Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Silly question, but if doing a split stay (starting at GF) with Poly, is it OK to use the walking path to walk my luggage over to Poly? I only have one suitcase and a backpack. Thanks, all!

Foggy morning room view - Grand Floridian Big Pine Key 9106 (first floor). I really liked this room. Very close proximity to the Courtyard pool and to the Main building. Balcony is always in the shade. Excellent view of the swan topiaries. Side door opened onto the courtyard area where they show Movies Under the Stars and next to the beach.IMG_2578.JPGIMG_2577 (2).JPG

Foggy morning room view - Grand Floridian Big Pine Key 9106 (first floor). I really liked this room. Very close proximity to the Courtyard pool and to the Main building. Balcony is always in the shade. Excellent view of the swan topiaries. Side door opened onto the courtyard area where they show Movies Under the Stars and next to the beach.View attachment 636345View attachment 636346

That is a pretty view! Thanks for sharing, I’ll add it to page 1. Happy you had a good trip!

Foggy morning room view - Grand Floridian Big Pine Key 9106 (first floor). I really liked this room. Very close proximity to the Courtyard pool and to the Main building. Balcony is always in the shade. Excellent view of the swan topiaries. Side door opened onto the courtyard area where they show Movies Under the Stars and next to the beach.View attachment 636345View attachment 636346
Looks nice!

That will be a DVC view next year - very nice!

One thing I thought worth mentioning as it was a "lesson learned" for me - on 12/30 we planned to leave the MK and take the walking path back to the Grand to view the 11:50 fireworks from Gaspy's. We left the MK at about 10:30 and.... the walking path was closed! The security officers said that the walking path was closed to block off fireworks launch areas including one by the green bridge Electrical Water Pageant docking area. We went to the boat area only to be told at first that boats had also stopped running. Everyone in the boat area let out a collective "oh no". By now, lots of people who had hoped to take the walking path joined the already large group. We were all told to take the monorail - which had massively long lines. I told my daughters that we were just going to go back into the park. I didn't think I'd make it on the monorail and back to the GF before fireworks time. We started to head back into the park when the boat captain called out "Okay! They're letting us take one more big ferry to the Grand and Poly". The crowd let out a whoop and we boarded. My "note to self" was in future on 12/30 and 12/31 - remember that the walking path to the Grand closes before 10:30.

Interesting. I knew they closed the boats (the sign at the Poly said boats would be closed 11:30-12:30) but hadn't even thought about the path. Makes sense though. Not exactly sure where that left most launch site is, but it's somewhere pretty close to the path/in that general direction. Thanks for the report!

Was going through some old Disney pics from I think 1993

Anyone else remember when the birdcage in the lobby had birds in it? Or is it just me?
nKXlgKm.jpg

Aekwv8U.jpg

Mom & I were reminiscing last night and was wondering if anyone has any updates or knows whatever happened to Lynn aka the teddy bear lady?

Hey everyone:wave:

Did I miss that Citrico's is closed. I am trying to make a reservation and its saying no reservations...not like when there aren't any available...more like NONE for the day? I have tried from today through mid March....weird. I tried the other day too, same thing.

Thanks for the help.

Did I miss that Citrico's is closed. I am trying to make a reservation and its saying no reservations...not like when there aren't any available...more like NONE for the day? I have tried from today through mid March....weird. I tried the other day too, same thing.

Thanks for the help.
I think they’re closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. I got a 7:15 reservation there for my mom and I in 10 days just the other day, but I’ve been stalking MDE for it.

Thanks for the help.

Remember they are closed Monday and Tuesday (which I still find lame), just in case that’s influencing what you are seeing.

I don’t know how they manage ADRs at that place but I can never get one, and every time I’ve walked up or sat in the lounge there are many open tables in the restaurant. I guess staffing or some other reason they don’t pack them in? Who knows. But ADRs there frustrate me.

I think they’re closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. I got a 7:15 reservation there for my mom and I in 10 days just the other day, but I’ve been stalking MDE for it.
Remember they are closed Monday and Tuesday (which I still find lame), just in case that’s influencing what you are seeing.

I don’t know how they manage ADRs at that place but I can never get one, and every time I’ve walked up or sat in the lounge there are many open tables in the restaurant. I guess staffing or some other reason they don’t pack them in? Who knows. But ADRs there frustrate me.

Thank you so much that makes sense, I was looking at a Monday and Tuesday. I am disappointed I was dying to see it finally, if even only for a drink!!!! Maybe I'll try and swing by a different day to check out the lounge if time permits. We're going to be at the WL this trip.

Was going through some old Disney pics from I think 1993

Anyone else remember when the birdcage in the lobby had birds in it? Or is it just me?
nKXlgKm.jpg

Aekwv8U.jpg

Mom & I were reminiscing last night and was wondering if anyone has any updates or knows whatever happened to Lynn aka the teddy bear lady?
Last I read that Lynn was in a nursing home. I believe her sister posted that information. What a nice lady.

Last I read that Lynn was in a nursing home. I believe her sister posted that information. What a nice lady.

Unfortunately I believe Lynn past away, she did end up in a nursing home first. I am almost positive thats what the cast members that we know in ER told us. I also believe her daughter was on Disboards and posted something as well. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think so.

Unfortunately I believe Lynn past away, she did end up in a nursing home first. I am almost positive thats what the cast members that we know in ER told us. I also believe her daughter was on Disboards and posted something as well. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think so.
Thanks ladies and yess Lynn was a very nice lady.
I'm sad to hear that she has passed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter