Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Wanted to note that “Hey Disney” is now in the VGF rooms. They were not here during my August trip, so it’s a nice addition. They were also in our Copper Creek room.

IMG_8388.jpeg

Some construction pics… doesn’t look like much has been done since recent pics have been posted.View attachment 813153View attachment 813154View attachment 813155View attachment 813156View attachment 813159
(There’s still another one on the right side of the Villas entrance too.)
Thanks for the update!

Doesn't look like much has changed since I was there 2 weeks ago...you'd think they'd have the rest of those white walls in the back down by now, but they don't seem to be in a hurry. Maybe they just want to use it as a staging area. I look forward to the day when there is NO construction at the Grand any longer! I have no regrets in staying there, but it did change the atmosphere and overall "feeling" a bit, not going to lie. We are fortunate to know we'll be back to our "home" resort many times in the future though.

Good afternoon from The Grand!

Just arrived from WL and wow, it’s crowded. Honestly never saw the lobby like this before!!

View attachment 813146View attachment 813147
View attachment 813144View attachment 813145
Now, that’s a fun split stay! I’m so sorry the lobby has been inundated with visitors for you. We have had two festive season GF stays. While the crowds were large (and a little frustrating at the time), we have only lovely memories from those stays.

You have some gorgeous photos, though. Hopefully, in the days and years to come, you’ll be able to look back and smile broadly! :D:cloud9::santa:

Now, that’s a fun split stay! I’m so sorry the lobby has been inundated with visitors for you. We have had two festive season GF stays. While the crowds were large (and a little frustrating at the time), we have only lovely memories from those stays.

You have some gorgeous photos, though. Hopefully, in the days and years to come, you’ll be able to look back and smile broadly! :D:cloud9::santa:
Thanks!! Honestly, the lobby crowd doesn’t bother me. I’m here enough to know it’s a holiday crowd. I have plenty of days to go back and enjoy the tree. 😊

Thanks for the update!

Doesn't look like much has changed since I was there 2 weeks ago...you'd think they'd have the rest of those white walls in the back down by now, but they don't seem to be in a hurry. Maybe they just want to use it as a staging area. I look forward to the day when there is NO construction at the Grand any longer! I have no regrets in staying there, but it did change the atmosphere and overall "feeling" a bit, not going to lie. We are fortunate to know we'll be back to our "home" resort many times in the future though.
Doesn’t seem like much has changed or moved 😂 I don’t think any machinery has been turned back on since then! I’m wondering if they put a halt to everything until after the holidays? I too thought the walls would have been gone by now, especially in the areas the scaffolding is down. I think this is my 4th or 5th stay here with construction going on. It just doesn’t bother me. I love being here, so I guess it’s easy for me to look past. I’ll keep you guys updated if I see any activity while I’m here!! 🙂

Is the walkway to MK open?
If so, what are the hours? Does it stay open to let Christmas Party guests head back after midnight?
It does close for : EWP to come out and get put back, perhaps for special fireworks.
What is nice is that the mono, boat launch and walking path all in the same area exiting MK . If path is closed I’ll hop on boat, if line is huge I’ll go on mono.
Back when parks 1st reopened post covid and they limited guests boarding transportation and MK path wasn’t available we walked to CR and hopped on mono from there to poly or gf. No one was boarding at CR late so we always got on.

Good Morning all!

It’s a bit overcast and chilly this morning, but going up to 74 at some point. Might attempt to go over to the pool today. While it’s still a bit too cold for me to swim, I think it would be nice to go and visit my favorite pool bar CM! 🍹😜

IMG_8401.jpeg

Last edited:
Good Morning all!

It’s a bit overcast and chilly this morning, but going up to 74 at some point. Might attempt to go over to the pool today. While it’s still a bit too cold for me to swim, I think it would be nice to go and visit my favorite pool bar CM! 🍹😜

View attachment 813362
Glad you're having a great time! If you get a chance, could you ask the front desk if they have any scavenger hunts? I asked when I was there for Halloween and they said they were in the process of developing a new one that would be available soon - just curious if it's out now and what it is. Thanks! 😁

Good Morning all!

View attachment 813362
Beautiful view! 1700938167239.png Can you see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from your room? Look forward to hearing your news! Have a great time! ❤️

It ended up being a beautiful day!

Beautiful view! I can’t wait to be there, I love GF! I’m trying to pack for next week, and argh. Talk about temperature swings. I am just bringing everything I can think of. Also, it looks like Christmas puked in my bag with all the red and green.

Beautiful view! I can’t wait to be there, I love GF! I’m trying to pack for next week, and argh. Talk about temperature swings. I am just bringing everything I can think of. Also, it looks like Christmas puked in my bag with all the red and green.
Yep I added an extra bag cause Southwest they are free and I’m mosaic with JetBlue 2 bags free.

Hard to tell. I wear skorts /shorts capris upstate 60-72. 72 up to me is hot. However the water chill from lakes can make it feel colder. Yep I packed it all.

Some red n green as well 😊

Glad you're having a great time! If you get a chance, could you ask the front desk if they have any scavenger hunts? I asked when I was there for Halloween and they said they were in the process of developing a new one that would be available soon - just curious if it's out now and what it is. Thanks! 😁
Just asked on my way to the monorail. They said no. Sorry about that.☹️

Yep I added an extra bag cause Southwest they are free and I’m mosaic with JetBlue 2 bags free.

Hard to tell. I wear skorts /shorts capris upstate 60-72. 72 up to me is hot. However the water chill from lakes can make it feel colder. Yep I packed it all.

Some red n green as well 😊

2 nights in the 40’s, and then all the way up to the 80’s next week, argh. I lost almost 20 lbs this year so nothing fits me anymore, and I’ve been dragging my feet to buy smaller stuff. I just panic bought a hoodie and another pair of leggings to pick up today so I can avoid buying an ugly, $$$🤑 sweatshirt at WDW when it’s colder than I’m expecting.

Back to the topic. Yay! So excited for BWI and then GF! Have fun today, ladies! Think of me while I’m pretending to care at work tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter