Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Just to verify, each standard room has a fridge, microwave and a keurig. Yes?

Standard GF rooms do not come with a microwave, unfortunately. Pre-Covid, you could request and receive a microwave (if available), however, I’m not sure if that’s still the case. It doesn’t hurt to try requesting one from housekeeping after you’ve checked in. Good luck!

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort boat service to Magic Kingdom to be interrupted early March 2022

Watercraft services from Disney's Grand Floridian Resort to Magic Kingdom will be interrupted from March 3 2022 as maintenance work takes place on the dock area.

Boat transpiration closures will take place 11:45am to 3:15pm daily, with monorail transportation and the walkway remaining open for guests needing to move travel to Magic Kingdom.

The work is expected to be completed within a week, but specific dates are not available.

I believe that is exactly what will be happening! I think it was posted a week or so ago all the guest rooms in all buildings will be undergoing a refurb!
Was this different than the notice about construction guests were sent? I got that email but it didn't say if it was for the DVC building or regular building.

Question on refurbishment closings … the Disney site is vague and says “most” things will be open. Are there any specific things that will be closed - pool, restaurants, etc. ?

Question on refurbishment closings … the Disney site is vague and says “most” things will be open. Are there any specific things that will be closed - pool, restaurants, etc. ?
Was this different than the notice about construction guests were sent? I got that email but it didn't say if it was for the DVC building or regular building.

We see the same things, so unfortunately, all we can assume right now is the main construction will be happening at BPK where they are converting rooms into DVC starting this week. That’s a definite. Nothing else has been reported as closing (pools, restaurants, etc.)

However, as reported by fbs@wdw, he was notified, due to the convention he will be attending at The Grand, that all the buildings will be all refurbished as well. Blog Mickey was the only blog to mention a full refurb in all of the buildings as well HERE. All other blogs just mentioned the BPK conversion to DVC. I wish I had solid information, but I’m just as unsure. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. :confused3

Does anyone know if GF has places to fill a resort jug with coffee, soda?

Yes! You can go over to Gaspy’s, which is the resort’s quick service, for refills.

I have also read they will refill or give you a cup of soda at Beaches Pool Bar, but I’ll admit, I’ve never purchased a refillable mug, so I cannot confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter