• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Old Key West for one night in November...

denisem7180

Earning My Ears
Traveling for 9 days in November and added a night (November 9), however, OKW is booked! I've been trying daily to see availability if anything opens up but no such luck. Currently booked at Coronado Springs for that one night with a transfer over the next morning to OKW. Anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly attain a room for this one night at OKW so we don't have to transfer over from one resort to the other? I've checked DVC rentals, etc., but still no luck. Thanks!

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside at the end of November and added a night to the end of our trip but can't find a room for our last night at POR . I keep telling my daughter we may have to pack up our luggage at sleep by the pool on our last night!

Traveling for 9 days in November and added a night (November 9), however, OKW is booked! I've been trying daily to see availability if anything opens up but no such luck. Currently booked at Coronado Springs for that one night with a transfer over the next morning to OKW. Anyone have any suggestions on how to possibly attain a room for this one night at OKW so we don't have to transfer over from one resort to the other? I've checked DVC rentals, etc., but still no luck. Thanks!
I would keep checking the Disney website. People cancel all of the time and something make come up. You're still outside of the cancellation deadline for both DVC and cash reservations.

Odds are against you. Most of the resort is bookable on points only, and if it's full, that date is unlikely to open for cash (and for points it will go to a waitlist). You're likely to switch.

Would you consider doing a split, and maybe switching half your reservation elsewhere? So do 5 at OKW, 4 at CSR or another resort with availability?

Odds are against you. Most of the resort is bookable on points only, and if it's full, that date is unlikely to open for cash (and for points it will go to a waitlist). You're likely to switch.

Would you consider doing a split, and maybe switching half your reservation elsewhere? So do 5 at OKW, 4 at CSR or another resort with availability?
NO, my reservation is non-refundable. And we do really like OKW, we sort of just added on the extra night so we could fly out at a better time instead of super early in the morning. It's really not a HUGE deal, just figured could save us the hassle of transferring over.

We go in October to OKW but due to circumstances, we may have to cancel. Our payment date is August 12th so take heart, there may be others in the same boat and suddenly your date will be available. Can you not set an alert with Disney, if you are already staying at OKW and just want to add a night surely they could have something in place to contact you if the date becomes free.

That's the last weekend of Food & Wine, plus Jersey Week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter