Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi2G5z2WCaH4UVrvjadbXL6UnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgWlvu9MHlJZyAXOQ9Bh9QnqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhkbMGgBC6wxQxTYFrOiInGrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi07e1xvvEEfkexc0bOFPrfV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjqENPyuvRt5-TWVPTpQGjdldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJg5LgDlCwwxM7hJiz5eowyyV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgxjYrKk7fKj_mc12Q85mT4rnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJju5OlguTodW7Jay3H8Ae9lrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A
@kimmar067, how did you feel about your lagoon view? Did the Poly construction bother you at all or did it feel far enough away that you weren't really dwelling on it? And THANK YOU for all of the detailed pictures of everything - I thoroughly enjoyed them!

Thanks for the input, everyone! Truly appreciate it. Leaning towards converting our stay to GF for all nine nights. We'll definitely hit all of the parks (at a more leisurely pace given the time we'll be there and the ages of the boys) but we'll focus on spending more time at MK and also don't mind transporting back and forth to the other parks (did it all the time growing up myself!). Thanks again!

@kimmar067, how did you feel about your lagoon view? Did the Poly construction bother you at all or did it feel far enough away that you weren't really dwelling on it? And THANK YOU for all of the detailed pictures of everything - I thoroughly enjoyed them!
...you are quite welcome! No, the construction didn't bother us at all...I'm not feeling the design of that building though, IMHO.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting these! My wife and I are bringing our boys (will be 4 and 1 when we travel in November) to DW for their first time and we’re now considering staying the entirety of our trip at the GF. Currently have a split stay (with BC) booked but we’re liking the idea of being able to arrive, unpack and spend all nine nights in one place. Your pictures have made that decision pretty easy for us now so thanks again! Hope you had an amazing stay!
....much obliged. Glad you like the pics....honestly, we did a spit stay [GF. followed by The Riv] and we thoroughly enjoyed our Riviera stay immensely - our 1BR villa was located so that we could see the tip of Fantasmic! AND the fireworks at both Epcot and MK! It's not the monorail, but the gondolas are pretty convenient too!

Last edited:

First look inside the new Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort in Walt Disney World

Disney has shared a first look inside the new Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort opening April 1 2023.

Narcoossee's new-look dining room 2023

The signature restaurant has been refurbished with a new interior design and features an updated menu. Read more about the new menu.

Adding:

According to Blog Mickey -

Disney said that they aren’t done with construction in the space yet, and that “there may be select days in May and June where reservations are unavailable”.

Last edited:

First look inside the new Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort in Walt Disney World

Disney has shared a first look inside the new Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort opening April 1 2023.

Narcoossee's new-look dining room 2023's new-look dining room 2023

The signature restaurant has been refurbished with a new interior design and features an updated menu. Read more about the new menu.

Adding:

According to Blog Mickey -

Disney said that they aren’t done with construction in the space yet, and that “there may be select days in May and June where reservations are unavailable”.
The bar area looks bigger and a nice place to stop in to! 🥂🍷🍹🥃🍺

hi all! I will be staying at GF in a few weeks, I have a Outer Bldg - Lagoon View booked. With the current construction- not sure what buildings are available or what should I be requesting? And what is the situation with the mini fridge? It says beverage cooler- I just need it to be cold enough for milk and baby formula! Thanks all! Cant wait for our trip!

... And what is the situation with the mini fridge? It says beverage cooler- I just need it to be cold enough for milk and baby formula! Thanks all! Cant wait for our trip!
Good question. Since the Coolers are designed to be warmer than Mini Fridges, can someone at least confirm if there are ice machines in the original and Big Pine Key DVC buildings (we might just toss a couple ziplock bags of ice in there to be on the safe side)?

Good question. Since the Coolers are designed to be warmer than Mini Fridges, can someone at least confirm if there are ice machines in the original and Big Pine Key DVC buildings (we might just toss a couple ziplock bags of ice in there to be on the safe side)?
As soon as you walk into Big Pine Key, into the lobby, turn right to go down the 1st floor hallway. The first door on the left is a laundry; across from that is a door for the ice machine and a vending machine.

[this hallway behind the potted plant]
00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiKCm65uYM_W8tZMNAuvs3UrnHjCyIZu59oV2we_kMG9A

hi all! I will be staying at GF in a few weeks, I have an Outer Bldg - Lagoon View booked. With the current construction- not sure what buildings are available or what should I be requesting? And what is the situation with the mini fridge? It says beverage cooler- I just need it to be cold enough for milk and baby formula! Thanks all! Cant wait for our trip!
I have a lagoon booked for May. BPK used to have the most LV’s but that building is now DVC. BC one side is GV the other TPV. So I am thinking SL and Conch? Perhaps some in BC that have a tree in the way or end the end facing the boat dock?

I prefer non dormer rooms because I like the open balcony. I will wait to see what we get assigned and I go from there. The views overall are pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter