Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Will get me in trouble around here I guess, but I say thank goodness. We really enjoyed our one Narcoossee's experience, I think it was last year sometime. But the decor in there is dreadfully dated - in my humble opinion! With how much I enjoy the new Citricos, Narcoossee's has been easy to ignore - glad to see it getting some love. :-)
Once they fancy it up, probably won’t allow flip flops inside anymore. 😜

Will get me in trouble around here I guess, but I say thank goodness. We really enjoyed our one Narcoossee's experience, I think it was last year sometime. But the decor in there is dreadfully dated - in my humble opinion! With how much I enjoy the new Citricos, Narcoossee's has been easy to ignore - glad to see it getting some love. :-)

I too am happy Narcoossee's is getting some love. I love the food and the location setting is beautiful. It's time the inside gets an update.

Hi all! Thanks so much for this informative thread. I’m staying at the GF with my family in less than two weeks and am so excited!

Does anyone know if there is a caricature artist in the lobby currently? My kids got their drawings done when we were staying at the Poly 4 years ago and we’d like to get updated ones during our trip. Thanks!

Hi all! Thanks so much for this informative thread. I’m staying at the GF with my family in less than two weeks and am so excited!

Does anyone know if there is a caricature artist in the lobby currently? My kids got their drawings done when we were staying at the Poly 4 years ago and we’d like to get updated ones during our trip. Thanks!
Just asked dd . She noticed one at CR but we didn’t notice one at gf.
That doesn’t mean there wasn’t one, we just didn’t see one. We were there 3/20-24.

I haven’t seen one our last 3 trips there. Only one I know of is in MK.

Just asked dd . She noticed one at CR but we didn’t notice one at gf.
That doesn’t mean there wasn’t one, we just didn’t see one. We were there 3/20-24.

I haven’t seen one our last 3 trips there. Only one I know of is in MK.
Thanks so much for your responses. If they aren’t at GF it sounds like they are nearby.

While the decor indeed may be dated, I’m usually too busy eating my way through the menu to notice! 😁

Hi GF fans! We have an upcoming stay at the end of this year (12/8-12/11) and I was searching for timeline info on the refurbishments taking place around the resort. I haven't stayed at the Grand in many years and am really excited but also hoping that there isn't significant lobby disruption or even that upgraded/refurbed rooms may be a thing by then (non-DVC). I just scrolled through about ten pages of this thread but don't see any timeline details. Does anyone have a rough outline they could point me towards, or provide a basic summary of what has been announced with regard to timing? Thanks in advance to everyone missing their happy place!

Hi GF fans! We have an upcoming stay at the end of this year (12/8-12/11) and I was searching for timeline info on the refurbishments taking place around the resort. I haven't stayed at the Grand in many years and am really excited but also hoping that there isn't significant lobby disruption or even that upgraded/refurbed rooms may be a thing by then (non-DVC). I just scrolled through about ten pages of this thread but don't see any timeline details. Does anyone have a rough outline they could point me towards, or provide a basic summary of what has been announced with regard to timing? Thanks in advance to everyone missing their happy place!
Disney hasn't posted a timeline for the GF refurbishment yet. But any construction work would be fenced off and wouldn't disrupt things very much. They usually work on one building at a time and that building will be closed to guests during the refurbishment. :)

Our convention is a week before your trip and I've been guaranteed that only one building will be renovated while we are there, and it won't be the main building, mostly cause that is where my suite will be. :-) Also, Narcossee should be ready prior to that date too......

Our convention is a week before your trip and I've been guaranteed that only one building will be renovated while we are there, and it won't be the main building, mostly cause that is where my suite will be. :-) Also, Narcossee should be ready prior to that date too......
Makes me wonder if they will be doing the main building first or last when they move to the resort side for renovations.

Does bell services operate 24 hours? If the Mears Connect bus is scheduled to pick me up at 3am (for my 6am flight), will bell services pick me and my luggage up from my Conch Key building at 2:30 am to transport me to the bus stop If I make an appointment the day before? I’ll be solo and don’t really want to roll my luggage alone in the dark that far.

Does bell services operate 24 hours? If the Mears Connect bus is scheduled to pick me up at 3am (for my 6am flight), will bell services pick me and my luggage up from my Conch Key building at 2:30 am to transport me to the bus stop If I make an appointment the day before? I’ll be solo and don’t really want to roll my luggage alone in the dark that far.
Ask when you arrive, and they can probably tell you whether that will work or, if not, how far in advance you’d need to call that morning. Bell Services works 24/7, and guests arrive and leave at all times of day and night. They have golf carts to transport you.

I am trying to decide between garden view rooms - either 4 days at Grand Floridian, or 5 days at Boardwalk. The price for both is within $150. Has anyone stayed at both? I have only been to Grand Floridian. I would love to hear opinions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter