Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Anyone there now and can report on the construction noise by the pool during the day? We're there in a few weeks and planned on several relaxing pool days, it's why we splurged for the resort. Hoping it's not too bad.

Does anyone know if they allow pool noodles at GF? We have a split stay between YC & GF and was thinking of bringing some with!

We've decided to take a last minute trip the week of August 8th. The only thing available with an AP discount for the whole week is an outer building garden view. The only time I've ever stayed at GF before was in a TPV Royal Palm CL room. I'm nervous about booking. Can anyone give me any insight into the outer buildings and garden views? Thank you.

Edited to ask if all rooms at GF are getting daily housekeeping service now and not just CL?
Hi,
We were just there a few weeks ago. We had booked garden view. We liked our building (I think Sago Cay) because it was close to the walkway to MK and the main building. We also found out if we crossed a "service road" to a pathway the bus stop was right there. We were happy to learn that we had housekeeping everyday! (We had done a split stay at YC and it was every other day there.) We also could have ordered room service if we wanted to

I just watched a You Tube video of those new rooms in BPK and I'd be excited too if I was booked for a stay in them! They are beautiful.
Did I see you post on another thread you are going to MNSSHP 9/9?

Me too! I think I’ll be at CR but I have a friend staying at Poly and another at GF so it should be fun that weekend. They are going 9/11 but I’m doing BOTH nights with dd and a friend,.

Will you be at GF for this trip? The visa discount has been decent for GF.

Yes, that's the plan...for the 9th. It will be a solo trip. I just got back a week or so ago, but am itching to do a party. It's been years!!
Will you dress up or just maybe wear a Halloween t-shirt. I'm undecided. I mainly want to see the decorations (LOVE the fall ones) and people's costumes. Right now I am between resorts. Had a ressie for AKL but then decided it's too far away so I am looking into either the CR or the GF. Stayed at the CR last week and enjoyed the location.
And please tell me, when is the Poly gonna hand out some discounts??????????

I grabbed an outer building theme park view when it came available! Does anyone know if you can view the Electrical Water Pageant from those rooms or do you need to go around to the beach side?
Thanks!! Only 6 more days!!

Does anyone know anything about when the shipyard may reopen? We have a large party and was interested in doing the yacht 1 for fireworks but can't really find info on it anymore. Thinking they may have permanently stopped doing it?
We have booked this three times in the past, pre-covid. We were there the last week of June and it was once again sitting in the marina. It's actually called the Grand 1 instead of Yacht 1. Maybe that's why you can't find it. It's usually listed under Specialty Cruises.

I grabbed an outer building theme park view when it came available! Does anyone know if you can view the Electrical Water Pageant from those rooms or do you need to go around to the beach side?
Thanks!! Only 6 more days!!

It depends what building your in, but the beach side is a definite. Have a great trip

Anyone there now and can report on the construction noise by the pool during the day? We're there in a few weeks and planned on several relaxing pool days, it's why we splurged for the resort. Hoping it's not too bad.
I am here now. I have spent two days at the courtyard pool. Yesterday was not bad at all for noise but today it is much more noticeable. They have started to replace the roof on the side of the building closest to the pool while also still working on the stairs so there is more activity. The roofing is moving along really quickly. I am still enjoying my day at the pool but I am glad to have headphones sometimes. If you were swimming and playing it would be even less noticeable as compared to those of us who are just relaxing by the pool. Of course - there is always the other pool to go to as well and I am sure you wouldn’t hear anything at that pool.

I am here now. I have spent two days at the courtyard pool. Yesterday was not bad at all for noise but today it is much more noticeable. They have started to replace the roof on the side of the building closest to the pool while also still working on the stairs so there is more activity. The roofing is moving along really quickly. I am still enjoying my day at the pool but I am glad to have headphones sometimes. If you were swimming and playing it would be even less noticeable as compared to those of us who are just relaxing by the pool. Of course - there is always the other pool to go to as well and I am sure you wouldn’t hear anything at that pool.
Good to know. You should ask if they know when that building will be done and re-opening since you are there!

Yes, that's the plan...for the 9th. It will be a solo trip. I just got back a week or so ago, but am itching to do a party. It's been years!!
Will you dress up or just maybe wear a Halloween t-shirt. I'm undecided. I mainly want to see the decorations (LOVE the fall ones) and people's costumes. Right now I am between resorts. Had a ressie for AKL but then decided it's too far away so I am looking into either the CR or the GF. Stayed at the CR last week and enjoyed the location.
And please tell me, when is the Poly gonna hand out some discounts??????????
I got the visa discount on my Sept trip at CR but I could have done GF too. 25% did help!

I hope poly included for fall/after 9/8 end date AP.

I wear Halloween stuff but dd has a 1st timer coming with us and if they think of something I’d join in.

We have booked this three times in the past, pre-covid. We were there the last week of June and it was once again sitting in the marina. It's actually called the Grand 1 instead of Yacht 1. Maybe that's why you can't find it. It's usually listed under Specialty Cruises.
I had a friend use it oct 1 2021👍

Hi guys!! Checked in to BPK this morning!! Was still at Boardwalk when our Room Ready text came, so that was great start to the day!! (Around 10:30am!) Rooms are BEAUTIFUL 😍 Love our view!

159BCC58-F2BE-4248-9AFD-EBEE870B570F.jpeg

B0633E68-72F6-4328-BF29-34ADA883B094.jpeg

C153179C-FD69-459E-A00B-D9DA2F3C0172.jpeg

335F267A-B430-4A78-BD6A-8484FA37916A.jpeg

957FFF9D-A27F-4AB6-A3A0-57C248EAF8F1.jpeg

7068683A-7A82-4598-889D-A6AC958DDD4C.jpeg

C50A0C97-3BCB-40C4-BCBE-B8491B836BDC.jpeg

F2BA94D5-FCF4-480E-A598-B072B7594535.jpeg

27EBA994-0889-49AC-B301-07F9BC13AD36.jpegADF8F183-C32E-444E-A74B-80466128381A.jpeg

Last edited:
Did I see you post on another thread you are going to MNSSHP 9/9?

Me too! I think I’ll be at CR but I have a friend staying at Poly and another at GF so it should be fun that weekend. They are going 9/11 but I’m doing BOTH nights with dd and a friend,.

Will you be at GF for this trip? The visa discount has been decent for GF.
hi! Soory Im new here- do you pay off your disney vacation with the visa CC? I am considering getting one.....

hi! Soory Im new here- do you pay off your disney vacation with the visa CC? I am considering getting one.....
You just have to have the Disney visa attached to your profile to get the discount on the resort stay. You can pay with your Disney visa though too, I believe you may get 6mo with 0% on trips booked on the card. It’a good to have for other perks too like discounts on some stores/restaurants, and special pictures in Epcot and HS! They usually have a decent sign up deal too with a statement credit. I think if you use a current card members referral code to sign up you get a better deal (was that way for me).

Thanks @jennab

I have had my Disney visa for years. I have used the discount for room bookings many times. Usually it is in Jan to spring but this year was different. Sometimes it’s because the GP or AP discount is not available for my dates /hotel I’m interested in.

I also like to get the reward $ and use on dining for my trip. It’s easy to transfer to a redemption card. After 1st time ordering one you just continue to add to it and reuse.

I don’t do packages. I always do hotel res and pay only 1 night. I often change hotels or dates and need the flexibility . However it seems like a nice option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter