Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort 'Sold Out' for the Second Time

Twenty months after opening sales for an additional phase of resort development, Disney Vacation Club has declared that The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort is again "sold out."

Like other "sold out" destinations, DVC will occasional reacquire points through foreclosures and exercising its Right of First Refusal. However a price increase and the elimination of all promotional incentives for Grand Floridian points is expected.

It’s nice having young friends. Took me forever to figure out how you put Happy Halloween in there!

I always wondered but today I finally looked around. Thx!

Boo to You 👻
😂 Love ya girl! I’m here to help if you ever need it!!

I'm kind of sad seeing these step by step photos of the gingerbread house being assembled. I've only ever seen the completed structure. Until now, I honestly thought the entire thing was made of gingerbread, not just laid over an actual mini house. I figured there was a sturdy frame made of non edible material but I thought the walls and roof were solid gingerbread. Ignorance was bliss in this case. 😭

I'm kind of sad seeing these step by step photos of the gingerbread house being assembled. I've only ever seen the completed structure. Until now, I honestly thought the entire thing was made of gingerbread, not just laid over an actual mini house. I figured there was a sturdy frame made of non edible material but I thought the walls and roof were solid gingerbread. Ignorance was bliss in this case. 😭
I think it was 15 years or so ago we arrived and watched it get set up. It is a little disappointing at 1st but it is fun to watch it go up and down in person. I have seen one or the other many times.

When you arrive to the lobby and see it you forget about the "house" and only see gingerbread :)

Hey everyone! I just got back from a short girls trip with my sister. Our arrival day was last Saturday and we stopped by the GF that evening for drinks, truffle fries, and watched HEA from the marina. Thanks for the tip about viewing the show from there. She went on and on about how good the wine and fries were. It was a highlight for her - and me, too! 🥰

Oh, oh, oh, I peeked into the lobby at Sugarloaf. The renovation is soooo pretty! I can't wait to stay at The Grand again one day.

I think it was 15 years or so ago we arrived and watched it get set up. It is a little disappointing at 1st but it is fun to watch it go up and down in person. I have seen one or the other many times.

When you arrive to the lobby and see it you forget about the "house" and only see gingerbread :)
It’s fun to anticipate the finished house. I don’t mind seeing the sausage being made as the festive finish is still to come. It is not as much fun to see it all come down in the New Year. In fact, I got quite misty during our last Christmas/New Year stay as the house and tree came down and it became a metaphor for leaving our happy place. So, I do enjoy these pre-gingerbread pics. Ah, memories! :santa:

Update: Check Out the Grand Floridian Gingerbread House Today!

Grand-Floridian-Gingerbread-HouseG_5129-300x225.jpg

Grand Floridian Gingerbread House

Grand-Floridian-Gingerbread-HouseG_5140-300x225.jpg

Food Guide to Walt Disney World Gingerbread House Displays During 2023 Holiday Season

Now heading over to Walt Disney World Resort, we’re stopping by Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for their life-sized Gingerbread House! This beloved tradition is back again for its 24th year from Nov. 8 through Jan. 1, 2024, and is filled with plenty of sweet delights and decorations. All across this house, you’ll find white chocolate candy canes, edible snowflakes, sugar poinsettias, and over 10,000 pieces of gingerbread. Not to mention the 85 lb. chocolate Santa (yes, you heard that right), nutcrackers, toy soldiers, and snowmen that are all hand-painted by the Grand Floridian Bakery team led by Pastry Chef de Cuisine Kristine Farmer. The 500 hours spent baking gingerbread and 480 hours spent decorating are well worth it. Be on the lookout for the 24 hidden Mickeys found throughout the entire display to see if you can find them all.

Grand Floridian Gingerbread House Menu

If you’re looking to take a taste of gingerbread and the holidays home with you, you’re in luck because this display has quite the lineup of treats available for purchase that will dazzle your taste buds, including:
  • Freshly baked, homemade items, such as Gingerbread Mickeys and Shingles, Stollen Bread, Brownie Christmas Tree, and Gingersnap Cookies
  • House-made Gingerbread Ornaments and Gingerbread Houses
  • Assorted Gingerbread Cookie Bags, Marshmallow Pops, and Milk Chocolate Pecan Fudge
  • Grand Floridian Combo Box featuring assorted fan favorite treats, including the cookies n’ cream Christmas Tree, exclusive to this box
  • Plant-based, no sugar added, and gluten-friendly options

It’s fun to anticipate the finished house. I don’t mind seeing the sausage being made as the festive finish is still to come. It is not as much fun to see it all come down in the New Year. In fact, I got quite misty during our last Christmas/New Year stay as the house and tree came down and it became a metaphor for leaving our happy place. So, I do enjoy these pre-gingerbread pics. Ah, memories! :santa:
Sorry to be redundant, but when did they start taking it down during your past trip? I'm considering a last minute post Christmas/NYE trip! thanks

Sorry to be redundant, but when did they start taking it down during your past trip? I'm considering a last minute post Christmas/NYE trip! thanks
If I can get my memory working, I believe the house was demolished on January 2 or 3. The shop closed around Boxing Day. But the house itself remained until the New Year. The tree was taken down a few days later.

Foodie Guide to Holidays at Walt Disney World Resort 2023

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Gasparilla Island Grill
(Available Dec. 1 through 31; mobile order available)
  • Present Peppermint Brownie Pop: Brownie filled with house-made peppermint patty enrobed in white chocolate (New)
  • Snowman Choux: Pâte à choux filled with spiced mousse and chocolate Bavarian cream

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter