Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

So are the rooms that are Mary Poppins themed the DVC studio rooms or are the regular resort rooms also Mary Poppins? The photos look old and all the options are throwing me a bit.

So are the rooms that are Mary Poppins themed the DVC studio rooms or are the regular resort rooms also Mary Poppins? The photos look old and all the options are throwing me a bit.
The updated Mary Poppins room is the same for cash rooms and DVC resort studios in Big Pine Key. The only differences are the DVC resort studios all have 2 queen beds, a microwave, and some glasses and paper plates. Cash rooms can have a king bed and won't have the additional DVC studio items.

This is what you can expect to see on both sides of the resort:

1703055365188.png

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...oms-coming-to-disneys-grand-floridian-resort/

The original DVC Villa building is completely different.

The updated Mary Poppins room is the same for cash rooms and DVC resort studios in Big Pine Key. The only differences are the DVC resort studios all have 2 queen beds, a microwave, and some glasses and paper plates. Cash rooms can have a king bed and won't have the additional DVC studio items.

This is what you can expect to see on both sides of the resort:

View attachment 819039

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2022...oms-coming-to-disneys-grand-floridian-resort/

The original DVC Villa building is completely different.
Thank you! Mary Poppins is one of my favorites so I was hoping that was the answer.

Quick question does each outer building have its own laundry room.We always stay in one bedroom villas and last trip we stayed at boardwalk regular room because I booked last minute and used their laundry room and it was fine. We decided to not book a villa again and do a regular room at grand for our next trip so I was wondering if each outer building has its own laundry room

Quick question does each outer building have its own laundry room.We always stay in one bedroom villas and last trip we stayed at boardwalk regular room because I booked last minute and used their laundry room and it was fine. We decided to not book a villa again and do a regular room at grand for our next trip so I was wondering if each outer building has its own laundry room
Page 1, Post 1 of this Thread lists the laundry locations at The Grand. Hope that helps.

Any idea if the construction should be completed by May 2024?

GF is usually our go to but wondering if we are better off going elsewhere this year..the lobby being walled off would be a huge bummer

It doesn’t appear that they’ve released a refurbishment schedule yet for the lobby, but my guess is they will restart right after the holidays and work on it this winter.

GF is usually our go to but wondering if we are better off going elsewhere this year..the lobby being walled off would be a huge bummer
We're going in July, and have been advised to expect "some minor aspects of this ongoing period of enhancement will continue to take place during your stay through Summer 2024. This will include some minor work to the exterior of the Main Building and the lobby will also be undergoing some enhancements, but will remain fully accessible"

Are all the rooms in the main building finally renovated to the new theme? I saw a video of the deluxe room in the main building that was updated, but debating if I want to keep my current reservation with deluxe. I think it's only $50 more than resort view.

also curious about this - we'd like to do a bucket list stay in the main building but not if the lobby is walled off

Basin White Luxury Bath Store Closed at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

A message printed on the door clings reads:

Please pardon our appearance. This area is being refurbished for your future enjoyment.

1704742763969.jpeg

Based on the presence of the Basin White branding, it is possible that this could just be a refurbishment rather than a complete replacement. However, nothing is confirmed.

A look down the pathway with Basin White off to the right. All of the windows and doors are covered.

The window clings extend to every window of the storefront.

A potential replacement for Basin White or whether the store will return once refurbishment is complete is unknown. A Basin location is still open at Disney Springs.

Are all the rooms in the main building finally renovated to the new theme? I saw a video of the deluxe room in the main building that was updated, but debating if I want to keep my current reservation with deluxe. I think it's only $50 more than resort view.
I had one in November 4th floor and my friend same deluxe 3rd floor NYE. The rooms are gorgeous! Keep it!

I posted lots of pix on club level thread late November if needed.

Currently staying in a resort studio. A large crane parked outside the Villas today. Looks like they’re working on the roof. Was this planned? Maybe damage from the wind last night? I don’t recall seeing it when I checked in a few days ago.

IMG_0339.jpeg

are the mattresses any different from the DVC resort studios and the GF hotel rooms?
Funny you ask. I just switched from a cash room (water view, 2 queens) to a resort studio (theme park view). I checked both mattresses in each room. They’re identical. 2022 production date.

Edit: Took a photo of the tag for you.
IMG_0342.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter