Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Kind of a stupid question, but we'll be staying at GF in a few months (technically the Villas) and one of the things I really want to do one night is just sit out in the sand and watch the MK fireworks. Anything I need to know as far as crowds or the best place along the beach area to do it? I wasn't sure if there is a "best spot" or if the Big Pine Key building blocks any of the view area. Again, kind of a stupid question, but I'm a planner and like to know these things in advance.

Kind of a stupid question, but we'll be staying at GF in a few months (technically the Villas) and one of the things I really want to do one night is just sit out in the sand and watch the MK fireworks. Anything I need to know as far as crowds or the best place along the beach area to do it? I wasn't sure if there is a "best spot" or if the Big Pine Key building blocks any of the view area. Again, kind of a stupid question, but I'm a planner and like to know these things in advance.

You can walk over to the boat dock, or even over to the beach area between The Grand and Poly. Another suggestion is the area in front of Gaspy’s!! There are tables along the water you can sit and watch from! Enjoy!

Tried finding some examples:

GF boat dock 7/4/19

BCD05A1B-5135-4E2D-81CA-9AF48E4273DE.jpeg

In front of Gaspy’s (same year)

623A256B-01CF-4160-B29B-68253F80916C.jpeg

Last edited:
You can walk over to the boat dock, or even over to the beach area between The Grand and Poly. Another suggestion is the area in front of Gaspy’s!! There are tables along the water you can sit and watch from! Enjoy!

Tried finding some examples:

GF boat dock 7/4/19

View attachment 640648

In front of Gaspy’s (same year)

View attachment 640649

Thank you! Those pics look awesome.

Last time we were at Disney we ate at Narcoossee's and watched from there, so I was hoping we could find a good spot on the sand between the GF and Poly.

Last time we were at Disney we ate at Narcoossee's and watched from there, so I was hoping we could find a good spot on the sand between the GF and Poly.

Sorry, I had to look through pics for the sand area I wanted to show you… there is an area along the path from GF to Poly (right next to Poly) where there’s a swinging bench and straight on view of the Castle… you can try there!

D8F680B3-34B5-463B-B704-EACDF25E5DE1.jpeg

Page 2 rescue!

Just wanted to let you guys know, I will post the monthly activity schedules on Page 1. For anyone going in the future, I’d truly appreciate it if you can take a picture for me so I can keep it updated with the most current schedule. January’s is already posted. Thanks so much!!

I hope you’re all having a great weekend!

I just booked Royal Palm Club for Christmas (Dec. 22-26) and my mom's 80th birthday. I still can't believe I'm paying this much money, LOL, but I feel it's going to absolutely be worth it. I haven't told the folks that it's RPC. They think I'm renting DVC points as usual. This is going to be a surprise. Grand Floridian definitely feels like home to us, and this is going to be a wonderful Christmas!

I just booked Royal Palm Club for Christmas (Dec. 22-26) and my mom's 80th birthday. I still can't believe I'm paying this much money, LOL, but I feel it's going to absolutely be worth it. I haven't told the folks that it's RPC. They think I'm renting DVC points as usual. This is going to be a surprise. Grand Floridian definitely feels like home to us, and this is going to be a wonderful Christmas!

Best daughter ever!!! Happy Birthday to mom and have a magical trip!!

I'm curious to hear if others have had better experiences, but just wanted to note that in my experience the audio on the beach between GF and Poly is not that good. If this were me and I wanted something on a beach, I'd continue over to the main Poly beach and watch from there since the audio is really good on a large section of that beach. There will be more people around, but it's usually no problem grabbing a spot on the sand. We like to take some towels just to have somewhere to sit.

Caveat that when it comes to fireworks and show audio, I'm like grandpa and like it turned up LOUD as to me it's an important part of making it a good show. Faint/far off audio doesn't cut it for me. :rotfl:

It’s getting so close to our March trip!

A few questions for anyone who has been recently:

Do you still have to mobile order at Gasparilla’s or can you just go in to order food now? What about in the parks at places like Casey’s or Pinocchio’s Village Haus?

Can you still buy the wrist gift cards at Epcot?

It’s getting so close to our March trip!

A few questions for anyone who has been recently:

Do you still have to mobile order at Gasparilla’s or can you just go in to order food now? What about in the parks at places like Casey’s or Pinocchio’s Village Haus?

Can you still buy the wrist gift cards at Epcot?

How exciting!! I’ll be happy to help. I know for sure you do not have to Mobile Order at Gaspy’s, because I’m a picky eater and never order anything as is!!! lol Can’t say definitively about the other two, as I do not eat at either. Sorry. And yes, you can still buy wristlet gift cards!! There is a Festival of the Arts Wristlet GC and you can see it HERE! Hope you have a great trip!!

Thank you! This will be our first festival ever (last time we just happened to be there the week in between festivals), so we’re excited to eat around the world, and thought one of those wristlet gift cards would make that easier.

Thank you! This will be our first festival ever (last time we just happened to be there the week in between festivals), so we’re excited to eat around the world, and thought one of those wristlet gift cards would make that easier.

I hope you have a great time!

As an informational post…

For anyone interested in booking a Spa Apt. at The Grand Floridian Spa, the online booking tool is so easy to use and can be found HERE. I’ll also add the link to Page 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter