Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

So curious what's going on in the lobby....Is anyone there or going?

Do you think the stores will be refurbished?
Right now I *think* the lobby is just an equipment staging area for the rooms and they're also probably painting what they can in in the lobby.

The restaurants (1900, Tea Room & Cafe) and everything other than paint will be save until the Christmas decorations are down.

But I'm just guessing

Does anyone have current pictures of the 2 Bedroom Club level Suite ? All I can find is really outdated looking pictures.
I posted pix of the 1 bedroom suite memorial weekend on the cl thread. Another poster had a 2 bedroom and posted here I think January. (So only a few pages back)

A little tedious but we both posted lots of pix, worth looking for.

Right now I *think* the lobby is just an equipment staging area for the rooms and they're also probably painting what they can in in the lobby.

The restaurants (1900, Tea Room & Cafe) and everything other than paint will be save until the Christmas decorations are down.

But I'm just guessing
I've read this before but if this is the case, has anyone seen anything being lifted to the upper floors, like tools, building materials, etc? The only thing I've seen or heard being lifted are people who are working on the paneling and painting the ceiling. I haven't seen anything new form inside the lobby in more than a week.

For anyone who has been recently, does the Grand Floridian still have the PhotoPass station on the 2nd floor? We are checking in on July 24th and my brother was hoping to take a few pictures for his engagement if they are still at the resort.

For anyone who has been recently, does the Grand Floridian still have the PhotoPass station on the 2nd floor? We are checking in on July 24th and my brother was hoping to take a few pictures for his engagement if they are still at the resort.
Yes, the one with the glass slipper was still there when we were there last week.

More Scaffolding Installed, Ramp Closed During Exterior Construction at Disney’s Grand Floridian

There has been no visible change to the area blocked off in front of the Monorail station.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7234

Crews have been using lifts to work on the ceilingand railings overlooking the lobby.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7213

An ad for the reimagined Victoria and Albert’s.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7257

Similar signs featuring concept art are on the guest-facing sides of the construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7258

There is also concept art of the reimagined guest rooms.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7260

A crew member was in one lift working on the fourth-floor railings.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7259

A ramp near the Grand Floridian Café entrance is closed due to exterior refurbishment.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7209

There are construction walls lining some of the walkways.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7236

We noticed more scaffolding in this section of grass near the ramp.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7239

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7240

Outside, a sign points to a different ramp.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7241

The ramp is blocked off and the new scaffolding is surrounded by white construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7242

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7246

We noticed this broken curb, exposing steel beneath. Something — possibly a construction vehicle — must have ran into it.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7255

At another curve of the sidewalk, a mirror was installed to help with visibility when construction vehicles are driving around.

Construction continues outside Gasparilla Island Grill.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7247

Even more scaffolding has been erected above the restaurant, which remains open.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7248
grand floridian july 2023 construction 7249

We could see a pully system at the top of the scaffolding.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7250
grand floridian july 2023 construction 7251

Guests visiting Gasparilla Island Grill must walk through a tunnel of construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7252

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7253

More Scaffolding Installed, Ramp Closed During Exterior Construction at Disney’s Grand Floridian

There has been no visible change to the area blocked off in front of the Monorail station.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7234

Crews have been using lifts to work on the ceilingand railings overlooking the lobby.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7213

An ad for the reimagined Victoria and Albert’s.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7257

Similar signs featuring concept art are on the guest-facing sides of the construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7258

There is also concept art of the reimagined guest rooms.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7260

A crew member was in one lift working on the fourth-floor railings.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7259

A ramp near the Grand Floridian Café entrance is closed due to exterior refurbishment.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7209

There are construction walls lining some of the walkways.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7236

We noticed more scaffolding in this section of grass near the ramp.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7239

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7240

Outside, a sign points to a different ramp.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7241

The ramp is blocked off and the new scaffolding is surrounded by white construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7242

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7246

We noticed this broken curb, exposing steel beneath. Something — possibly a construction vehicle — must have ran into it.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7255

At another curve of the sidewalk, a mirror was installed to help with visibility when construction vehicles are driving around.

Construction continues outside Gasparilla Island Grill.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7247

Even more scaffolding has been erected above the restaurant, which remains open.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7248
grand floridian july 2023 construction 7249

We could see a pully system at the top of the scaffolding.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7250
grand floridian july 2023 construction 7251

Guests visiting Gasparilla Island Grill must walk through a tunnel of construction walls.

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7252

grand floridian july 2023 construction 7253
Really appreciate this update! Great to see what is going on.....Do you think the construction around Gasparilla Island will be complete by the end of Sept.- early Oct.? Noticed the outside seating was removed for obvious reasons....Not sure whether to postpone, do a half stay, or go with another resort? What would you do if you can only visit once a year? :chat:

I was hoping to stay there when Moana opens (August/September??), but it doesn't look like the main building will be ready. Maybe Christmas then.

Really appreciate this update! Great to see what is going on.....Do you think the construction around Gasparilla Island will be complete by the end of Sept.- early Oct.? Noticed the outside seating was removed for obvious reasons....Not sure whether to postpone, do a half stay, or go with another resort? What would you do if you can only visit once a year? :chat:
I have no idea TBH. No timelines have been given.

IMO, one building being refurbed would not scare me away. But you have to be happy. Good luck deciding.

I have no idea TBH. No timelines have been given.

IMO, one building being refurbed would not scare me away. But you have to be happy. Good luck deciding.
:thanks:
Trying to decide whether to do Boardwalk full stay, or half between Grand Floridian, or go with something else.......Need a place where we can relax!

Same, was hoping that they would start to move to the other non-resort facing side after a month but it looks like they have a quite a bit to go near Gasparilla and the pulley system may indicate full roof replacement of main building and if so the impact on that side could be months not weeks. Need to start thinking about plan B.

Can someone who is there now (or has been recently) detail the parking situation for those who have reservations on the GF grounds (not staying on property, but have dining/fireworks cruise reservations)? I read somewhere that non-resort guests who have on-site reservations are being directed to park across the street from the hotel and walk onto the property.

My family and I (9 of us total) have a fireworks cruise scheduled for the GF marina and three of my party are not the most ambulatory, so I wanted to check before potentially moving our fireworks cruise to another marina. Thank you!!!

If I checked in today for outer building lagoon view what are the chances of getting a newly refurbished room?

Sorry I haven’t kept up with the progress with all the construction going on. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter