Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

we had the opposite experience. we had breakfast at GFC and food was excellent, service great and food prompt. Citricos on the other hand.. food was good but not what I expected. I agree about atmosphere though not worthy of a signature restaurant. Also people wearing park attire.. I know they have relaxed somewhat, but the people sitting next to us had sleeveless tank tops and bathing suit type shorts on with flip flops.

I do think they need to draw the line somewhere.
Yep

Hi all! Checking in on December 23rd in the new Resort Studios Theme Park view! Any tips for staying at GF would be appreciated!

Heading there in a few weeks. What are the chances the scaffolding on the Gasparillas side will come down and move to the other side of the main building?

Forgive me if this has been previously answered, but I couldn't find a definitive answer:

Do all of the new resort studios at BPK now have microwaves?

Hi all! Checking in on December 23rd in the new Resort Studios Theme Park view! Any tips for staying at GF would be appreciated!
I have a had a room there prior to the conversion, nice view! Mainly take the time to enjoy the resort. If the parks get too busy exploring Cr/POLY/GF is a nice relaxing thing to do. The boat goes from mk to gf to poly so that is always fun.

Watching EWP is always a fav of mine too.
Heading there in a few weeks. What are the chances the scaffolding on the Gasparillas side will come down and move to the other side of the main building?
Based on timelines of the other buildings I don't think so but honestly there just isn't a way to know.
Forgive me if this has been previously answered, but I couldn't find a definitive answer:

Do all of the new resort studios at BPK now have microwaves?
I believe so but if any issues just call housekeeping for one.

I often call for extra coffee and blankets. Delivery is usually fast.

****Don't forget GF currently is STILL the only resort with room service. It can be a nice option is weather is bad or you too tired to go out etc.

Anyone have a GM email? I'd like to offer some feedback that I wasn't able to get to before checking out today. Thanks!

Additional updates on GF stay.. definitely not enough pool chairs. It dawned on me today that they built a brand new DVC building but did not change the footprint of the pools. We have had quite a difficult time getting a chair mid day - and even harder one with an umbrella. They need more of both! The servers were fantastic and service at the pool was great. You could hear some construction from the courtyard pool but not beach this week. Didn’t bother me- it was minor. All restaurants open and so are the stores.

Additional updates on GF stay.. definitely not enough pool chairs. It dawned on me today that they built a brand new DVC building but did not change the footprint of the pools. We have had quite a difficult time getting a chair mid day - and even harder one with an umbrella. They need more of both! The servers were fantastic and service at the pool was great. You could hear some construction from the courtyard pool but not beach this week. Didn’t bother me- it was minor. All restaurants open and so are the stores.
We had the same problem when we were there in June and it was only 2 of us. We found one chair and worked with it at the courtyard pool

We are booked at the GF in August 2024. We spent a lot of years there when kids were young and then moved over to BC/YC when they got older. Now we are bringing our grandson for his first GF visit! Any idea of how much construction will still be going on then? Thanks!

We are booked at the GF in August 2024. We spent a lot of years there when kids were young and then moved over to BC/YC when they got older. Now we are bringing our grandson for his first GF visit! Any idea of how much construction will still be going on then? Thanks!
I can't imagine any scenario where it would take that long to finish the renovations, especially since everthing else but the actual lobby itself should be done before this year's holidays.

hello! I have some cabana questions.

I am soooo excited I snagged a GF cabana for a late Sept MNSSHP trip with my sister and our 3 (total) kids. Does anyone know what the food menu looks like for the cabanas? I booked an Ohana brunch same day and am wondering if we will want to cancel it and do Ohana another day.

Also would love thoughts on cabana rental with kids ages 3, 5, 6. The older 2 are very strong swimmers who looove water slides (I love that the cabanas are right next to the point where the slide ends). I am HOPING the 3 year old will be a doll and play with his floaties in the area right in front of the cabanas, but would love to hear experiences of cabana rental with small kids.

hello! I have some cabana questions.

I am soooo excited I snagged a GF cabana for a late Sept MNSSHP trip with my sister and our 3 (total) kids. Does anyone know what the food menu looks like for the cabanas? I booked an Ohana brunch same day and am wondering if we will want to cancel it and do Ohana another day.

Also would love thoughts on cabana rental with kids ages 3, 5, 6. The older 2 are very strong swimmers who looove water slides (I love that the cabanas are right next to the point where the slide ends). I am HOPING the 3 year old will be a doll and play with his floaties in the area right in front of the cabanas, but would love to hear experiences of cabana rental with small kids.
If you check out Page 1 HERE, you’ll be able to see the snacks/beverages that are provided with your cabana rental. There are also CM’s that will come and take your order, for food/adult beverages from the pool bar (for an additional charge), if you’d like something a bit more substantial. They will bring your order to you in the cabana. You can see that menu HERE. Enjoy!

If you check out Page 1 HERE, you’ll be able to see the snacks/beverages that are provided with your cabana rental. There are also CM’s that will come and take your order, for food/adult beverages from the pool bar (for an additional charge), if you’d like something a bit more substantial. They will bring your order to you in the cabana. You can see that menu HERE. Enjoy!
Thank you!! This is super helpful!

I am guessing we will need to get takeout from Gasparillas for dinner since the pool bar menu is a little small.

Just wanted to post again a Thank You! to all of you who provide information on this thread. I posted some pictures with a little info about our trip about a week ago. We had such a wonderful stay at GF and all the information here really enhanced that experience by helping with knowledge and appropriate expectations. We really did not find the construction too bothersome. Definitely no noise in the outer buildings, maybe a little on occasion at the courtyard pool, but not loud and all day. I think the construction around Gaspirillas is a bit of an eyesore and makes it more difficult to access, but we only went there once or twice anyway. I can see that those that need the ramp may be inconvenienced. The staff was amazing=all of them. We were greeted everywhere we went and made to feel special and like we mattered. We called housekeeping once for a blanket and it was brought almost immediately. We discovered our shower did not drain properly on our first full day and they scheduled to fix it when we requested when we would not be in the room-it was fixed when we returned and we could not even tell anyone had been in the room let alone the bathroom and shower. I can't say enough about how gorgeous both the room and view were. We booked water view and requested King bed. We were placed in Boca Chica room 8431(a dormer room with vaulted ceiling) and we had a King bed, a walk in shower (no tub) and could see the all the way around 7 seas lagoon. The castle to our left, the Contemporary across and the Poly bungalows on our right. Could also see Wilderness Lodge in the distance. Besides watching fireworks from our room several times, we also were able to catch the Space X launch in the sky on 7/23 (it had been delayed from 7/22. We tried the twin sofa bed just to see and it was comfortable. An adult would be able to sleep there just fine.. We did not use the buses, we drove to HS and used monorail to and boat back from MK. Epcot we used monorail, that took a little longer than we expected and the transfer at TTC is little annoying, but still nicer than crammed in a bus full of people. We found that going to either ends of the monorail we often had a cabin to ourselves. We loved it at the GF and it really changed the trip experience completely. We hope to return again sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter