Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

First Look at Newly Redesigned Victoria & Albert’s Restaurant

Disney has shared a first look at new details for the refreshed Victoria & Albert’s Restaurant. Victoria & Albert’s reopens July 28th at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.

img_3634.jpg

img_3633.jpg

I’ll be watching for your updates…thanks! If you need a quiet place for a work call, you might consider the couch on the fifth floor of RPC. It’s typically empty up there that time of day…although you may not want to be there for 3 hours lol! The windows/view up there are gorgeous, but these were the only pictures I could find from that couch area.
I just spoke to a lovely cast member at Signature Services. She said that the balconies they will be renovating from July 18 to mid-August are the common area balconies, not those in the guest rooms.
She said she was not aware of any other Main Building renovations in August (but of course that could change 😉)
Just thought I would share that info with you guys!

I just spoke to a lovely cast member at Signature Services. She said that the balconies they will be renovating from July 18 to mid-August are the common area balconies, not those in the guest rooms.
She said she was not aware of any other Main Building renovations in August (but of course that could change 😉)
Thank you SO MUCH!!

First Look at Newly Redesigned Victoria & Albert’s Restaurant

Disney has shared a first look at new details for the refreshed Victoria & Albert’s Restaurant. Victoria & Albert’s reopens July 28th at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.

img_3634.jpg

img_3633.jpg

I've never been to V&As so speaking from ignorance here. Unpopular opinion I guess, but I've never found the pictures particularly appealing. Something about the inside places at GF such as this and 1900 Park Fair have just always struck me as a little bland. But this looks really nice, IMHO.

Maybe someday.

We've decided to take a last minute trip the week of August 8th. The only thing available with an AP discount for the whole week is an outer building garden view. The only time I've ever stayed at GF before was in a TPV Royal Palm CL room. I'm nervous about booking. Can anyone give me any insight into the outer buildings and garden views? Thank you.

Edited to ask if all rooms at GF are getting daily housekeeping service now and not just CL?

I've never been to V&As so speaking from ignorance here. Unpopular opinion I guess, but I've never found the pictures particularly appealing. Something about the inside places at GF such as this and 1900 Park Fair have just always struck me as a little bland. But this looks really nice, IMHO.

Maybe someday.
I agree, I think it looks lovely. If I wasn’t such a horribly picky eater, I’d definitely dine there. Since I will probably never experience this restaurant myself, I’ll just live through all of you! In the meantime, I’ll be over at my favorite, Narcoossee’s, when it reopens!! ☺️

We've decided to take a last minute trip the week of August 8th. The only thing available with an AP discount for the whole week is an outer building garden view. The only time I've ever stayed at GF before was in a TPV Royal Palm CL room. I'm nervous about booking. Can anyone give me any insight into the outer buildings and garden views? Thank you.

Edited to ask if all rooms at GF are getting daily housekeeping service now and not just CL?
For what it's worth - I always stay GF outer building garden view. I never put in room requests. I've had all kinds of views, and I've enjoyed all of them. A couple of times I had partial park views, and could see the electrical water pageant. My "worst" view was of the monorail, lake and walking path. I wasn't thrilled with that at first, but ended up really liking it. It was peaceful and I liked watching the monorails go by. Outside of price, the "pros" of being in the outer buildings include quick access to the pools, walking path, boat dock, Gasparilla Grill. Of course, if anyone offered me RPC TPV, I'd take it in a heartbeat! I do not know about housekeeping now. My last trip was Spring of this year and did not have daily housekeeping, but did have housekeeping stop by to offer fresh towels, shampoo, coffee, etc.

Agree with @sdk1231 the great majority of rooms have a nice view. However the difference is in the balcony style. Upper floors have enclosed balcony. While it is private you can’t really see while sitting down. In August it may be too hot anyways but if you get to your room don’t touch anything, look at your view and head back to lobby and ask for different if needed.

Oh ok. Those are 3rd floor. One is facing the monorail and the other faces courtyard pool. Those have been smoking areas for RPC. However the pool facing one is often used for fireworks viewing. If that happens head to boat dock or in front of GGG.

I was curious. That is so less intrusive that hotel room balconies !

I've stayed a few times in Garden View rooms. I've never had a bad
view. I would certainly book that now. I would check multiple times
daily, using incognito mode, and be ready to hit that change button
if you see an option that works better for you. Diligence really pays off since people (like me!) are constantly changing their plans.

We normally stay GF garden view. We were big lovers of the CL in Sugarloaf, but it’s gone now. That being said, I love the view of the courtyard pool. They are doing construction on Boca Chica, which might want you to request Sago Cay or Conch Key. But Sugarloaf has some lovely views!

AEA74030-AE11-4A9B-B73B-9793488922A1.jpeg]

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding a little nuts. . .

Are you able to access Beaches Pool Bar without having to "tap in" at the gate? Last summer, I had the lobster sliders and I would like them again. We are staying at YC for Food and Wine. I also love the shops at GF. They have many of the same items as else where on site, but it is just more fun to browse at GF. AND I could step into the mini lobby at the new DVC to get a feel for all the new changes.

Living in the burbs of Houston, yummy food is easy to find with the exception of lobster roll type things. I do chase the lobster roll food truck around town every now and again. It is cheaper than flying to Maine for lunch. :)

At the risk of sounding a little nuts. . .

Are you able to access Beaches Pool Bar without having to "tap in" at the gate? Last summer, I had the lobster sliders and I would like them again. We are staying at YC for Food and Wine. I also love the shops at GF. They have many of the same items as else where on site, but it is just more fun to browse at GF. AND I could step into the mini lobby at the new DVC to get a feel for all the new changes.

Living in the burbs of Houston, yummy food is easy to find with the exception of lobster roll type things. I do chase the lobster roll food truck around town every now and again. It is cheaper than flying to Maine for lunch. :)
Yes! There are no tap-in’s at the pool gates. However, keep in mind that if you are driving, you may not be permitted on property without a resort/dining reservation. The gate guards are hit and miss. Your best bet would be to take Disney transportation or even walk from MK if visiting. Enjoy!

OMG- we will be at Disney August 1-15. We are at YC until August 12. We originally were at GF August 12-15 but switched to the Contemporary due to construction. Two of my favorite GV rooms at GF were Sago Cay and Conch Key. Maybe we will run into each other !

Is anyone having trouble getting a night at a monorail or Epcot resort for September 24-25? Is it just that it’s a Saturday, kind of late etc or is something going on? We are booked 17-24 and I’d like to add stay one more night! No luck though!

We are going in Feb 2023 and booked a Deluxe Studio so we could have the kitchenette. I don't know the building names or where we will be but I am wondering if
we will end up with renovations or construction work that would mess up our Lake View. Any info would be appreciated.

We are going in Feb 2023 and booked a Deluxe Studio so we could have the kitchenette. I don't know the building names or where we will be but I am wondering if
we will end up with renovations or construction work that would mess up our Lake View. Any info would be appreciated.
Not at all. You’ll be over by the DVC building, circled in red. Enjoy!

206F617F-479B-4B17-995F-BC72D2FA307F.jpeg

Does anyone know anything about when the shipyard may reopen? We have a large party and was interested in doing the yacht 1 for fireworks but can't really find info on it anymore. Thinking they may have permanently stopped doing it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter