Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

img_8511-jpeg.814415
00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjmqi7Fci_DtIRZyiewPo_SrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

@mrsap this is basically our request for a room every time we stay. It’s the best 💕. We’ve been in the studio and 1 bedroom separately, and also when we stayed in a 2 bedroom lock off. We don’t ever ask for specific room numbers, but luckily they put us there each time. Magical!

Second question, then.....do you think it's "too much" to rent a cabana for two people? :earboy2: I really want to enjoy the amenity of having a cabana, mostly for the included wait staff. (other family waited too long to book at GF, you snooze you lose!) I think I might do it for just my mom and I :)

Anyone have recent experiences with GF cabanas? Would love to know!
Update -- Cabana prices are at $297 (tax incl.) for a full day in late January/early February. CM on the phone told me that 1/2 day rentals are not an option unless maybe I book "on location".

Update -- Cabana prices are at $297 (tax incl.) for a full day in late January/early February. CM on the phone told me that 1/2 day rentals are not an option unless maybe I book "on location".
Ouch - that's a high price for "off-season". We rented one last month and enjoyed it as the fun splurge it is, but I think I would hesitate to do it again with the price increase. (The rate was $265.) The first time we rented one back in 2021 there were fresh flowers in the cabana, a speaker (which we didn't use) and a charging station for our electronics. None of that was included this time around. I do really like it for check-in day though, because it's a great "home base" when you're without a room. Just not a fan of these price increases!

We are coming from the uk From 4th November 14 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 4 nights club level theme park view at the Grand Floridian. Really hoping the Christmas tree will be up at GF for our visit.

We are coming from the uk From 4th November 14 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 4 nights club level theme park view at the Grand Floridian. Really hoping the Christmas tree will be up at GF for our visit.
So GF November 18-22/2024?

The Gingerbread house will be up. The resorts however set up trees and decor different each year. It might be up by the the time you leave, it depends on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately 2024 it is 11/28. That means resorts will be done by then but it’s a maybe in time for you . 🤞🏻it is 🎄

Hi guys! Just wanted to give a heads up that it was just posted, on one of the groups I follow, that the white barrier walls surrounding The Grand (from Gaspy’s to GF Cafe) have come down.

ETA: my pic from a couple weeks ago:

1702589348809.jpeg

Photo online, taken today:

1702589397248.png

Last edited:
Grand Floridian Refurbishment Update - December 2023

From the monorail platform (below), construction walls are visible down at ground level.

Disneys Grand Floridian Resort Refurbishment 202312h

Scaffolding and construction crews are clearly visible on the upper floors as the roof is replaced, and siding repaired and repainted.

Disneys Grand Floridian Resort Refurbishment 202312e

All along the back of the building, lifts are raised and lowered as needed to help accommodate workers.

Disneys Grand Floridian Resort Refurbishment 202312g

From the walkway near the DVC building, workers and more scaffolding can be seen renovating upper floors of the building exterior. Additional walls surround the Main Building nearest the Beach Pool.

Disneys Grand Floridian Resort Refurbishment 202312a

Disney has not provided any indication of how much longer the work may take to complete. In fact, some believe that after the holiday season, additional renovations will begin again inside the resort's main lobby. At this time, all resort amenities, shops and restaurants are operating normally, with the exception of 1900 Park Farewhich has not reopened following the COVID-19 pandemic.

* I removed a couple of pictures as it appears they were taken prior to the barrier wall removal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter