Disney's live-action The Little Mermaid debuted today on Disney+

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
While waiting for my dinner I got to see the live-action version of The Little Mermaid and from what I saw of it I can honestly say that this movie will score tons of Oscars at next year's Academy Awards. The scenery is so fantastic and makes it feel like you're really underwater and under the sea. And Hallie Bailey makes a perfect Ariel and she even sounds like Jodi Benson's Ariel so well it's very spooky but I did notice that the song Fathom's Below was not featured in the movie at the beginning scene. And the other thing I noticed is that the King Triton scene is different with the sisters minus Ariel greeting him instead of singing at a concert like in the animated The Little Mermaid. But why Sebastian is so creepy I couldn't figure out how they did it? The scene that was right on target was the sunken ship scene and you just got to love Jacob Tremblay in the Flounder role but Flounder in this version is more of a scaredy cat but brave at the same time and I was amazed how Jacob Tremblay played Flounder because I followed Jacob since he also did Luca in Disney's Luca and Jacob Tremblay is so darn cute and for a child actor he really knows how to make a character come to life so well. My mom also liked The Little Mermaid and wants to see it herself sometime. I would've finished seeing the rest of the movie but I had to eat my dinner but it's a great adaption of the animated The Little Mermaid

I watched it on a plane last week and I thought it was fine. One of the better live action remakes, but I'm just not a fan of them in general. At least this time they cast people who could actually sing without autotune.
I think my biggest annoyance was at the end when Triton made Ariel human. We didn't get the sparkly dress! Why? She was just wearing the same old dress she had throughout the movie. Such a letdown.

I saw it last night and was so so so sorry I didn't see it in a theater. I loved every minute of it. And I'd love to see a "the making of" feature about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter