• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

:oops: Ughhh...so does this mean they are adding scaffolding to the main Villas building as well?! Can anyone there now post some pictures?
This happened to us in 2021 at the Yacht Club. They used those JLG lifts for the washing and painting and it was a huge disturbance during the daytime. Plus we got a great view all week of those lifts, the bright orange mesh fences around them, and huge drop tarps from our Garden View balcony. The balcony was off limits the one day they were washing it then we didn't use it after that becasue they left all the junk and paint chips that came off of the building all over the balcony floor and furniture. The painting came after our stay so I can't speak to how that affected use of the balcony.

This happened to us in 2021 at the Yacht Club. They used those JLG lifts for the washing and painting and it was a huge disturbance during the daytime. Plus we got a great view all week of those lifts, the bright orange mesh fences around them, and huge drop tarps from our Garden View balcony. The balcony was off limits the one day they were washing it then we didn't use it after that becasue they left all the junk and paint chips that came off of the building all over the balcony floor and furniture. The painting came after our stay so I can't speak to how that affected use of the balcony.
That sounds awful! This is really frustrating to me - I don't understand why they didn't handle this at the same time they refurbished these rooms last year, because the room would have already been out of service at that time. Less disturbance that way vs doing it while there are guests staying in every room. I really thought at this point the only building left to paint was the main building.

Well, I’ll just have to hope for a few days delay in the schedule. We’re checking in to our resort studio villa on 9/26, checking out 10/1. If I’m correct in the building numbers, BPK is scheduled to start on 9/29. Aargh.

Here I thought I’d dodged a bullet with the lobby being pretty much fully reopened in time for our trip. Now our water view room (only availability at 7 month start date) probably won’t have such a great water view for 1/3 of our stay (one of our resort days too).

I know, I know, first world problems. But this is an expensive, once in a decade trip. Last time we were in WDW (17 years ago), a moderate resort was stretching things. This time was going to be a realization of a dream splurge trip. Guess reality is gate crashing this time.

Oh no, that is… less than ideal…
They're pressure washing building 5 while we are there. If I go and check-in early in the morning (I know a room won't be ready by then) and request a view of the main pool the pressure washing should be out of sight, right?

Thank you so much! Looks like as far as the pressure washing schedule, we should be fine. Any insight into what the painting schedule will be?
According to the blog posted by @GADisneyDad14 it states:

“The exterior painting at the Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa began on September 5 and will continue through the middle of January 2024. In order to make this as seamless as possible, Guests staying in the affected rooms will find letters in their room advising them that this project is taking place. The painting should only occur from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and will not occur overnight.”

I’m assuming this will be daily. It affects the Villas building only.

ER has a to go section. At main entrance it is a little roped off section to the left. They now have these nice plastic cups, they used to be the clear basic water glasses.

I grabbed these for dd. An espresso martini and a cosmo. I had a bucket of ice in the room so laid the cosmo on that while we rested before mnsshp.
I am happy to say the have added my Simi Cab to Sandy Cove to purchase! It’s my fav wine and home and much better than the other stuff they sell😅

Also we saw the shuttle launch from the boat on the way back from mnsshp! I has to screen shot the video dd took but still it was pretty big and bright in person.
71590092227__215B8F2B-62C5-4DF4-AC75-BDB0A7AED414.fullsizerender.jpeg
IMG_0004931FEFD9-1.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter