• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I keep forgetting Citricos has a bar because all I think about is Enchanted Rose lol. That sounds like fun
My dh and I love hopping bars on monorail . We had RPC NYE 2021/22 but he still wanted to see citricos. It was so pretty. DD likes ER. I follow them…..

However I randomly run for EWP when I hear it . i leave them behind for that 😂

Hey y’all I have a question! New member here and I’m curious about the cabana rentals at the pool. I know they come with a fridge full of sodas, but do the cast members refill the fridge for free? Or is it an extra cost? I remember it being free, but my husband seems to believe that it’s an extra charge for each refill of the fridge.

Thanks for the help!
We just rented a cabana on Monday. I’m pretty sure they stock the fridge according to the number of people you have on the reservation. It was just me and my husband this time so there was less than last time with our kids, but we still didn’t even come close to finishing all of it! I took pictures of the fridge and snack basket, but I didn’t take a picture of the desserts because we had asked for some gluten-free desserts and they gave us all gluten free instead of just adding a couple of items to the regular 🙄. Big mistake because the gluten free desserts weren’t very good, and my husband hates gluten free stuff anyway! Next time I’ll just stick to the regular dessert plate and if there’s nothing I can eat, I’ll eat more fruit lol! The fruit was awesome! I’ve never heard of anyone restocking the fridge, but I’ve never asked. The pool bar attendants check back often to see if you want food or drinks from the pool bar however 🙂! You can see that the pool did get more crowded as the day went on, but it was a beautiful day!A318D59A-D3A9-423B-A41D-6FCF9CA37E1F.jpegFEDD328E-0708-47DE-B370-D1F520AD26EC.jpeg4B1F8AC8-D7AA-48A5-BFC4-55C907795156.jpegEAEA792A-AACA-4994-924B-D2F2FE4933D9.jpeg

We just rented a cabana on Monday. I’m pretty sure they stock the fridge according to the number of people you have on the reservation. It was just me and my husband this time so there was less than last time with our kids, but we still didn’t even come close to finishing all of it! I took pictures of the fridge and snack basket, but I didn’t take a picture of the desserts because we had asked for some gluten-free desserts and they gave us all gluten free instead of just adding a couple of items to the regular 🙄. Big mistake because the gluten free desserts weren’t very good, and my husband hates gluten free stuff anyway! Next time I’ll just stick to the regular dessert plate and if there’s nothing I can eat, I’ll eat more fruit lol! The fruit was awesome! I’ve never heard of anyone restocking the fridge, but I’ve never asked. The pool bar attendants check back often to see if you want food or drinks from the pool bar however 🙂! You can see that the pool did get more crowded as the day went on, but it was a beautiful day!View attachment 743720View attachment 743721View attachment 743722View attachment 743723
Thank you so much for the help!! My DH was worried that he would drink all of the sodas and eat the food haha, which he probably will... But at least its a sizable amount! :D
vgf-psd-converted-png.647296

We just rented a cabana on Monday. I’m pretty sure they stock the fridge according to the number of people you have on the reservation. It was just me and my husband this time so there was less than last time with our kids, but we still didn’t even come close to finishing all of it! I took pictures of the fridge and snack basket, but I didn’t take a picture of the desserts because we had asked for some gluten-free desserts and they gave us all gluten free instead of just adding a couple of items to the regular 🙄. Big mistake because the gluten free desserts weren’t very good, and my husband hates gluten free stuff anyway! Next time I’ll just stick to the regular dessert plate and if there’s nothing I can eat, I’ll eat more fruit lol! The fruit was awesome! I’ve never heard of anyone restocking the fridge, but I’ve never asked. The pool bar attendants check back often to see if you want food or drinks from the pool bar however 🙂! You can see that the pool did get more crowded as the day went on, but it was a beautiful day!View attachment 743720View attachment 743721View attachment 743722View attachment 743723
Hey girl! Would it be ok if I used your pictures for reference on Page 1? Thank you!

Ooh, yummy Easter treats, mrsap!

I am tucked up in bed, recovering from some minor surgery and I’m daydreaming about a possible GF stay.

Until very recently another trip seemed an impossibility. So, I haven’t been paying much attention to the booking and planning changes and details. Does anyone have an idea just when May 2024 dates will become available? International travel takes some extra effort these days. So, knowing actual dates would help the daydreaming, if not actual trip planning. Of course, both are fun! :cloud9:

Ooh, yummy Easter treats, mrsap!

I am tucked up in bed, recovering from some minor surgery and I’m daydreaming about a possible GF stay.

Until very recently another trip seemed an impossibility. So, I haven’t been paying much attention to the booking and planning changes and details. Does anyone have an idea just when May 2024 dates will become available? International travel takes some extra effort these days. So, knowing actual dates would help the daydreaming, if not actual trip planning. Of course, both are fun! :cloud9:
I hope you recover quickly and get to enjoy that trip!!

There is no longer a 499 day window. An announcement was made last year:

“Beginning Aug. 19, 2022, room-only reservations can only be booked as far out as annual product release dates. As a result, you will no longer be able to book room-only reservations beyond released annual product dates.

Beginning August 19, guests may book room-only stays through our current available booking window, which goes through Dec. 31, 2023. For guests wishing to book past our current available dates, new annual packages and expanded date availability typically becomes available in late spring.”

Hope that helps!

Taking my sister and family in September and staying at the GF, she turns 40 and this is a surprise! Please tell me I made a good decision. We have stayed at AKL (Jambo), YC (our favorite), and just this past summer a 2 bedroom villa at WL. I know she would have liked to stay at BC or YC as we appreciate the proximity to Epcot and of course SAB, but I wanted to try something new and we have a 4 year old and 8 year old in the party so staying near MK played a factor as well. We've also never gone in September, we always toughed it out with the summer crowds. Hoping it'll be a little less chaotic!

I hope you recover quickly and get to enjoy that trip!!

There is no longer a 499 day window. An announcement was made last year:

“Beginning Aug. 19, 2022, room-only reservations can only be booked as far out as annual product release dates. As a result, you will no longer be able to book room-only reservations beyond released annual product dates.

Beginning August 19, guests may book room-only stays through our current available booking window, which goes through Dec. 31, 2023. For guests wishing to book past our current available dates, new annual packages and expanded date availability typically becomes available in late spring.”

Hope that helps!
Ah, thank you very much, mrsap! Yes, that does answer my question. Well, I can daydream a little while longer!

Taking my sister and family in September and staying at the GF, she turns 40 and this is a surprise! Please tell me I made a good decision. We have stayed at AKL (Jambo), YC (our favorite), and just this past summer a 2 bedroom villa at WL. I know she would have liked to stay at BC or YC as we appreciate the proximity to Epcot and of course SAB, but I wanted to try something new and we have a 4 year old and 8 year old in the party so staying near MK played a factor as well. We've also never gone in September, we always toughed it out with the summer crowds. Hoping it'll be a little less chaotic!
I love the grounds of GF. They are so peaceful!

The new room design is so pretty too.

The kids will love the beach pool!

You absolutely made a good decision. There is an Elegance and refinement at the GF that takes the Disney+ concept to the next level. Crowds really go down in September so it’s a great time to be there. Still a little hot and humid but that’s manageable

FWIW I did GF and YC on a split stay a couple of years ago for my own 40th birthday and vastly preferred the former. YC is great for the Epcot and HS proximity but I found a GF as a resort to be a cut above even then, before the room refurbs. The food was way better, shopping better, just on the whole a nicer experience. I even liked the feature pool better at GF (SAB is almost too big for me, it's just overwhelming).

Impromptu weekend trip to Grand Floridian Villas (Resort Studio - Lagoon View) in just 2 weeks! I got a great deal on a DVC rental. This will be our first time staying at the Grand.

I was hesitant to book because of the construction, but I went for a walk around the resort yesterday afternoon (Orlando local), and the construction now seems to be focused on the cash side of the resort. I doubt we will be able to hear it from the Big Pine Key building. Feature pool and relaxing on the balcony for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter