Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We're going in July, and have been advised to expect "some minor aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through Summer 2024. This will include some minor work to the exterior of the Main Building and the lobby will also be undergoing some enhancements, but will remain fully accessible"
Was this an email from Disney for a July 2024 stay? I've had reservations for April 2024 since August and no email so far other than the website banner.

An FYI to anyone staying in Big Pine Key right now. We found a roach in our room last night. And another roach came running into our room this morning from the hallway. I believe the first roach was German. The second one appears to be a Palmetto. Check your luggage, etc. before checking out.

We were compensated by the hotel manager.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpeg
    IMG_0510.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 45
Are all the hotel rooms renovated? Sounds like the club rooms are done (Sugarloaf). I know the DVC buildings are done (Original and Big Pine Key). So, anyone been to Boca Chica, Conch Key, or Sago Key?

Attachments

• IMG_0399.jpeg
    IMG_0399.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 16

Are all the hotel rooms renovated? Sounds like the club rooms are done (Sugarloaf). I know the DVC buildings are done (Original and Big Pine Key). So, anyone been to Boca Chica, Conch Key, or Sago Key?
I’m not sure from your post, Sugarlaof is no longer outer building club level.
SL does have a 1 and 2 bedroom suite with Club Access.

The rest of the buildings are done, I have been in Sago, Conch, BC and RPC since remodel. They are gorgeous!

Anyone at the Grand now that can comment on what's going on with the lobby? I haven't seen anything regarding the refurbishment starting. Starting to wonder if they will just wait until after Easter if they haven't started already. Especially with Easter being earlier this year...

Anyone at the Grand now that can comment on what's going on with the lobby? I haven't seen anything regarding the refurbishment starting. Starting to wonder if they will just wait until after Easter if they haven't started already. Especially with Easter being earlier this year...
I’m also curious what they will do with the rooms in RPC above the lobby.

I have had an eye on social media and have not seen anything. You may be right about the early Easter 🤔👍

It’s a 3rd party site. Disney does not show them as cl. Since Covid reopening CL has been closed. We stayed in Oct 2020at GF and the lounge was dismantled. We loved SL! I miss it.
Does Disney have a room finder site? I let Len know at Touring Plans. I think Disney shares details with him directly. As you guys know, Touring Plans is an awesome resource, even for us pros. Very good value for $20/year.

Does Disney have a room finder site?
Unfortunately not.
I let Len know at Touring Plans. I think Disney shares details with him directly. As you guys know, Touring Plans is an awesome resource, even for us pros. Very good value for $20/year.
Yep I love it too. I check room numbers for my resorts before arrival so when I check in I know if my room is a good one.
I also like it to see hotel layout. BC/YC and BWI have very confusing hallways lol! I impressed dd with my knowledge the past few years. Finding exits that were more convenient that sort of thing.

Hey everyone! Quick question. Now that all of the rooms have been refurbished, aside from location, is there an actual difference between the resort studios and the normal resort rooms (i.e. resort studio theme park view vs normal theme park view room)?

Please tell me a pogmosa is a drink I can order in restaurants/resorts ❤️ I love pog juice.
I have seen it randomly. Kona had it. You have to look at menu for POG but it sometimes listed as Papaya, orange and Guava juice written out . i have seen it with Rum at Epcot and HS, it’s good that way too.

Hey everyone! Quick question. Now that all of the rooms have been refurbished, aside from location, is there an actual difference between the resort studios and the normal resort rooms (i.e. resort studio theme park view vs normal theme park view room)?
Resort studios have a microwave, paper plates, and individually wrapped plastic utensils. Regular cash rooms do not. Big Pine Key (building where resort studios are located) hallways also have self service towels/sheets and garbage/towel returns. Those are the only differences.

Resort studios have a microwave, paper plates, and individually wrapped plastic utensils. Regular cash rooms do not. Big Pine Key (building where resort studios are located) hallways also have self service towels/sheets and garbage/towel returns. Those are the only differences.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter