Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

This is the problem with using a TA to book your trip. The DME stuff is sent to the TA since they, technically, own the reservation. They then need to get it to you. How long ago did you book your trip? If it's more than a few weeks ago, I would call the TA and ask where the stuff is. They may not have actually made the DME reservation for you!!!! And now, they could be trying to cover their behinds by booking it now. DME needs a lead time of 10 days to get the info, get it printed out and then sent to you.
My issue? If the TA hasn't made the DME reservation for you, you could have an issue getting on the bus. If the reservation has been made, then all you need is an ID and your resort reservation info. They will be able to bring you up in the system and then give you a voucher for the bus. You can give them your baggage claim receipts and they can then get your bags and send them to your resort. But, you need to know whether or not you have been booked on DME to begin with.

I went ahead and called Disney myself. The CM told me that she was not seeing a reservation and went ahead and booked it for me. Whew. There's still a chance that I may not get it in time. But, like you said, now that I have a reservation they will be able to give me a voucher and still deliver my bags. I hope that there was just a glitch in the system. I hate to think that my TA misled me back in August when I booked my trip. Thanks for your help.

I went ahead and called Disney myself. The CM told me that she was not seeing a reservation and went ahead and booked it for me. Whew. There's still a chance that I may not get it in time. But, like you said, now that I have a reservation they will be able to give me a voucher and still deliver my bags. I hope that there was just a glitch in the system. I hate to think that my TA misled me back in August when I booked my trip. Thanks for your help.
It could be very possible that it isn't a case of being 'misled', but more a case of your TA not being very well versed in Disney planning. I remember my first trip to WDW...back in '99. It was going to be my dd's 6th birthday while we were there. I wanted to have breakfast in CRT, on her birthday. Now, I fully realized how early this had to be booked. My TA (used for that first trip simply because I had no reason not to) told me she would take care of it. This was in July. Our trip was in Oct. She called me, in late Sept, to tell me that she had been unable to book the CRT...evidently you need to do it as early as possible, she said. Well, yeah.....even I knew that. But, she had waited 3 weeks too long. It was bookable at the 60 day window, she called just over a month prior!!! She had no clue!!!
No more TAs for me!!!!
Your TA may have 'thought' that DME was automatically added to a reservation. So, glad you called and checked!!!

How long is the average wait from booking DME online to getting the booklet/documents delivered? I booked online myself 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any of the documents. I don't plan on using the luggage tags and I'll have my MBs, so do i still need those DME vouchers? I still have 52 days until we arrive in WDW.

How long is the average wait from booking DME online to getting the booklet/documents delivered? I booked online myself 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten any of the documents. I don't plan on using the luggage tags and I'll have my MBs, so do i still need those DME vouchers? I still have 52 days until we arrive in WDW.
You don't need your paperwork, as long as you have an existing reservation. You can use your MB, or just give your name, with ID, and they can bring it up in the system and they will print you out a 'voucher'.
As for timing, it usually takes at least 10 days to print up and get the packet mailed and delivered. Most people get their packets anytime from 4-8 weeks prior to travel. You should see yours in the next week or so.

You don't need your paperwork, as long as you have an existing reservation. You can use your MB, or just give your name, with ID, and they can bring it up in the system and they will print you out a 'voucher'.
As for timing, it usually takes at least 10 days to print up and get the packet mailed and delivered. Most people get their packets anytime from 4-8 weeks prior to travel. You should see yours in the next week or so.
Thank you!

I'm sure I missed the answer to this question...didn't have time to read every page!

I got my tags last week...two days after I called Disney and gave them updated flight info for our arrival flight. So the book has the wrong flight number in it. Does that matter? Is that info in the barcode? I guess I am asking if I should be expecting new luggage tags or if it doesn't matter since we are still arriving at the same resort on the same date?

Thanks in advance!

I'm sure I missed the answer to this question...didn't have time to read every page!

I got my tags last week...two days after I called Disney and gave them updated flight info for our arrival flight. So the book has the wrong flight number in it. Does that matter? Is that info in the barcode? I guess I am asking if I should be expecting new luggage tags or if it doesn't matter since we are still arriving at the same resort on the same date?

Thanks in advance!

No it doesn't matter because you're not assigned to a specific bus when you arrive. So if you want, you can take your time - get some food, browse gift shops, etc. It's only when you leave that it matters because then you are assigned to a specific bus and you might not be able to get on the next bus if you missed the one you're assigned to. The luggage tag is really just to get your luggage to your hotel room, it has no connection to your flight.

No it doesn't matter because you're not assigned to a specific bus when you arrive. So if you want, you can take your time - get some food, browse gift shops, etc. It's only when you leave that it matters because then you are assigned to a specific bus and you might not be able to get on the next bus if you missed the one you're assigned to. The luggage tag is really just to get your luggage to your hotel room, it has no connection to your flight.

Great--thank you!

Oh no..I am 16 days out and I just realized that I never added my plane info for DME. Called but the wait is too long right now does anyone have info..can I still book it???

Oh no..I am 16 days out and I just realized that I never added my plane info for DME. Called but the wait is too long right now does anyone have info..can I still book it???
Are you concerned that DME doesn't have your flight arrival info, or are you concerned that you just didn't make your DME reservation at all? If you just didn't give them flight info, it's no big deal. The only flight info that really matters is the flight info for your flight home. But you can give them that when you get to Orlando.
If you just haven't made the DME reservation at all? You need to get that done. You should call whomever you booked your WDW stay with, and have it added, immediately.

We never added any flight info so I assumed that meant no reservation. I will call again ASAP

You can make a DME without flight info...many do it because they're afraid they'll forget to when they do get the info!!! Myself included!! But, definitely give them a call...just to be sure you have a reservation!!!

Just so others know I called tonight at 14 days (totally forgot somehow) they said no problem and the tags should arrive in 7-10 business days. No big deal since we arrive at 10:06 and will be handling our own bags.

Just so others know I called tonight at 14 days (totally forgot somehow) they said no problem and the tags should arrive in 7-10 business days. No big deal since we arrive at 10:06 and will be handling our own bags.
What was the number you called? I booked a month ago now and still haven't gotten any of the documents.

Do most people use DME for handling their bags, or handle their own bags? We have never done this before and I am trying to decide what is best. Also, can someone please tell me what is a fair amount to tip bell services when you pick up your bags and the bus driver if you take your own bags when they load them? I hope these aren't silly questions. I honestly just don't know, and want to make sure to do the right thing.

Do most people use DME for handling their bags, or handle their own bags? We have never done this before and I am trying to decide what is best. Also, can someone please tell me what is a fair amount to tip bell services when you pick up your bags and the bus driver if you take your own bags when they load them? I hope these aren't silly questions. I honestly just don't know, and want to make sure to do the right thing.
There are no 'silly questions'...so have no worries!! Most of us use the yellow tags and have DME handle the bags for us. It all depends on what time you are arriving at MCO. If I arrive after 6pm, I like to take care of my own bags...so don't use the yellow tags. The reason for this? If I arrive at, say, 6:30, I probably won't be at my resort until close to 7:45ish...maybe 8:00. This means that my tagged bags could get to me by 9, but it could also be close to 11! I like to get settled for the evening, especially if not heading to a park. But...I always pack my carry on bag with anything I will need for the evening, and first thing in the morning...you can never tell when your bags might go to Seattle, when you're going to Orlando!!!

If you decide to leave the tags off, and handle them yourselves, you should be prepared to tip about a $1 per bag. That goes for the bus driver as well as any Bell Services folks that help you. Usually.....I keep my bags with me when I go into the resort to check in. If my room is ready, I just take the bags to my room. If the room isn't ready, then I take them over to Bell Services so they can bring them up later, when the room is ready.

So, be sure to have a lot of one dollar bills with you. Just in case!!!

There are no 'silly questions'...so have no worries!! Most of us use the yellow tags and have DME handle the bags for us. It all depends on what time you are arriving at MCO. If I arrive after 6pm, I like to take care of my own bags...so don't use the yellow tags. The reason for this? If I arrive at, say, 6:30, I probably won't be at my resort until close to 7:45ish...maybe 8:00. This means that my tagged bags could get to me by 9, but it could also be close to 11! I like to get settled for the evening, especially if not heading to a park. But...I always pack my carry on bag with anything I will need for the evening, and first thing in the morning...you can never tell when your bags might go to Seattle, when you're going to Orlando!!!

If you decide to leave the tags off, and handle them yourselves, you should be prepared to tip about a $1 per bag. That goes for the bus driver as well as any Bell Services folks that help you. Usually.....I keep my bags with me when I go into the resort to check in. If my room is ready, I just take the bags to my room. If the room isn't ready, then I take them over to Bell Services so they can bring them up later, when the room is ready.

So, be sure to have a lot of one dollar bills with you. Just in case!!!

Thank you so very much. I think we will stick with letting DME handle the bags. Our flight arrives at 1:35, so we should have our bags before the evening. I appreciate the information and will make sure we have a lot of one dollar bills. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter