Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We might be doing a split stay btwn OKW and GF, and hubby will need to work remotely only on the day we transfer hotels. Is there a space for him to work at GF while we wait for our GF DVC studio to be ready? Anywhere with wifi and AC...?

Yeah, I was going to say BPK lobby too. You never know how noisy people coming/going will be, if housekeepers are there vacuuming the lobby, etc, but that’s probably where I would start.

I’ve never been to the GF convention center so I don’t know what is accessible/conditions/if this is possible, but at places like the CR convention center and/or second floor or YC convention center I’ve had great luck finding a quiet spot (unless a convention is going on!).

We might be doing a split stay btwn OKW and GF, and hubby will need to work remotely only on the day we transfer hotels. Is there a space for him to work at GF while we wait for our GF DVC studio to be ready? Anywhere with wifi and AC...?

Yeah, I was going to say BPK lobby too. You never know how noisy people coming/going will be, if housekeepers are there vacuuming the lobby, etc, but that’s probably where I would start.

I’ve never been to the GF convention center so I don’t know what is accessible/conditions/if this is possible, but at places like the CR convention center and/or second floor or YC convention center I’ve had great luck finding a quiet spot (unless a convention is going on!).
Convention center is also very good idea if there is no convention. We walked through that area looking for business center to ship something for us. Very quiet! No convention activity when we walked through. But I don't remember if guest WiFi extends to that area, so you'd have to check.

There was somebody here who said they were staying club level at GF in September and I'm wondering if that still hasn't been changed/cancelled?

We were there Friday and yesterday, although stayed at the Boardwalk and it's hard to tell exactly where they are at with construction. While we have outer view rooms booked for September 15-19, a enjoyable part of my trip is spent sitting on the outer balcony towards Gasparillas as well as enjoying some time in the main lobby.

Friday they were working, so with the construction gong on it was very loud and echoing in there, so we didn't stay and just headed over to the Wilderness Lodge and spent some time there. Yesterday, since they weren't working we were able to spend an hour sitting in the side lobby area they created near the main staircase enjoying a drink after we had our lunch at the Poly.

I was surprised they didn't set some of the Gasparilla tables up down in the sunken area by the end of the marina. They used to have some down there years ago.

Anyways if you have club level rooms booked and they haven't been cancelled or know if they are expecting the construction to be done in a month's time can you let me know. Thank you.

41327EB0-0FD1-4B50-BDEE-7617D29E673C.jpeg09C13D0F-4896-473D-9BA9-B850C6A55127.jpeg0A973443-7B5B-49D5-A93F-7CBCCFB333FE.jpeg

Last edited:

There was somebody here who said they were staying club level at GF in September and I'm wondering if that still hasn't been changed/cancelled?

We were there Friday and yesterday, although stayed at the Boardwalk and it's hard to tell exactly where they are at with construction. While we have outer view rooms booked for September 15-19, a enjoyable part of my trip is spent sitting on the outer balcony towards Gasparillas as well as enjoying some time in the main lobby.

Friday they were working, so with the construction gong on it was very loud and echoing in there, so we didn't stay and just headed over to the Wilderness Lodge and spent some time there. Yesterday, since they weren't working we were able to spend an hour sitting in the side lobby area they created near the main staircase enjoying a drink after we had our lunch at the Poly.

I was surprised they didn't set some of the Gasparilla tables up down in the sunken area by the end of the marina. They used to have some down there years ago.

Anyways if you have club level rooms booked and they haven't been cancelled or know if they are expecting the construction to be done in a month's time can you let me know. Thank you.

View attachment 785232View attachment 785233View attachment 785234
I know someone who was booked cl at gf for september. I strongly suggested they call and yep it won't be open.

The early bird gets the worm. If someone has Sep or Oct I would call and see. Better to know now and get a decent option to change or cancel for future.

A cm told me in May it is a 3rd party now that walks the guests to another resort.

I know someone who was booked cl at gf for september. I strongly suggested they call and yep it won't be open.

The early bird gets the worm. If someone has Sep or Oct I would call and see. Better to know now and get a decent option to change or cancel for future.

A cm told me in May it is a 3rd party now that walks the guests to another resort.
Thank you. I was personally just wondering, because I'm figuring if club level is open, then the cranes and construction mess in the lobby and outside the balconies of the club level rooms would likely be gone. I'm not staying CL this trip though.

This is crazy to me! I believe it, but WOW!
It really explains why if you try to change things after you chose they can’t. I have had my walks all post Covid. I really don’t like how it’s handled. They really don’t know enough to find a good compromise when telling people they have to be moved.

I tried to move from atrium to tower cl so not to interfere with dd’s bachelorette party. Originally they in a 2 bedroom suite so I wouldn’t be near. They moved to cr and I asked for tower cl . ‘Ma’am just so you know the Atrium CL lounge IS IN the Tower. “
Yep that’s when you know , well they don’t know.

If you don’t know that’s ok for dis friends. Cr has 12 th floor Atrium and 14th floor Tower cl. I was trying to distance myself but they just didn’t get it. 🙄

It really explains why if you try to change things after you chose they can’t. I have had my walks all post Covid. I really don’t like how it’s handled. They really don’t know enough to find a good compromise when telling people they have to be moved.

I tried to move from atrium to tower cl so not to interfere with dd’s bachelorette party. Originally they in a 2 bedroom suite so I wouldn’t be near. They moved to cr and I asked for tower cl . ‘Ma’am just so you know the Atrium CL lounge IS IN the Tower. “
Yep that’s when you know , well they don’t know.

If you don’t know that’s ok for dis friends. Cr has 12 th floor Atrium and 14th floor Tower cl. I was trying to distance myself but they just didn’t get it. 🙄
Just mind boggling! You'd think Disney would want the happiest and most accommodating Disney trained CMs dealing with this type of recovery. Very sad to hear.

I have a crazy question...my friend is joining us for the first few days of the trip. She's got her own tickets we just need to add her to the room. Is it better to do it there and just pay the additional there or what's the best course of action? Last time we had anyone join us for a few days was years ago when we stayed at the polynesian. We just want her to be able to book genie+ and room access with us

I have a crazy question...my friend is joining us for the first few days of the trip. She's got her own tickets we just need to add her to the room. Is it better to do it there and just pay the additional there or what's the best course of action? Last time we had anyone join us for a few days was years ago when we stayed at the polynesian. We just want her to be able to book genie+ and room access with us
Did you book a package or room only? If you booked a package, your friend would have to get the same tickets that you have and the length of stay would have to be the same as yours if you add her prior to your arrival. Since she already has tickets and is only going to be there for part of your stay, you would need to wait until you arrive to add her. If you booked room only, I'm not sure if it makes a difference when you add her.

Anyone have a GM email? I'd like to offer some feedback that I wasn't able to get to before checking out today. Thanks!

Did you receive an email from Disney when you checked in saying welcome to the grand etc etc? I receive one every time at each resort, within 1 day of checking in.

Filling that out with comment's ( if anything negative ), the GM always calls me the next day direct on my phone to discuss any issues. Even left there number once to call back when I didn't answer, and she picked right up.

Did you receive an email from Disney when you checked in saying welcome to the grand etc etc? I receive one every time at each resort, within 1 day of checking in.

Filling that out with comment's ( if anything negative ), the GM always calls me the next day direct on my phone to discuss any issues. Even left there number once to call back when I didn't answer, and she picked right up.
I received a push notification, the welcome one sent when entering the room for the first time. The notification said that I'd receive an email with an opportunity to leave feedback but I did not receive. That itself is more of a tech issue than GF.

Did you book a package or room only? If you booked a package, your friend would have to get the same tickets that you have and the length of stay would have to be the same as yours if you add her prior to your arrival. Since she already has tickets and is only going to be there for part of your stay, you would need to wait until you arrive to add her. If you booked room only, I'm not sure if it makes a difference when you add her.
We booked package. Thank you, that's what I thought but wasn't sure. I'm excited for my friend to have her first deluxe experience

News Flash: GF RPC CM's who had been deployed elsewhere due to construction are being called back to the GF by end of August, at which time they will be participating in a multi-week training schedule.
I wonder what's all changing that they would need a multi-week training. Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I just moved our group to BWI for our mid September stay. Seems with this time line it could be close to whether construction will be done.

Anyone find a room number map? I can’t get Touring Plans to load on my phone and haven’t found anything else.

ETA Working now!

Anyone find a room number map? I can’t get Touring Plans to load on my phone and haven’t found anything else.

ETA Working now!
Remember 5th floor is dormer balconies, 4th floor outer rooms also dormers except SL which is on,y a 4 story building so 4th dormer and outer rooms of 3. If it matters to you.

1st digit is building number
‘Main 4
Sago 5
SL 6
Conch 7
BC 8
BPK is now dvc 9

2nd digit is floor number .

Hope that helps , it‘s my short cut.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter