Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Argh. I mean, I’m so glad about the rooms, but I just booked a trip with my mom in early Feb 2024, treating her to the Disney Suite. Now we’ll be guaranteed to have lobby construction, which will dampen the lounge experience. I tried to give this plenty of time, too :(. Hope I can find some other availability. Darn it, darn it, darn it!!!

Argh. I mean, I’m so glad about the rooms, but I just booked a trip with my mom in early Feb 2024, treating her to the Disney Suite. Now we’ll be guaranteed to have lobby construction, which will dampen the lounge experience. I tried to give this plenty of time, too :(. Hope I can find some other availability. Darn it, darn it, darn it!!!
Based on the pictures that were just posted a short while ago, the lobby construction began this morning. Unless otherwise reported by Disney, I can’t imagine it would take 8 months to complete? I would like to think they’d try to be done with everything by the holidays.

It keeps changing so keep your fingers crossed it changes again

Ok. They seem to think that the section in the lobby is to keep supplies for the 1900 park fare project.

It looks like a rectangle from the front desk to the elevator. It’s being painted now.

I am confused by the wall by gasperilla’s, I’ll try and find out more
Thank you. I’m beyond confused right now, so any additional info is great!! Seems crazy to block off the lobby to hold supplies. :confused3 Maybe as a few days pass, pictures from the 2nd floor will be helpful and we can see exactly what’s going on.

Thank you. I’m beyond confused right now, so any additional info is great!! Seems crazy to block off the lobby to hold supplies. :confused3 Maybe as a few days pass, pictures from the 2nd floor will be helpful and we can see exactly what’s going on.
To be honest EVERYONE is confused. It’s hard to get answers and no because they don’t want to say. They just don’t really know for sure

It keeps changing so keep your fingers crossed it changes again
I snagged it for very late Feb into March, as well - but the rate’s quite a bit more, and there’s no guarantee they’d be done then, obvs. I know it’s not that big of a deal in practice, as we’d likely not be in the lounge midday, but just disappointing. Thank you.

Based on the pictures that were just posted a short while ago, the lobby construction began this morning. Unless otherwise reported by Disney, I can’t imagine it would take 8 months to complete? I would like to think they’d try to be done with everything by the holidays.
I mean, you’d think, but anyone who’s ever renovated anything in their home knows that you can always multiply the timeline by 1.5 🤣

Hey guys!! Someone just sent this to me. It’s a post they saw on a FB Group a couple of days ago. Not sure how accurate the info is, but it had a good overhead shot of the enclosed space in the lobby.

“Cast member we spoke to yesterday informed us that main lobby work begins Friday (although Park Fare has already been initiated). He said it is supposed to last about 3 months and a large portion will be the roof. He did state that they will be gutting the inside and will be pulling up and replacing the carpets, likely with something identical/similar to the turquoise with flowers in the other buildings and hallways. He was with Bell services and not construction crew so take with a grain of salt.”

IMG_2615.jpeg

I'm so excited about 1900 Park Fare being worked on! I'm hoping we get a Disney Parks Blog post today or tomorrow with all the details as I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the construction photos will make their way onto the various Disney news sites/blogs.
I reached out to a very reliable blog. Not sure if they’ll even read it, but hopefully they can get some additional info!!

So many cast members are clueless!!! Nobody seems to know because this is not what they were told. So there all thrown off, I am sure that eventually everyone will be updated.

Lobby Refurbishment Project Underway at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

Guests visiting Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort will find roughly 1/3rd of the lobby behind construction walls now as a refurbishment project kicks off in the iconic lobby. Disney formally announced a lobby refresh in December 2022:
The ongoing renovation will also include an upcoming refurbishment of the lobby, which will maintain the classic theming you know and love with some fresh new enhancements.

While Disney World has not released any concept art for the lobby refresh, we could probably look to the building refurbishments to get an idea of what to expect.

Here’s a look at the Grand Floridian lobby refurbishment project!

grand-floridian-resort-lobby-refurbishment-06122023-1.jpg
grand-floridian-resort-lobby-refurbishment-06122023-2.jpg
grand-floridian-resort-lobby-refurbishment-06122023-3.jpg

grand-floridian-resort-lobby-refurbishment-06122023-4.jpg
grand-floridian-resort-lobby-refurbishment-06122023-6.jpg
grand-floridian-resort-lobby-refurbishment-06122023-5.jpg

grand-floridian-resort-lobby-refurbishment-06122023-7.jpg

😊

So many cast members are clueless!!! Nobody seems to know because this is not what they were told. So they’re all thrown off, I am sure that eventually everyone will be updated.
I honestly don’t think they tell them all that much. Hopefully we will see some progress in the next few days and we’ll know for sure either way. Carpets - they’re starting the refurb … lumber and supplies - it’s an oversized closet. We shall see!! 🙂

Ooh thank you so much everyone for the photos and super sleuthing! I’m interested to see how it turns out. I guess this means that our August trip will be impacted, but hopefully it will all be worth it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter