Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

@trishadono Enjoy your special trip! I think I could move into the 1 BR TPV. Two full bathrooms would be awesome on a trip.
I just showed dd the floor plan . She’s good with the sleeper. We like the curtains open and dh doesn’t so I may sleep a night with her. We love a Castle View🥰

Thank you!

Oh I forgot to post room location for the 1bd TPV on conch . Again floors 1 or 3.
951CFACD-0FEB-4709-9E81-4328C44549CA.jpeg951CFACD-0FEB-4709-9E81-4328C44549CA.jpeg

I think I have convinced dh to come with me and dd28 MDE. I have BWI gv, or option 2 is 1 night GF gv followed by 2 nights the 1 bedroom outer building suite TPV.

My dilemma: I had just found the 1 bedroom outer building suite GV and was happy with that but looking at touring plans the TPV one is at the end of conch 1 or 3 floor. These suites have 2 open balconies(same as std rooms style). THAT is something I’d really enjoy vs the top floor GV suites with the bay window. The GV suite has 2 queens and a sleeper sofa. It says double but wdw is often slow with updates.

Then I noticed the TPV version is King with queen sleeper. …. Dd will have to sleep on the sleeper …..🙄

What is cool is the TPV suites have the extra little side balcony. 😃

I don’t mind walking to RPC , I just walked 52 miles on DDs bachelorette weekend last week😅
That’s part of why the 3 of us going . Dh needs to try Tron and GOTG. It will be his last trip with dd before the wedding in Sept and I finally got him an AP!

Touring plans is a great resource for finding suite locations at GF👍

I am kinda rambling lol. Just happy dh finally said he’d come I’ve been asking for months, 🎉
View attachment 759501
That's a really nice layout! I can see this suite in my future sometime after the lobby refurb is done.

I just showed dd the floor plan . She’s good with the sleeper. We like the curtains open and dh doesn’t so I may sleep a night with her. We love a Castle View🥰

Thank you!

Oh I forgot to post room location for the 1bd TPV on conch . Again floors 1 or 3.
View attachment 759511View attachment 759511
Oh my gosh! Great location! You lucked out b/c we arrive May 30th. Even though we are staying at YC the whole trip, I would be knocking on your door for a tour if we arrived at WDW a couple days earlier!! :rotfl2:

Please know that I am just kidding about knocking on your door. Seriously, what an awesome location!! The 3rd floor room is what dreams are of. . .🥰 Please post pictures!!

Oh my gosh! Great location! You lucked out b/c we arrive May 30th. Even though we are staying at YC the whole trip, I would be knocking on your door for a tour if we arrived at WDW a couple days earlier!! :rotfl2:

Please know that I am just kidding about knocking on your door. Seriously, what an awesome location!! The 3rd floor room is what dreams are of. . .🥰 Please post pictureI
I will get many! I love the new rooms! Cant wait to see a suite in person. I have only see pix here.

PM me anytime we overlap! I have met many from here :) ALLLLLL Good!

I have been wondering if they would go that route! It’s going to be interesting to see, when the Sugarloaf reno. is completed, if they took out the CL countertop space in the lobby or not!!! I guess we’ll know very soon!!!
My daughter is a CM at GF RPC. She's hearing that at this time they have no plans for Sugarloaf to become CL during reno of Main Building, and that the RPC CM's will instead be deployed elsewhere.... to other CL or other roles, they are not sure yet.

My daughter is a CM at GF RPC. She's hearing that at this time they have no plans for Sugarloaf to become CL during reno of Main Building, and that the RPC CM's will instead be deployed elsewhere.... to other CL or other roles, they are not sure yet.
Yeah we assumed, based on the renovated SL Lobby pictures that were posted, they have no intention of bringing it back. ☹️

It is!! The best part was the location!! I loved sitting at The Courtyard Pool and it was a quick walk if the kids wanted a snack or I needed another glass of wine! 😂 So convenient.
I spent so much time at the Courtyard Pool that stay w/quick access to CL offerings. You're right, it was the perfect location!

Anyone there now or very recently? Curious if the walkway to MK is reopened or looks to be soon. Will be there at the end of the month and hoping it is back open. 🤞

Please know that I am just kidding about knocking on your door. Seriously, what an awesome location!! The 3rd floor room is what dreams are of. . .🥰 Please post pictures!!
We are overlapping at YC exactly one day (my birthday!)! 5/31 we switch to Poly for the rest of the trip. We are actually spending that morning at the Grand though, we are having breakfast at GF Cafe since my partner has never been there, and I booked our spa appointment there that day so that we could chill out there while we wait for our room to be ready at Poly. They let you use the facilities there the entire day of your appt. I am hoping to sell her on staying at GF before our cruise next year if we don't do the European one.

Anyone there now or very recently? Curious if the walkway to MK is reopened or looks to be soon. Will be there at the end of the month and hoping it is back open. 🤞
Lots of us going the end of the month! I hope the MK walkway will be open by then too, but I haven't seen too many construction updates lately.

So, I'm behind in reading here but is there going to be NO club level at the Grand during lobby refurb?? I guess we still have no dates as to beginning and ending of the project. Like I said, I'm behind...
There has been no official word, but see @sdk1231’s post above. Hopefully Disney will release some information soon so we all know what’s going on. I’ll post updates as soon as they’re online.

The path is not going to open for a while yet. They need access to work on Sago which unfortunately is where the path starts.

It worked out ok. We mono to MK and boat back. Boat ride is really pretty quick , like 5-7 mins.

I was looking and found dates in mid Oct for RPC. Dd has 5 nights at CR Tower currently for the 2nd half of her honeymoon and was considering a split stay. They also want to do V&A.

Starting in Aruba(I had mine there too) then WDW of course to top it off.

++I will say the grounds are better kept up at GF vs CR hands down. I would hate to be on a scooter at CR, the paths were covered with sticks and leaves.

I had a GF/BC split Nov Poly/GF split NYE, BWI/CR split March, CR/GF split last week and have another GF stay MDW.

Even when we don’t stay at gf we always visit the 3 mono lobbies every trip. It’s when you visit often you notice how well kept it is.

I know many have concerns about construction but it hasn’t had an impact for us , The rooms are gorgeous! You still have nice views! poor poly guests can’t say that for many of the rooms. Also both pools and gaspies have food n drinks so you don’t even have to go the lobby if you don’t want to see any construction mess when that starts.

Small things but they stock more coffee and stuff plus have actual glassware and mugs in the room. Non cl rooms have robes and slippers as well.

It just feels more deluxe🥰

Hope you all have fun planning your next trip. 😃

The path is not going to open for a while yet. They need access to work on Sago which unfortunately is where the path starts.

It worked out ok. We mono to MK and boat back. Boat ride is really pretty quick , like 5-7 mins.

I was looking and found dates in mid Oct for RPC. Dd has 5 nights at CR Tower currently for the 2nd half of her honeymoon and was considering a split stay. They also want to do V&A.

Starting in Aruba(I had mine there too) then WDW of course to top it off.

++I will say the grounds are better kept up at GF vs CR hands down. I would hate to be on a scooter at CR, the paths were covered with sticks and leaves.

I had a GF/BC split Nov Poly/GF split NYE, BWI/CR split March, CR/GF split last week and have another GF stay MDW.

Even when we don’t stay at gf we always visit the 3 mono lobbies every trip. It’s when you visit often you notice how well kept it is.

I know many have concerns about construction but it hasn’t had an impact for us , The rooms are gorgeous! You still have nice views! poor poly guests can’t say that for many of the rooms. Also both pools and gaspies have food n drinks so you don’t even have to go the lobby if you don’t want to see any construction mess when that starts.

Small things but they stock more coffee and stuff plus have actual glassware and mugs in the room. Non cl rooms have robes and slippers as well.

It just feels more deluxe🥰

Hope you all have fun planning your next trip. 😃
Definitely true about the grounds, every time I was up for the crack of dawn for rope drop I saw grounds staff out and already hard at work. It really shows too. Love having GF and Poly right next door so we can enjoy both! We are also having dinner at Citricos on this trip, we have never been and I'm excited about the revamped menu.

Anyone have a photo of how big pine key looks from the pool? Just trying to see how the baconies and layout of the rooms are

Every room on the 4th floor has a balcony right? Its the just 5th floor that some don't?

Also, are there any dedicated studios?

Thanks

Anyone have a photo of how big pine key looks from the pool? Just trying to see how the baconies and layout of the rooms are

Every room on the 4th floor has a balcony right? Its the just 5th floor that some don't?

Also, are there any dedicated studios?

Thanks
Rooms on 5th have balcony just the enclosed dormer ones on 5th and outer rooms of 4th.

This is Boca Chica but similar set up. I think you can see from picture what I’m talking about. Bump out room is upon request, used to be a deluxe room. It has extra seating and 2nd tv.

Attachments

• 8E46B7F5-8ADF-46C2-BE5C-D1EF6865475E.jpeg
    8E46B7F5-8ADF-46C2-BE5C-D1EF6865475E.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 36

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter