• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Happy New Year's Eve! This photo courtesy of my GF CM daughter who was at the MK last night enjoying Fantasy In the Sky, sadly without me for the first year in many years (with the exception of the Covid year). I'm so jealous of all you folks who are enjoying New Years at WDW, but hope you have a wonderful time! I'm missing my annual bday trip. My husband and I opted to stay home this year due to our WDW NYE budget being re-allocated on sending my younger daughter to London, England to sing in the London International Choir Festival and to march in the London New Year's Day Parade with her high school band and choir. Of course, I'm feeling blessed that both of my daughters are fortunate enough to be living their best lives at WDW and in London. I'll have to make the best of it here at home. (To be honest, now that the day is here, I'm thinking I should've just said "the heck with money" and gone to WDW anyway - LOL!) Already thinking about planning for next year! To all - have a fun, safe and Happy New Year!69413823882__8B5D3FFB-1105-427A-9B6D-97E236AFCF50.jpg

I'll be down in a theme park view outer building room in a few weeks. I've had bad luck with the room request feature on touring plans over the years. We would like to be in Boca Chica, how do you guys normally request?

Any news/ updates on Conch Key refurb? We leave in 3 weeks, and I'm anxious to know if there's a possibility it would be done!

Any news/ updates on Conch Key refurb? We leave in 3 weeks, and I'm anxious to know if there's a possibility it would be done!

Was by there on the boat a few times the last few days. You can see light fixtures installed and TVs on in some of the rooms. That’s not conclusive of course but gave me the impression they are cranking along pretty fast.

Was by there on the boat a few times the last few days. You can see light fixtures installed and TVs on in some of the rooms. That’s not conclusive of course but gave me the impression they are cranking along pretty fast.
Is there still scaffolding up all over outside?

Hi friends! I'm booked for a resort studio... I'm not a part of the dvc, do the resort studios get housekeeping?

Anyone who has just been to Grand Floridian, is anything closed other than the construction happening at Conch key? Just found out the slide at the Poly Lava pool is closed next week and wondering if I should recommend my sister change hotels (has two young boys excited to swim).

Anyone who has just been to Grand Floridian, is anything closed other than the construction happening at Conch key? Just found out the slide at the Poly Lava pool is closed next week and wondering if I should recommend my sister change hotels (has two young boys excited to swim).
Everything looks pretty good a GF other than the Conch area. Honestly Poly looks fine. Pools are good. I would not want a std resort room though with possibility of crappy view. I was at poly this weekend fyi.

This is a YouTube video a friend sent me of the room I had. I booked a TPV RPC room. We got the Disney suite. I found out at check in but didn’t tell dd. I gave her room number and waited for her eyes to pop when she realized the double doors was HER room. Priceless memory! My dd loves Walt and Roy so it was a special day for us all.

Only a 1 night stay but the memories will last a lifetime. 🥰

I’m at Grand Floridian right now. No sign of pool refurb or other previously unreported construction going on. I believe Poly slide is closing Jan 3. (Just checked out of Poly.)

Happy New Year's Eve! This photo courtesy of my GF CM daughter who was at the MK last night ....sadly without me for the first year in many years (with the exception of the Covid year). I'm so jealous of all you folks who are enjoying New Years at WDW .....To all - have a fun, safe and Happy New Year!
69413823882__8b5d3ffb-1105-427a-9b6d-97e236afcf50-jpg.728711

...my DS was working at the Hollywood Brown Derby on NYE [they stayed open til' midnight!]...and thanks for sharing that pic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter