Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I’m curious to see what the new pricing will be at 1900. Do you think it will be similar to Akershus?

To me it sounds like Disney was hoping to create a Wish (movie) theam restaurant, with characters that received gifts from their wishes. They probably had to do a hard pivot when the move failed to inspire most audiences (bombed at the box office).

We had to push our yearly May trip out to September but on the bright side we saw availability on a great discount rate so we switched our pre-cruise stay from CR to the GF!!! I am SO excited to see the new rooms, and bring my partner to my other favorite resort. We are doing 5 nights and then 4 nights on the Wish, plus one more night post cruise...it’s going to be so magical, I can’t wait.

Hi all, I have a booking in place but am seriously doubting my choices.

We are coming from the uk for trip number 8. We have 13 nights at Wilderness Lodge booked and as a special treat tagged on 5 nights at the Grand Floridian Club Level theme park view. The GF booking is costing a lot.

I have since watched vlogs where the GF is really really busy and one vlogger actually said they would not want to be staying there at that time of year but this was a couple of weeks after our stay. We will be checking in 17th November for 5 nights. I believe the Xmas tree won’t be up but the gingerbread house will be. Will it really be unbearable staying there?

We have just bought resale dvc (waiting for rofr) so could stay at the GF on our next planned trip in 2026 but it wouldn’t be club level.

Last edited:

We are coming from the uk for trip number 8. We have 13 nights at Wilderness Lodge booked and as a special treat tagged on 5 nights at the Grand Floridian Club Level theme park view. The GF booking is costing a lot.

I have since watched vlogs where the GF is really really busy and one vlogger actually said they would not want to be staying there at that time of year but this was a couple of weeks after our stay. We will be checking in 17th November for 5 nights. I believe the Xmas tree won’t be up but the gingerbread house will be. Will it really be unbearable staying there?

We have just bought resale dvc (waiting for rofr) so could stay at the GF on our next planned trip in 2026 but it wouldn’t be club level.
I think you’ll be fine. Thanksgiving is not until the following week, on November 28, and that is when you truly see the crowds come in. It’s a beautiful place to be for the holiday season! Enjoy!

I think you’ll be fine. Thanksgiving is not until the following week, on November 28, and that is when you truly see the crowds come in. It’s a beautiful place to be for the holiday season! Enjoy!
Thank you. It’s costing so much money that I want it to be perfect! I don’t mind it being busy but don’t want it be to so busy it spoils the experience. I can handle a queue for the gingerbread house although I think I have read somewhere that the club level concierge will shop on your behalf.

Thank you. It’s costing so much money that I want it to be perfect! I don’t mind it being busy but don’t want it be to so busy it spoils the experience. I can handle a queue for the gingerbread house although I think I have read somewhere that the club level concierge will shop on your behalf.
That’s correct! You’ll get a form in your room. Just fill it out and they’ll get it for you! Have a great trip!

Actually I had a question, as I adjust our trip in Touring Plans...my first stay here was before the room category changes and the DVC conversion of one of the buildings, and the TP room finder still reflects the old categories. If we are booked Resort View, which buildings does that include now? And which one is going to generally be the most convenient? I remember before I had requested Conch but I was staying TPV that time and ended up getting pixie dusted anyway.

Actually I had a question, as I adjust our trip in Touring Plans...my first stay here was before the room category changes and the DVC conversion of one of the buildings, and the TP room finder still reflects the old categories. If we are booked Resort View, which buildings does that include now? And which one is going to generally be the most convenient? I remember before I had requested Conch but I was staying TPV that time and ended up getting pixie dusted anyway.
Big Pine Key was converted to DVC. I think BPK is standard, Lake and Theme Park view. I’m DVC so not familiar with other buildings.

Sago, SL, BC not sure with Conch . Perhaps some of the rooms facing the pool on that end.

All of the buildings facing the courtyard pool side are resort. Lagoon can vary. It is of the lake but not with castle.

See the castle then thats TPV.

I don't love Sago , it feels to far from the action for me but it is nice to be close to walking path, buses and gaspies. Also easy to hop out at night to see the fireworks at gaspies.

BC mostly has good views except behind the pool house.

SL has a lovely view of the pool too.

Big Pine Key was converted to DVC. I think BPK is standard, Lake and Theme Park view. I’m DVC so not familiar with other buildings.
I thought it was BPK but I was unsure, thanks. We are staying in the hotel part this time.
Sago, SL, BC not sure with Conch . Perhaps some of the rooms facing the pool on that end.

All of the buildings facing the courtyard pool side are resort. Lagoon can vary. It is of the lake but not with castle.

See the castle then thats TPV.

I don't love Sago , it feels to far from the action for me but it is nice to be close to walking path, buses and gaspies. Also easy to hop out at night to see the fireworks at gaspies.

BC mostly has good views except behind the pool house.

SL has a lovely view of the pool too.
Ahhh I keep forgetting they got rid of SL CL. If that's an option for resort view I think I'll request it. I love where it's at.

We were there the week before that this past year. I didn't find it unbearably crowded. The Gingerbread house area did get crowded in the evenings. The Club Lounge was never very crowded. The line to buy things at the Gingerbread house would get long later in the day, so I "rope dropped" it one morning to get the goodies I wanted and it worked our perfectly.

The tree will probably go up while you are there.

We were there the week before that this past year. I didn't find it unbearably crowded. The Gingerbread house area did get crowded in the evenings. The Club Lounge was never very crowded. The line to buy things at the Gingerbread house would get long later in the day, so I "rope dropped" it one morning to get the goodies I wanted and it worked our perfectly.

The tree will probably go up while you are there.
Thank you for your reply.

My husband is still having palpations at the cost of the GF part of our trip! In the UK we get deals for stays longer than 5 days so got a 'free' dining credit for the Wilderness Lodge part plus we get good deals on tickets where we get 14 days (can use over 18 days) for the price of 7. We have had to pay rack rate for the GF which is ridiculous but my husband was involved in a serious road accident last year. It could have easily been fatal but thankfully there is no lasting damage so we thought 'You only live once' and splashed out this year.

I

We are from the UK too and own at VGF. We stayed there for a week in December 22. It IS very busy in the lobby. Definitely made just sitting and listening to the piano a less enjoyable experience! But otherwise, for how much time you spend in the lobby, it doesn’t ruin the vacation or the resort at all. Plus you get to go see the gingerbread house early before the lobby gets busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter