Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Roof and Stairs Mostly Restored Amidst Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Construction

Refurbished resort studio rooms are under construction at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for Disney Vacation Club members. Areas of the resort have been closed and covered in scaffolding as the buildings are updated inside and out.

White tarps cover the top row of the scaffolding.

grand-flo-construction-11-scaled.jpg

grand-flo-construction-2-scaled.jpg

1653930186371.jpeg

1653930273848.jpeg

*Click link for additional pics/information

I have a new favorite resort! we just got back and I am IN LOVE! Can't wait to go back again! We were in a lagoon view in Boca Chica and truly it was a full theme park view, IMO. The *only* complaint I have is that Gasparilla Grill could use some more options.

I have a new favorite resort! we just got back and I am IN LOVE! Can't wait to go back again! We were in a lagoon view in Boca Chica and truly it was a full theme park view, IMO. The *only* complaint I have is that Gasparilla Grill could use some more options.
Happy you enjoyed it!! Any chance you took a picture of the Recreation Calendar? Thanks!

I see ENCHANTED ROSE has pressed coffee. Is there anywhere else to get that, preferably in the morning?

Do all the studio villas (the villa stand-alone bldg) have the Murphy-style pull-down bed? I'm hoping?? Can someone confirm?

Stayed in Boca Chica (4th floor) last week. The bathroom had a minty foot rub bottle. Is this new? we stayed in another building earlier this year and didn’t have this toiletry. Pretty sure we had lagoon view both times (maybe this time was a theme park view).

Hi. So I am planning on renting some points to try that newly designed DVC room. What room type is that? Like the name of it if booking DVC. Also, the preview room showed two beds in both. Are there any with just 1 king size bed? All view types? Also, do you check in at the DVC lobby or the main lobby? Not even sure where these new design rooms are located lol Never been to GF. Always been to poly but wanna try something different in 2023.

I don't understand why they aren't making all the rooms look like those to be honest. Feels pretty " grand "

Thanks!

What room type is that? Like the name of it if booking DVC.

The new style rooms look absolutely lovely, don’t they? Just perfect for the Grand Floridian! They are called “Resort Studios.” The older studios in the original DVC building are called “Deluxe Studios.”

Also, the preview room showed two beds in both. Are there any with just 1 king size bed?

Not that they’ve announced. All rooms seem to have the two queens plus a day-bed style couch so they can sleep five.

All view types?

Standard, Lagoon View and Theme Park View

Also, do you check in at the DVC lobby or the main lobby?

I would like to know this too. I’ve already rented points for Holiday season and I can’t wait!

Not even sure where these new design rooms are located lol Never been to GF.

All the resort studios will be in Big Pine Key. It’s a nice location close to the main building.

Have fun planning!

Stayed in Boca Chica (4th floor) last week. The bathroom had a minty foot rub bottle. Is this new? we stayed in another building earlier this year and didn’t have this toiletry. Pretty sure we had lagoon view both times (maybe this time was a theme park view).
That minty foot rub is a classic . However that and the solar gel aka aloe can be hit or miss with the mono resorts.

Keep in mind if you don’t get it ask the maid or call housekeeping . If they have it they will give it to you. Sometimes they just run out.

I booked an outer building theme park view for Fourth of July. Do you know if the music can be heard clearly from the fireworks show? If not, I heard that there might be a channel on the TV that you can put on that syncs with the show. Does that also work for the Fourth of July show?

Hey guys! Just wanted to give you a heads up that my stay at The Grand isn’t for at least another five months, however, I received an email saying that there will be construction going on during my stay. The new resort studios at BPK are supposed to be completed and open by June 20.

Here is the email.…
Dear Guest,​
Welcome home!​
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World®. Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you may see or hear construction during daytime hours, including from common areas, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am.

Please refer to the Know Before You Go page for the most up-to-date hours, amenities and information on what will be available to you such as dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.​
For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800between the hours of 9:00am-9:00pm (ET) Mondaythrough Friday or 9:00am-7:00pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday. One of our Vacation Advisors will be happy to assist you.​

General Manager Cosmo Kapoor and the team at The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!​
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Last edited:

New Chandeliers Visible Inside Refurbished Rooms, Exterior Construction Continues on Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

Refurbished resort studio rooms are under construction at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa for Disney Vacation Club members. Areas of the resort have been closed and covered in scaffolding as the buildings are updated inside and out.

1654808197403.jpeg

grand-floridian-refurb-3-scaled.jpg

The stairwells were completely demolished and are now being reconstructed.

grand-floridian-refurb-1-scaled.jpg

Yellow paneling has been installed on the edges of this stairwell.

*Click link for additional pictures

Hey guys! Just wanted to give you a heads up that my stay at The Grand isn’t for at least another five months, however, I received an email saying that there will be construction going on during my stay. The new resort studios at BPK are supposed to be completed and open by June 20.

Here is the email.…
Dear Guest,​
Welcome home!​
In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World®. Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of renovations that will be taking place during your visit. While we work our magic, you may see or hear construction during daytime hours, including from common areas, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am.

Please refer to the Know Before You Go page for the most up-to-date hours, amenities and information on what will be available to you such as dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.​
For reservations made through Disney Vacation Club® Member Services, please call at 800-800-9800 or 407-566-3800between the hours of 9:00am-9:00pm (ET) Mondaythrough Friday or 9:00am-7:00pm (ET) Saturday and Sunday. One of our Vacation Advisors will be happy to assist you.​

General Manager Cosmo Kapoor and the team at The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!​
Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

Poly new dvc construction maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter