Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

We just booked our second Grand Floridian stay for November 2023. It's our 15th wedding anniversary, so we went all out and booked a Main Building Deluxe King Room - Club Level. I am so excited. We stayed at GF about 5 years ago in a Garden View room in Sago Cay and just loved it. I can't imagine how much we are going to love being in the main building.
you will love it! its so fun! I did it last halloween in 2021 with my husband - we were upgraded to club level! It was SO GREAT! Ill be doing that next trip with my kids- all those extra snacks are amazing!

I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian this coming July and was wondering if anyone had any Magic Kingdom rope drop experiences? In another thread it says the walkway will allow you entry to the front gates a half hour before park open but that seems pretty late considering most resorts you can grab a bus an hour beforehand. Any idea if that's accurate and what the entry is like at the walkway? Is it similar to the Contemporary side with the single security booth for people to walk through? Are there any other recommendations for rope dropping and getting to the front gates as early as possible like using the boat or monorail instead?

I'll be staying at the Grand Floridian this coming July and was wondering if anyone had any Magic Kingdom rope drop experiences? In another thread it says the walkway will allow you entry to the front gates a half hour before park open but that seems pretty late considering most resorts you can grab a bus an hour beforehand. Any idea if that's accurate and what the entry is like at the walkway? Is it similar to the Contemporary side with the single security booth for people to walk through? Are there any other recommendations for rope dropping and getting to the front gates as early as possible like using the boat or monorail instead?
The walkway is open much earlier than 1/2 hour before rope drop.

The security is located at the end of the walkway and is shared with the people getting off the boat. It is very quick and easy, especially if you don't arrive at the same time as the boat. We prefer to walk because it only takes about 12 - 16 minutes to get there and it is a lovely walk in the morning. :)

Like Wood Nymph, I enjoyed the walk during my stay at GF. The monorail has special memories for me and I do like it. But I seem to not have had the best luck with my monorail travels, and tend to get into a "holding" situation quite often. I enjoyed the relaxed walk and peace of mind not to have to worry about sitting inside the stopped monorail. We left our room incredibly early and the walkway was open.

Like Wood Nymph, I enjoyed the walk during my stay at GF. The monorail has special memories for me and I do like it. But I seem to not have had the best luck with my monorail travels, and tend to get into a "holding" situation quite often. I enjoyed the relaxed walk and peace of mind not to have to worry about sitting inside the stopped monorail. We left our room incredibly early and the walkway was open.
If I may ask, how early before the Early Entry time did you leave your room, hit the walkway, and make it to MK?

If I may ask, how early before the Early Entry time did you leave your room, hit the walkway, and make it to MK?
I wish I could remember the actual time. We like to arrive an hour prior to opening. We are slow walkers, so we probably left the room about an hour and twenty minutes before RD - possibly earlier. The only other people on the walkway were people taking a mornning run. We arrived at security before they were allowing people to go through. Hopefully this helps a bit. I am going to take more pictures next trip. The time stamps could help me give better information.

You will enjoy GF! Have a great trip!!

Didn't they do something like that when they upgraded to the beautiful character marble flooring and carpet? I hope they keep all of that, I think its beautiful.
I could see the marble staying, but the carpet is definitely past it's time. I think GF has had the most tasteful refurb of the deluxe resorts recently with the least IP shoved down your throat (subtle touches vs Incredibles or Moana everywhere) so I am optimistic. Citricos, the outer building lobbies, and new cash/DVC rooms show it may be a bit more vibrant, but I think this will help keep it fresh. My fingers are crossed.

I was there over the busy Thanksgiving weekend this year. I left the GF at 7:45, made it to the MK by 8, made it to the Fantasyland bridge by 8:10. I had decided to do the 8:30 early entry on a whim, so I made a note of my experience.

I stayed at the GF, was up earlier than my kids one morning and decided to head to the MK for a solo morning. I left my room at 7:45, took the walking path at a leisurely pace and was at the MK by 8. Walked straight through security at the end of the path (by the boat dock). No one was in line at security (there is never a line there). There was a fairly good sized crowd at the taptstiles to get into the park, but lines moved very quickly. Upon entering the MK, there were CM's with "Early Entry" signs near the Plaza. I walked over, scanned my Magicband and went to the early entry holding area on the bridge to Fantasyland, near the Mad Tea Cups (only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open during Early Entry). I hit the Fantasyland bridge at 8:10 and was close to the front of the waiting pack. Had to wait there for 15 minutes. They dropped the rope at about 8:25. Most of the waiting crowd RAN to 7DMT.

I wasn't there with any agenda other than to look at Christmas decorations and enjoy the ambiance of a relatively uncrowded Fantasyland, so I walked in at a leisurely pace. By the time I got to 7DMT a minute or two later, the line was already posted at 45min. I walked over to Peter Pan and rode that as a walk-on. When I got off, the PP line was pretty long. 7DMT showed 90 min. I could've walked on any other Fantasyland ride, but opted to grab a quick breakfast at Friar Nook's instead. I then headed over to the waiting area by Liberty Square (near Haunted Mansion) for the 9AM rope drop. I rode HM as a walk-on. It seemed like the bulk of the crowd ran for Splash / BTMRR. I spent the rest of my morning strolling around shopping and looking at decorations. By the time I got down to Splash / BTMRR and Pirates the wait times were in the 20 min range. Jungle Cruise wait time was high, but it always is. I headed out by about 10:30 to meet my kids back at the resort.

I think if I were planning to attempt a ride-efficient Early Entry at MK with concentration on Fantasyland, I'd go to Peter Pan, Pooh, book a 9AM ILL for 7DMT, then hit the Ad-Lib rides - HM, Splash, BTMRR, Pirates and try to Lightning Lane Jungle Cruise.

I was there over the busy Thanksgiving weekend this year. I left the GF at 7:45, made it to the MK by 8, made it to the Fantasyland bridge by 8:10. I had decided to do the 8:30 early entry on a whim, so I made a note of my experience.
Thank you for such good information! We always leave too early b/c I feel this urge to be at the front of the pack. But then everyone runs past me as the different holding points are opened.

Thank you for such good information! We always leave too early b/c I feel this urge to be at the front of the pack. But then everyone runs past me as the different holding points are opened.
I know what you mean! As I was sitting on the Fantasyland bridge for 15 min waiting for rope drop, I thought "Why did I get here this early?" I had no agenda, and I certainly had no intention of trying to outrace the pack running for 7DMT.

Heading there late May. Wondering how things will look by then.

If the lobby is completely closed, that will be a damper. They might wanna redo the monorail station also for all we know
...we are going the end of March and I was wondering about that too!

I'm really going to miss this lovely decor once they change it:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjlQH9WpAljtD19h-OLXNoIVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiOE5ENz_elQw06TfOISDfOaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJh-30r78JAyAKfZrWd6pnD6Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgQNzpX6yPa3b67E2RVOxJOKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJg6HJq8QjNIgY1GS-2sjnUuV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhkx2RoKdh4n-UD3dGkA6_WUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi-kWRyyhifkH7oEG8dWwCFldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

I'm really going to miss this lovely decor once they change it:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjlQH9WpAljtD19h-OLXNoIVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiOE5ENz_elQw06TfOISDfOaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJh-30r78JAyAKfZrWd6pnD6Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJgQNzpX6yPa3b67E2RVOxJOKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJg6HJq8QjNIgY1GS-2sjnUuV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhkx2RoKdh4n-UD3dGkA6_WUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJi-kWRyyhifkH7oEG8dWwCFldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow
Great photos! I'm sure they're just going to swap out the mustard/olive/beige rug and the sofas, tables, chairs with the new color scheme, but leave the creamy white architectural elements and the marble tile alone, a la the Villas buildings. I personally far prefer the new color scheme. To me, it's more fresh and vibrant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter