Disney's Magical Express -- Luggage Tag Info

we got our tags in the mail, but someone told me that since we are flying in from Canada, we have to claim our luggage ourselves, go through customs and go to the counter. Would anyone have any experience / information about that?

we got our tags in the mail, but someone told me that since we are flying in from Canada, we have to claim our luggage ourselves, go through customs and go to the counter. Would anyone have any experience / information about that?
It depends where you're flying from. I've read of numerous folks who report they clear U.S. Customs at their Canadian airport, so that when they land they just walk off the plane as if it's a domestic flight because they already went through U.S. Customs before they took off from their home airport.

Regarding my last posts on here, I received an e-mail on the 18th confirming my phone reservation with DME I had made a few days prior. After some bad weather and a couple of days with no mail delivery, I received the luggage tags today and for some reason they also sent a 2nd set of tags... maybe I requested them by mistake? Ha. I'm in the midwest, if that helps anybody with timing.

So basically, if you book with a 3rd party like I did, make a reservation by phone and not on the website. That way you're sure they get your reservation in and take care of your tags.

We received our Disney packet today with the vouchers & luggage tags, it did not come with Magical Express tags? Does that normally come after? We still have a few weeks, we leave February 12th.

I just popped over here with the same question. When we went last spring we got our DME vouchers and tags right in our Disney packet (the one with the hotel info and vouchers/bonus coupons). I think at the time they were just starting to do that. Today we got our pack for this year's trip and DME is listed on the first page with a note that the tags may be included or may be shipped separately. We've had DME on our ressie since we made it last summer. I'll be keeping any eye out for a seperate DME packet.

Just coming back to update from my prior post.

Our DME packet came today. We are doing a split stay and the packet that arrived today was for the second half of our stay (return to airport). I figured it'd be worth a call down to make sure the packet for the first part of our stay is on the way since that is the one I'm really concerned about in terms of the luggage tags.

I'm glad I called because they did not have us in the system for the first part of our stay!:scared: This is inspite of the fact that DME/our flight info appears on my confirmations (I booked directly with Disney online) AND I had called the regular reservations line last week to confirm DME was on our ressie because it was not showing up on My Disney Experience (the CM said it was there).

The DME CM who helped me was wonderful and is resending what she says will be one combined booklet for both the arrival and the return, along with luggage tags. I didn't realize they could do combined books for split stays, so that's nice as it's one less thing to pack:thumbsup2.

I booked my vacation through FunJet and made my DME reservations online 3 months ago. I still haven't received my luggage tags in the mail and my trip is less than 30 days away. I phoned DME and they didn't have my reservation in their system. They told me I should be receiving the packet in the mail 7-10 business days from today. So glad I read this thread. Thanks for everyone who said calling to confirm is the best way to ensure you have a reservation. :)

I just popped over here with the same question. When we went last spring we got our DME vouchers and tags right in our Disney packet (the one with the hotel info and vouchers/bonus coupons). I think at the time they were just starting to do that. Today we got our pack for this year's trip and DME is listed on the first page with a note that the tags may be included or may be shipped separately. We've had DME on our ressie since we made it last summer. I'll be keeping any eye out for a seperate DME packet.

I have the same thing on our booklet. I called DME and they said that their system shows they never sent the tags. They are sending them express (we leave in 10 days).

There is defintly something wrong with ME lately. I booked my April flight back in Oct. I called to give my flight info to ME and they sent my booklet and tags out then. I got those before my Dec. 2012 trip.:confused3 I called and was told not to use them. Then when my new tags should have come a few weks ago... nothing. I called and they sent them out last week.
Nancy :hourglass

I booked our trip for my family of 4 (we are driving) and my SIL and nephew who will be flying. I gave the flight info to the CM when I booked so that SIL can use ME. My question is: how far in advance do they send out the ME packet, and will I have enough time to forward it to SIL or should I call ME and have them sent directly to her address. Should everything go smoothly, how far in advance to they send out the packet?

I booked our trip for my family of 4 (we are driving) and my SIL and nephew who will be flying. I gave the flight info to the CM when I booked so that SIL can use ME. My question is: how far in advance do they send out the ME packet, and will I have enough time to forward it to SIL or should I call ME and have them sent directly to her address. Should everything go smoothly, how far in advance to they send out the packet?
DME will send it only to the primary person....the one who made the reservation. They usually send out the packets about 3-4 weeks prior to travel.
If, for some reason, you don't get the packet, just tell your SIL to go to baggage claim, get their bags, and then go to DME checkin. They will need ID, but DME will then print them out new bus vouchers and off they go, bags in hand, to the resort.

DME will send it only to the primary person....the one who made the reservation. They usually send out the packets about 3-4 weeks prior to travel.
If, for some reason, you don't get the packet, just tell your SIL to go to baggage claim, get their bags, and then go to DME checkin. They will need ID, but DME will then print them out new bus vouchers and off they go, bags in hand, to the resort.

Thanks so much!

So i went to put my luggage tags & magical express tags on my bags (leaving Saturday) and I realized they only sent me 3...we have 4 guests - they missed sending us a tag. So i panic & call - somehow my husband wasn't registered with magical express even though he is on the reservation. They told me not to worry & that they would find my bag, even without the tag. Supposedly this happens all the time...but of course I'm worried. Has anyone ever not used the luggage tags & just given your luggage claim ticket at the magical express counter?

We booked air tran through southwest, Im filling in the ME info for my dvc rental contract, the flight info is confusing me...as airline- do I put in southwest or airtran??? my email from southwest says
:flight #5463airtran operated by airtran #463
#5400 operated by airtran #400....

I checked the airtran site and the flight #'s are the ones without the 5's...what # do I put for ME??? Im so confused :confused3

update-I called SW they said if you put in the # w/o the 5 in front put in AirTran as your carrier but if you put in the 5 put in SW...he did agree that its confusing

I am sure this question has been asked many times before, but this thread is 111 pages long so I doubt I'll find it.

When I get to Disney, I think I'll allow my bags just to route directly to the resort via DME. I'll get there around early afternoon, and I want to enjoy the park for the rest of the night, even though my room won't be ready yet. My question is, what the heck do we do with our carry-ons while we go to the World after we arrive? Is it just as simple as taking DME to our resort and leaving our carry-ons with the resort somehow to be transported to our rooms? How does that work? Thanks in advance.

I am sure this question has been asked many times before, but this thread is 111 pages long so I doubt I'll find it.

When I get to Disney, I think I'll allow my bags just to route directly to the resort via DME. I'll get there around early afternoon, and I want to enjoy the park for the rest of the night, even though my room won't be ready yet. My question is, what the heck do we do with our carry-ons while we go to the World after we arrive? Is it just as simple as taking DME to our resort and leaving our carry-ons with the resort somehow to be transported to our rooms? How does that work? Thanks in advance.

First, your room may be ready for you even if you arrive early afternoon.

If not, you can check your carry on items at the luggage desk at your resort -- very easy. In my experience you'd pick these up yourself later on, but my experience is limited to the value resorts when doing this.

Your DME-checked bags will be delivered to your room, however.

Welcome to the DIS boards!!!
Your question is one a lot of people have!! As already noted, you room may very well be ready when you get there!! So, when you arrive at your resort, get checked in. If your room is ready, head there, freshen up, drop your carryon bags, and head back to the bus stop area and go to a park. If your room isn't ready? Leave those carryon bags with Bell Services/Luggage Assistence. You will be asked if you want to leave a cell number to get a text when your room is ready. So, drop the bags and head to a park. When you get back to the resort, you go to Bell Services/Luggage Assistence and get your carryon bags. Be sure to tip the CMs about $1 per bag! Then head to your room, where your checked bags should be waiting for you.
Any other questions, feel free to ask away!!!

Welcome to the DIS boards!!!
Your question is one a lot of people have!! As already noted, you room may very well be ready when you get there!! So, when you arrive at your resort, get checked in. If your room is ready, head there, freshen up, drop your carryon bags, and head back to the bus stop area and go to a park. If your room isn't ready? Leave those carryon bags with Bell Services/Luggage Assistence. You will be asked if you want to leave a cell number to get a text when your room is ready. So, drop the bags and head to a park. When you get back to the resort, you go to Bell Services/Luggage Assistence and get your carryon bags. Be sure to tip the CMs about $1 per bag! Then head to your room, where your checked bags should be waiting for you.
Any other questions, feel free to ask away!!!

Thanks! I'm guessing my room will probably be ready because I won't get there before noon and I will be going in the down season (September). This is the first time I've had to plan a Disney trip myself so I just want to make sure there aren't any surprises.

Also, is there a general opinion on the DIS boards about letting DME bring your luggage to your room vs. not using the tags and picking up the baggage yourself before taking DME transportation? Any horror stories of DME screwing up and not delivering your bags? I like the convenience of it, but the cynical traveler in me thinks it's a chance to start out the trip with a problem.

Thanks! I'm guessing my room will probably be ready because I won't get there before noon and I will be going in the down season (September). This is the first time I've had to plan a Disney trip myself so I just want to make sure there aren't any surprises.

Also, is there a general opinion on the DIS boards about letting DME bring your luggage to your room vs. not using the tags and picking up the baggage yourself before taking DME transportation? Any horror stories of DME screwing up and not delivering your bags? I like the convenience of it, but the cynical traveler in me thinks it's a chance to start out the trip with a problem.

The general concensus is very positive. ME has been running now for years, and it is seamless. They have it down to a science. Your luggage really WILL show up in your room. You do not have to worry. I've been using it for many, many trips, with absolutely not one single problem. My only advice to you, is not with your luggage, but with your most important valuables, such as laptops, IPads etc. I would ask at the front desk for a locker, I have done that before. And just leave the most valuable stuff there. You'll fill out a form asking what it's worth, they'll give you a key, and you're on your way. But this is up to you, I'm sure Bell services keeps it just as safe, but it's not worth the risk, but it's really a personal decision.

Well, I've used it more times than I can remember...haven't had an issue yet. Will be allowing them to take care of my bags in a few weeks. Not worried at all.
Just be sure to pack a carryon with anything you may need for the first 5 or so hours. I know that I like to be able to change my clothes or head to the pool when I arrive. If the room is ready, you can go, change, freshen up and then head out to do whatever you want!! No need to wait around for your checked bags to get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter