(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONE MORE SLEEP!!! (I think of it as a 1/2 sleep really, because we have to get up at 4am :rolleyes:)

We should be landing at MCO around noon tomorrow.:D

Hope everyone from this thread that is going soon has wonderful trips and perhaps is any of us strike up conversations with strangers at the GF, we can say hi in person to a new DIS friend:flower3:

Safe travels & Pixie Dust to you all :wave2:

Finally did some GCH @ DL comparison to WDW postings on the cl thread if interested. I will do views and some desserts when I can. Resizing pix is annoying,:sad2:

The cl experience was a nice add on as always but GF is so so much nicer! I am having a very crazy year. I did gf sl in March , GCH cl in June , then I have gv gf in Sept and gf rpc in December coming up.

It is a Grand Year indeed. :cloud9:

The quality of the food and drinks was the same it was just GCH was like comparing poly food to gf. Gf just has more at breakfast, snacks , appies and desserts.

The lounge space was nice and comfortable . We enjoyed the outdoor seating on the balcony, a nice quiet space. However it didn't have that view like CR or poly has.

You can tip at GCH , they accepted it.

They had some unique desserts in the afternoon and evening, yummy!

Alcohol was upon request like akl. I do not like standing and waiting to find someone to ask. Often dh was done with his snack before I could get my wine lol.

Overall if I go back to DLR I would pick GCH over dl and would do cl again if possible. The location of the resort was amazing! Dh wasn't happy about my switching resorts but once I saw new room pix I knew it would be a better choice. The tea sandwiches were loved by dd and dh. Dd's bf and I enjoyed the desserts! Having the resort on top of the park was so cool. We left the park and hit the lounge and back to park all day long !

Love seeing you all getting excited for your trip! :flower1:

Not far behind ya with 9/1-4 for dh and I . We did CR one night and then visited his parents then finished one night poly cl in May '13. Dh met dd and I once at bwi a night then she left and we had 1 night bc cl in Nov 15 .He wanted gf so we are doing non cl and doing f&W instead:drinking1. It should be a more slower paced trip than the dd trips!::yes::
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-564#post-58036709
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-564#post-58036764
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-564#post-58040036
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-and-questions.3414590/page-565#post-58040073

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone!

So many people at the GF, have fun!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Still 60 days for me and DH but I don't want to rush the summer.

I was wondering if someone at the GF can send some information on the BB. I heard its for the dates I am looking for next year, I like to be in WDW for anniversary which is early June. I heard its FD, but I was wondering when the dates are and when you can start booking and when it expires.

Also, I think I am late with this info, but did everyone see the the Dining Plan now offers and adult beverage???

We are leaving tomorrow for FL!
I'll be sure to post pics :)

Have a great trip! :yay: :yay:

Thirty-one days!!!!!

Hard to believe we will be back at the Grand, next month.

The time will go fast and you will be there before you know it! :wizard:

We will be there on Wednesday pixiedust:

Have a great time! :jumping1:

Single digits to our 1st EVER stay at the GFV or any of the Monorail resorts for that matter....Can't hardly wait...Thnx for all the great info in here!:thumbsup2

You will love staying on the monorail! Safe travels, have a great trip! :banana::banana:

ONE MORE SLEEP!!! (I think of it as a 1/2 sleep really, because we have to get up at 4am :rolleyes:)

We should be landing at MCO around noon tomorrow.:D

Have a great time! :cool1::cool1:

I think I am late with this info, but did everyone see the the Dining Plan now offers and adult beverage???

I saw that, too. Not sure of the exact price increase, but I think it went up around $10 :rolleyes1.

Good Morning Everyone!

So many people at the GF, have fun!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Still 60 days for me and DH but I don't want to rush the summer.

I was wondering if someone at the GF can send some information on the BB. I heard its for the dates I am looking for next year, I like to be in WDW for anniversary which is early June. I heard its FD, but I was wondering when the dates are and when you can start booking and when it expires.

Also, I think I am late with this info, but did everyone see the the Dining Plan now offers and adult beverage???
@WishesQueen , following! We had relatives at WDW early this week, and the 2017 Bounceback was still in the rooms at that time (with CMs not telling about 2018 BB). Eager to see if someone has gotten their hands on the 2018 BB, as well!

Just an FYI. I just tried to rent a cabana for Monday 8/28 for a half day and it was $158. I asked her to check since it says on page 1 that it is $110 plus tax and she checked and said it's actually supposed to be $199 for a half day:scared1: I just wanted to let anyone know who might be thinking of renting one that it's more money than listed.

Good Morning Everyone!

@WishesQueen , the new BB was released for stays until October 31 (my stay is Nov/Dec, so I guess another BB will be rolling out by then). It looks like it includes SOME June dates, so maybe you're in luck! A popular WDW fan site posted it a day or two ago, and I'm copy/pasting it from them.
  • Your Free Dining Bounce Back Offer must be booked for a return visit in 2018 during these time frames:
    • May 29 to June 5, 2018
    • June 29 to July 11, 2018
    • August 1 to September 8, 2018
    • December 7 to December 22, 2018
  • Free Quick Service Dining Plan for guests returning to a value or moderate resort
  • Free Disney Dining Plan for guests returning to a deluxe or deluxe villas resort
  • Minimum 2-day Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus ticket required
  • Minimum 3-night length of stay
  • Several rooms and resorts are excluded from the offers such as Little Mermaid Rooms at Art of Animation, Copper Creek Villas & Cabins, Bungalows at the Polynesian, Port Orleans – French Quarter and a few more
  • Port Orleans – Riverside is excluded from December 7 to December 22, 2018
  • Boardwalk Inn, Yacht Club, and Beach Club will be excluded August 1, 2018 and August 2, 2018 as well as August 4 to August 9, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter