Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Can you tell if they are painting buildings as well? I read somewhere that they would be, but they didn't give a specific time table of what weeks for each building like the pressure washing.
I haven’t seen any painting today. Just the pressure washing on our building, Boca Chica, and the large scale work being done on the exterior of the main building.

Even though the pressure washers happened to be right outside when we arrived they were pretty expedient and now the only signs they were here is a cleaner balcony.

Can you tell if they are painting buildings as well? I read somewhere that they would be, but they didn't give a specific time table of what weeks for each building like the pressure washing.
The painting is scheduled for the original DVC building only and is scheduled to go through January 2024 according to the article that was posted in this forum a few days ago. Per pictures posted on WDWNT, it has started already.

I am my DM’s carer. She is now wheelchair bound and will, most likely, not travel again. So, It will be quite a while until our next WDW trip and GF stay. Here I sit, Official WDW soundtrack album playing in the background (I am up to Impressions de France), and wearing out my index fingers ‘liking’ posts on this thread. It’s remarkable just how happy I am to see all the reports and photos from our dear GFers! Thank you all for keeping me almost sane.

I am my DM’s carer. She is now wheelchair bound and will, most likely, not travel again. So, It will be quite a while until our next WDW trip and GF stay. Here I sit, Official WDW soundtrack album playing in the background (I am up to Impressions de France), and wearing out my index fingers ‘liking’ posts on this thread. It’s remarkable just how happy I am to see all the reports and photos from our dear GFers! Thank you all for keeping me almost sane.
Your an amazing daughter, stay strong! I am here doing the something, minus the beautiful soundtrack Your going to have an amazing trip one day....BTW I have to go find that soundtrack I would love that. Thanks for sharing!

Your an amazing daughter, stay strong! I am here doing the something, minus the beautiful soundtrack Your going to have an amazing trip one day....BTW I have to go find that soundtrack I would love that. Thanks for sharing!

This is the cover. My goodness, I think we purchased it during a trip in 2014. (Wow, what happened to that decade?!) It's still a good musical companion when you wish to bring lovely WDW memories to the surface. I would think this particular album would be quite difficult to find these days. Although, someone’s bound to have uploaded it to YouThingy or Spotify.

WDW Album 1.jpg

This is the cover. My goodness, I think we purchased it during a trip in 2014. (Wow, what happened to that decade?!) It's still a good musical companion when you wish to bring lovely WDW memories to the surface. I would think this particular album would be quite difficult to find these days. Although, someone’s bound to have uploaded it to YouThingy or Spotify.

View attachment 794283
Old school Disney vinyl…. Love it!!!

Just booked a theme park view room for the 3rd & 4th July next year after having such a wonderful stay there for the first time this year over that same period. Was looking for the 4th & 5th July ideally but it looks like the 5th is already booked up for theme park view rooms that aren’t club level. Just need to put a room/building request in now.

Just booked a theme park view room for the 3rd & 4th July next year after having such a wonderful stay there for the first time this year over that same period. Was looking for the 4th & 5th July ideally but it looks like the 5th is already booked up for theme park view rooms that aren’t club level. Just need to put a room/building request in now.
I had the end of conch twice. It faces the boat dock and you can watch the boats come and go. It also seems closer to lobby vs BC. I am not a fan of sago.
If you look at a map the conch rooms are closest to the castle.

I had the end of conch twice. It faces the boat dock and you can watch the boats come and go. It also seems closer to lobby vs BC. I am not a fan of sago.
If you look at a map the conch rooms are closest to the castle.
Tagging on here - would you say for resort view room, request Conch (over Sago or BC)? Thanks.

So are the CL rooms available to book? I’m not seeing any, so I’m not sure if they are sold out.
So I have been looking Sept -January and not a single RPC room or outer building suite to book. Knowing Disney IT they can’t figure out how to do it so tomorrow when it opens , ALL THE DATES will show up.

That is just my best guess. I remembered later with CL reopenings rooms did not show up right away then either.

Im going to look tomorrow. I’d love 11/28-30 but have Poly Water view at $565….

Good luck for those looking to grab a RPC room.

Those that booked earlier please send pix when you arrive.

We were at the Grand twice last week. Thursday night we were hanging out waiting for a storm to end and noticed workers on the 4th floor lounge area. We were back at the Grand on Saturday night for dinner and rode the elevator with a concierge cast member and a guest. We did not recognize the concierge cast member at all, but I asked if the lounge had reopened, and she said they were starting a soft reopening and only a few guests were there at the moment. We are scheduled to stay there Oct. 8, and we are super excited to see how everything looks.

For resort view Sugar Loaf would be the most conveniently located. It's no longer club level so I would personally request that.
Thanks. I would LOVE to request Sugar Loaf, but was under the impression these rooms were still club rooms, even though no club lounge in Sugar Loaf. I guess I assumed they were club level access at RPC (in main building). Or is that only for suites in Sugar Loaf?

I think many of conch are TPV and Water view. I agree with Polyrob I’d choose SL. Nice location and great view of courtyard pool.
Here’s some pix. View attachment 794886View attachment 794887View attachment 794888View attachment 794889pix room 6314.
Thanks. I would LOVE sugar loaf, but was under the impression these rooms were still club rooms, even though no club lounge in Sugar Loaf. I guess I assumed they were club level access at RPC (in main building). Or is that only for suites in Sugar Loaf?

We were at the Grand twice last week. Thursday night we were hanging out waiting for a storm to end and noticed workers on the 4th floor lounge area. We were back at the Grand on Saturday night for dinner and rode the elevator with a concierge cast member and a guest. We did not recognize the concierge cast member at all, but I asked if the lounge had reopened, and she said they were starting a soft reopening and only a few guests were there at the moment. We are scheduled to stay there Oct. 8, and we are super excited to see how everything looks.
Thank you for sharing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter