Disney's Hollywood Studios Park Hours Extended Once Again!

JustADisneyDude

Earning My Ears
Good evening fellow DISers, hope all is going well on your day. I wanted to bring something your attention.

Disney's Hollywood Studios has once again extended it's park hours - read more here in an article I found whilst googling latest Walt Disney World news.

I have one question and one question only! :) Has anyone ever seen anything like this before in WDW park history? If you have, let me know in the replies. I'm fascinated.

Have a magical day!

- JustADisneyDude

Yes.

It's not really such a radical change.

It's not the change per say, it's more of how many times they've had to extended the park hours. If that makes sense! Hopefully it does, such a newbie discussing this subject.

This is actually pretty good for me. I'm going to be in Orlando from 1/14 - 1/21 with Disney days on 1/14 - 1/19 and Universal on 1/20-1/21. Our DHS day is supposed to be 1/15 and I'm happy that it's still an 8:00 opening so I don't have to wake up too early. Friday, 1/17 is supposed to be our Epcot day (or half day) and now with the earlier opening it might be easier to get another Rise of the Resistance BG and still head over to Epcot for rope drop.

It's not the change per say, it's more of how many times they've had to extended the park hours. If that makes sense! Hopefully it does, such a newbie discussing this subject.
It's really not unusual, especially for the last 5 years

Somehow I have a feeling March 1st is going to switch to evening EMH as well at some point. I guess that would be okay. Hopefully it opens an hour earlier too.

They haven't changed any for my dates Feb 18-20 (President's Day week). If no EMH are added, I am going to cancel my on-site stay. Had a glitch which prevented me from getting any of the hard to get FP 60+ days out, so EMH is the only onsite benefit worth anything. We are mostly going for DHS anyway. I will cancel a few days before my 30 day window so I can rebook FP. Those 6 AM EMH every day in Oct really spoiled me!

In all seriousness this helped me make a decision about general plans--I'd snagged a reservation for breakfast at Boma the day after I plan to hit DHS commando-style. I was already wondering if it was too long of a day to follow with a morning commitment, and the shift from 8 AM to 7 AM opening decided it for me. That's 13 park hours, plus transportation time--cancelled that ADR the next morning; 100% going back to the original plan to sleep in and not show up to AK until at least 10:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter