(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if anyone has stayed TPV recently. Looking for recommendations for room / building. Read several pages on this thread and checked pictures listed of TPV but some several years old and not sure if tree situation is same.
Thanks for the help, Mky :mickeyjum

bumping up

That is a bummer that the bus stop is being refurbed. The bus stop location is one of the reasons we request Sago Cay. Oh well....whats a few more steps at Disney...LOL. At least it will be covered from the rain.

Safe travels to all who are leaving this upcoming week:drive: Maybe we will see some of you when we arrive on the 16th party:

mkymouse4ever - I have no personal experience with TPV rooms but I would not be worried about any trees blocking your view. I believe those rooms would be classified as lagoon view. I would just pick the location you like. Boca would be a great central location. Sago would be a little quieter. Happy planning!

Hello! :wave2:

I usually book a cash reservation for a 2 bedroom villa at BLT when we visit WDW, but there was no availability there, or anywhere for that matter, weeks ago when I kept checking online and calling in for June 2018. Then, finally, last week the cast member I was speaking with found a 2 bedroom villa at VFG for our dates [6/16-6/24] and I booked it then and there. [Does anyone know what's going on with availability for next year? I checked multiple times each day and there was nothing, from the value resorts right on up to the villas! I've never experienced that before!]

So, here I am. We've stayed at the Grand numerous times, but never at VGF. What are the 2 bedroom villas like? Photos? The pros and cons? Villa-wise, we've only ever stayed at BLT and AKV. Does VGF compare to those in any way, shape, or form? I think we're going to miss having the third bathroom, but from what I've seen online, it looks absolutely gorgeous and to say we're excited is an understatement!

TIA! :upsidedow

Can anyone explain in some greater detail as to where the bus stop has been temporarily been moved to? Also, does anyone have an idea as to how long this refurb is going to take? Is this like a 2-week refresh or a longer major reconstruction?

Can anyone explain in some greater detail as to where the bus stop has been temporarily been moved to? Also, does anyone have an idea as to how long this refurb is going to take? Is this like a 2-week refresh or a longer major reconstruction?

This picture shows where bus stop has been moved, the spot in front of main building where you wait for ME bus to return to airport. As of now there is no word as to how long refurb will take.

image1-4.jpeg

This picture shows where bus stop has been moved, the spot in front of main building where you wait for ME bus to return to airport. As of now there is no word as to how long refurb will take.

View attachment 259280

Thank you!!!

Ok - so it's basically right underneath the monorail station. Not so bad...Still undercover. I guess the only negative is that the monitors that display the bus arrival times are not available here.

Where is the normal bus stop in relation to this? I imagine this temporary location is better for some guests and worse for others...depending on your room location. We are checking into GF villas on 8/17. I'm thinking this temporary location is closer to villas, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone stayed at GF and needed to park two cars? Will they let you self park both, or do you have to valet one? TIA

Hello everyone! :wave:

I am anxiously planning my next birthday trip to WDW, and I'm 95% sure I want to spend it at the GF! I was determined to read everything here before posting, and I finally did it! (Yes, all 449 pages!)

My next birthday trip is over 3 years away, but I'm starting to look into it now because I'm that excited! After reading here I'm sure most people here won't think I'm crazy lol. Outside of the DIS, I justify it as having plenty of time to save!

My original plan was either the Poly or GF. Normally we stay off-site, so every opportunity to stay on site is a real treat! I've stayed at the Poly once, so I think a birthday trip is a great reason to try the GF! I'd like to stay in the main building, mostly for the monorail convenience. I know the main building is all club level, which is fine with me! It'll be my first club level experience anywhere! Since it's a short weekend trip, we'll probably spend more time in the parks than at the resort, but it'll be nice to take in as much of the beautiful GF as we can. I was advised on another thread to book 499 days in advance because my dates and location requests are so specific. I'm looking forward to reading more information and getting excellent advice from this thread as my planning and booking gets closer!

Fun fact: My birthday is the same day as Walt Disney's, so I can't imagine a better place to spend it! party:

Last edited:
Morning all!

ridiculous question I should know the answer to. Can I book fastpasses for two parks on the same day? Of course keeping the total to only 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter