 will generate enough non-guest holiday traffic they feel the need to do something. BUT, with the hotel side still closed and likely limited resources, I’m going to assume no restrictions.

Caveat that this is just my speculation!

Having been there for a few 7/4s and NYEs, most Poly CMs don’t even know the plan until that day/evening. Holiday setups traditionally haven’t been something particularly well communicated/posted in advance.

We've stayed there on the 4th and NYE before and I think we received a letter in the room on the day of, along with the wristbands? We only actually used the bands once because MK was a mob scene by 11 on NYE, so we just went back to the beach to watch. Cast were definitely checking wristbands but I think they also had a list of hotel guests so that if you didn't have your band you could give your name and room number to get in the beach area. I don't know if they'll do that this year, but the times they've reserved the beach, they did let us know what the procedure would be.

Is there anywhere open right now at Poly where we could walk up and get sushi on a Thursday night without a reservation?? Like just a sushi bar or quick service?

Is there anywhere open right now at Poly where we could walk up and get sushi on a Thursday night without a reservation?? Like just a sushi bar or quick service?

While it’s not a sushi bar or quick service, Kona Cafe To Go offers mobile/to-go ordering and has various sushi items on the menu.

You could place a mobile order from Kona Cafe. There are only a few sushi dishes on the menu so you should check it out online. Plenty of beautiful places to sit and enjoy it!

Was your reservation for a lake view or standard?

We rented points for a stay in August and I know others with DVC in August have been emailed that their rooms would be moved. Just trying to figure out how to word my room request based on Lake/Standard.

And from what I understand, yes, you will definitely be in a refurbished room. Only one bathroom rhough, boo.

We had a lagoon view DVC room. Honestly the extra shower room was never a huge advantage for us. Fortunately my sister doesn't seem to be too disappointed at losing the likely theme park view that comes with the lagoon view DVC. Moana is her favorite Disney movie so that seems to have compensated.

I feel the same way - I think with ‘Ohana opening they will try really hard to at least get the station operational as soon as possible.
Totally agree
Same. Even if the monorail is not ready for our trip, there is no way I’m changing resorts. I’m still excited about the new rooms and our pool days.
Same here. The new rooms look so nice.

Trying to make sure we have everything in order...

I assume that the $25/per night parking fee becomes part of the bill for the room and that I can use a Disney gift card to pay it at the end? I've also estimated our spending for the day (meals, snacks, drinks) and plan on charging to the room so that I can pay that off with a Disney gift card as well.

One of my favorite things is to leave Disney knowing that I don't have any bills left to pay (or that the bill is very small). We never worry about over-estimating and having too much because if that happens...we know it's a sign to start planning our next trip! :rotfl2:

Does anyone know the status of the walkway between GF and Poly? PP mentioned it was supposed to open on June 25th but had not.

I just saw on Twitter that the monorail station will not be open when the resort opens on July 19th, but the check-in desk will be moving back to the Great Ceremonial House by that date. Also, ME will pick up/drop off under the porte cochere. You will need to access the GCH from the side of the building. No mention of when the monorail station will open.

I just saw on Twitter that the monorail station will not be open when the resort opens on July 19th, but the check-in desk will be moving back to the Great Ceremonial House by that date. Also, ME will pick up/drop off under the porte cochere. You will need to access the GCH from the side of the building. No mention of when the monorail station will open.

Oh no! Do you mind sharing where you saw this? Pretty disappointing. :( Was hoping all would be done for the reopening.

I'm staying DVC lake view so I assume getting to the monorail won't take me long? And does it at least look nice in the lobby?

Last edited:
I'm staying DVC lake view so I assume getting to the monorail won't take me long?

No, it does not take long to get to the TTC from the Poly. We will be there middle of August and if the Poly monorail station isn't open we'll just walk to the TTC. It isn't a deal breaker for the monorail station to not be open; it is just more convenient to get the monorail at the Poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter