Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Just wanted to come on and say that we had the best weekend at the Grand Floridian two weeks ago. I was surprising my sister with this stay (she thought we were going to Pop ) and then we got the surprise of a lifetime when the GF upgraded us to the Walt Disney Suite. We do make videos of our trips, if you skip ahead to around the 12 minute mark you can see the suite and the surprise without watching our travel day stuff. The room overlooked the construction so you can see a birds eye view as well.
Oh, what a wonderful surprise! I loved your trip film masterpiece. I do have tears in the eyes after that. You are a superb sister. I must admit to being so homesick for the GF and WDW. But, your video, with all the atmosphere you managed to capture, has helped. Thank you so much for posting! :cloud9:

Just wanted to come on and say that we had the best weekend at the Grand Floridian two weeks ago. I was surprising my sister with this stay (she thought we were going to Pop ) and then we got the surprise of a lifetime when the GF upgraded us to the Walt Disney Suite. We do make videos of our trips, if you skip ahead to around the 12 minute mark you can see the suite and the surprise without watching our travel day stuff. The room overlooked the construction so you can see a birds eye view as well.
I just loved your video. I cried watching it. You and your sister reminded me so much of me and my sister and all of our fun adventures. I wish I could get her to go to WDW more often with me, but we are at different life stages. Both of my kids are grown up and moved out and she still has 3 kids at home so she can’t get away like I can. Her youngest child is 8 so it’s going to be a long time before she’s empty nesting like me. We were once Pixie Dusted at GF also, we didn’t get the Walt Disney Suite, but we got upgraded to a main building CL room for my 40th birthday and it was so amazing. It was our first time staying there and I fell in love with that resort… so much so that I convinced DH to buy DVC there. I can’t wait for our anniversary trip in May. I’ve been debating on whether or not to change resorts because of the construction. It seems like there will be so much going on when we go so I’m kinda torn. The MK walkway being closed is my biggest concern. I loved that walkway when the parks closed late at night and we didn’t have to wait on the bus, boat or monorail. I’m sure in the end we will keep our GF reservation despite that, because our other option is a BLT studio and I’m not thrilled about it. The only plus there for me is being able to walk to MK.

So inspiring, my sister and I, now both empty-nesters, are getting ready for our trip to the GF on the 50th anniversary of our first visit in 1973 as kids. I remember a few years ago going through the GF on the monorail thinking it would be a dream to stay there someday. Dreams do come true! My parents would be so happy to know that my sister and I grew up to be best friends, and that our idea of a great vacation is replicating the one that they took us on such a long time ago.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Thank you so much for sharing such an amazing sweet video. Not gonna lie got teary a couple of times. What an amazing memory you got to share together. Hope your whole trip was just as magical

of
If I could hit "like" a million times over, I would. This is a magical moment for both of you! Enjoy every second of your trip and time together!

That happened to us in January! Thanks for making the video!

it will be hard to go back to Pop now :rotfl:

That is awesome! The Grand Floridian is my dream resort and I hope to stay there one day. Maybe I will be able to talk hubby into splurging on our next trip, even if it's just a couple nights during the trip. I am on a weight loss journey to get healthy and change habits and lifestyle and I talked him into me being able to book a trip when I lose 100lbs. I am 15 lbs away from that goal so staying at the Grand Floridian would be a bonus way to celebrate. Especially since I would probably book the trip to be in February of 2024 since we enjoyed February in 2022 so much.

Loved the video! It made me sob! My younger sister and I went to WDW with our kids every single year for the past 20 years. We both retired last year and were planning numerous WDW trips. Sadly my sister unexpectedly passed last year, a month later my mom passed. But I did take my kids on our scheduled trip, though we shed a lot of tears, I’m so glad we went. This year my kids and I are going but I’m forcing my brother to tag along. We are staying at the Grand Floridian. He has never been to WDW so we are super excited to show him everything! We are also planning another trip with my nieces, not sure where we will stay but we are looking forward to it! Life is short, take that trip with your loved ones, you won’t regret it!

That is awesome! The Grand Floridian is my dream resort and I hope to stay there one day. Maybe I will be able to talk hubby into splurging on our next trip, even if it's just a couple nights during the trip. I am on a weight loss journey to get healthy and change habits and lifestyle and I talked him into me being able to book a trip when I lose 100lbs. I am 15 lbs away from that goal so staying at the Grand Floridian would be a bonus way to celebrate. Especially since I would probably book the trip to be in February of 2024 since we enjoyed February in 2022 so much.
So inspiring, my sister and I, now both empty-nesters, are getting ready for our trip to the GF on the 50th anniversary of our first visit in 1973 as kids. I remember a few years ago going through the GF on the monorail thinking it would be a dream to stay there someday. Dreams do come true! My parents would be so happy to know that my sister and I grew up to be best friends, and that our idea of a great vacation is replicating the one that they took us on such a long time ago.

I remember when the Grand first opened, I used to call it "the princess hotel" when we would pass it on the monorail. I wanted to stay there (and the Poly) so badly but knew we could never afford it. We were strictly an offsite family for our vacations when I was growing up, the most "on property" we ever stayed was at the Dolphin. When I finally got to in 2021 for my 40th birthday, even during weird pandemic Disney times, it was so incredibly magical. I was very sad that my partner could not join me because the Canadian border was still closed at the time, but it was a wonderful trip and it definitely lived up to my dreams and more. Waking up to see the castle from my balcony on my actual birthday made me legitimately tear up. There is just something special about this resort I can't explain.

DH and I just left GF a little while ago. I’m attaching some construction pictures from a few hours ago. FYI, it was pretty loud at times if you were walking outside nearby (sounded like saws, etc) but I didn’t hear anything from the main building (my room was on the atrium side/beach pool side). I could hear something pretty loud that sounded like jack hammers for a short while yesterday morning and again this morning for some work they are doing at the entrance gate, but it doesn’t seem like they could be working there long?? When they were working on Boca Chica last 4th of July, it was pretty loud, but it wasn’t when we were there early September so I’m guessing once they move to more work inside, it’s not as loud…but I’m not sure how long that will be on SL and Sago?? Does anyone remember if it was loud in August?? They were working pretty hard on the outside of SL for sure right now! Not a single manager or CM that I spoke to at GF knew anything about any construction starting in the main building in March, and although nobody knew a start date for certain on the main building renovations, several thought it would be in May. One of the RPC managers said the only thing they know is that all the main building rooms and lobby will begin at once but that the lobby work would continue beyond the main building rooms reopening. One would hope that means it would just be finish work like painting that wouldn’t be too disruptive! One CM told me they will keep a portion of the lobby open the whole time for check ins and such which makes sense, but if it’s anything like when they put the marble floors in years ago, it will be a mess!! We are keeping our reservation at GF in a few weeks for spring break based on what we were told so I hope this holds true and that maybe they will have moved more inside at SL at least! Hope this info is helpful to someone and doesn’t cause too much stress! We had a great time!

Attachments

• 23492556-E408-4A11-AB2D-013651B82E02.jpeg
    23492556-E408-4A11-AB2D-013651B82E02.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 37
  • C7604E1A-9697-4C56-8014-C115456228B0.jpeg
    C7604E1A-9697-4C56-8014-C115456228B0.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 6A296DE7-9642-40F5-8533-F2CD1A13F49A.jpeg
    6A296DE7-9642-40F5-8533-F2CD1A13F49A.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 37
DH and I just left GF a little while ago. I’m attaching some construction pictures from a few hours ago. FYI, it was pretty loud at times if you were walking outside nearby (sounded like saws, etc) but I didn’t hear anything from the main building (my room was on the atrium side/beach pool side). I could hear something pretty loud that sounded like jack hammers for a short while yesterday morning and again this morning for some work they are doing at the entrance gate, but it doesn’t seem like they could be working there long?? When they were working on Boca Chica last 4th of July, it was pretty loud, but it wasn’t when we were there early September so I’m guessing once they move to more work inside, it’s not as loud…but I’m not sure how long that will be on SL and Sago?? Does anyone remember if it was loud in August?? They were working pretty hard on the outside of SL for sure right now! Not a single manager or CM that I spoke to at GF knew anything about any construction starting in the main building in March, and although nobody knew a start date for certain on the main building renovations, several thought it would be in May. One of the RPC managers said the only thing they know is that all the main building rooms and lobby will begin at once but that the lobby work would continue beyond the main building rooms reopening. One would hope that means it would just be finish work like painting that wouldn’t be too disruptive! One CM told me they will keep a portion of the lobby open the whole time for check ins and such which makes sense, but if it’s anything like when they put the marble floors in years ago, it will be a mess!! We are keeping our reservation at GF in a few weeks for spring break based on what we were told so I hope this holds true and that maybe they will have moved more inside at SL at least! Hope this info is helpful to someone and doesn’t cause too much stress! We had a great time!
Thanks for the updates! I really couldn't imagine they'd be starting anything in the main building in March anyway, with 2 other buildings still heavily under construction. May seems reasonable, assuming both Sugar Loaf and Sago Cay are completed by then (which also goes with the "late spring" reopening of the walking path to MK.)

Scored a Narcoosee's res for 5/1 for our 2 night stay at gf. Can't wait to see it!
Nice! We're debating Citrico's vs. Narcoosee's for our Poly trip. I don't like seafood at all but partner does and I feel bad that she never gets to have it around me.

Hey y’all I have a question! New member here and I’m curious about the cabana rentals at the pool. I know they come with a fridge full of sodas, but do the cast members refill the fridge for free? Or is it an extra cost? I remember it being free, but my husband seems to believe that it’s an extra charge for each refill of the fridge.

Thanks for the help!

Hey y’all I have a question! New member here and I’m curious about the cabana rentals at the pool. I know they come with a fridge full of sodas, but do the cast members refill the fridge for free? Or is it an extra cost? I remember it being free, but my husband seems to believe that it’s an extra charge for each refill of the fridge.

Thanks for the help!
@Dispro1 please help. :)

My friend just had one this past weekend. I know she had a fruit plate.

Im not sure if beach pool vs courtyard makes a difference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter